PCOS*Lipotrim*TTC*downer day

Kylaa15

I'm due to go for my 6monthly hospital appointment.. And I'm thinking what's the point! All there going to do is tell me my BMI isn't at 30 yet, and to come back in another 6month, find the whole appointment a waste of time and disheartening.

So going to give lipotrim a go in a few weeks, getting my bmi to 30 is my first goal, I'd still like to lose more weight after that.

Has anyone experience the same thing, once you hit your bmi to 30, what did the hospital do for you after that? Clomid?:confused:

Depends which primary care trust your under and what bloods/ ultrasounds etc show.... The pct I'm under has a bmi of 35 limit mine is 34 and slowly reducing so already on the waiting list for icsi :). Don't be so hard on yourself do a healthy eating regime that will work in the long term. Have you got much to loose x

I've not been able to work it all out completely yet, but I think it's just over 5st to get my bmi to 30, along way off yet but that's what I'm working my first goal towards :)
pita the NHS hospital, I'm due for blood tests soon, but I only have them yearly. Ultrasounds show lots of cysts on one ovary, but that was about 5years ago so I may push for another one.

I was diagnosed with pcos because I had a ultrasound and cysts period was 77 days! That was 3 years a go. I've been referred to fertility clinic and new scans and bloods show that I don't have pcos just irregular periods. So you never know xx

Ooo.

I self diagnosed myself from reading a artical in a mag, then went to doctors who sent me for a ultrasound. I've got the typical pcos symptoms, no periods or very very rare. Hair growth. Drives me mad.
They gave me metformin but it didn't agree with me at all.
I'd like bother ultrasound though because I do often worry about the cysts getting larger.
:)

I first went to the hospital at bmi 33 and they said if I needed treatment such as ivf I'd need bmi 30 but they would do investigations in the meantime. I have pcos & endo and have a max of one period a year so wasn't expecting much. I had scans and then a lap & dye which confirmed everything but I didn't have any blockages. They then referred me for a second op to remove my endo and told me once my bmi was under 30 I could have clomid. Never needed it as I fell pregnant weeks after the lap & dye (after two years of trying) and will be 14 weeks on Monday.
So depending on your pct they may start the ball rolling with investigations etc before you get to bmi 30.

Awww that's fantastic!!!! Congratulations. Yeah that's the department I'm with at the hospital endro..croo..lo sumat! Haha. They telling me 30.
Pthats my goal, I can't wait to find out all my measurements and weight :)

Awww that's fantastic!!!! Congratulations. Yeah that's the department I'm with at the hospital endro..croo..lo sumat! Haha. They telling me 30.
Pthats my goal, I can't wait to find out all my measurements and weight :)

I started off at bmi 39 and got down to 30.1 then put a bit back on because I was comfort eating convinced it would never happen. Good luck with everything, you're in good company here :)

Back