Peeved.....(SW/Woman of Year)

StaceyUK

Gold Member
Apparently I don't get to go through to the district finals because.......I'm too fat! :cry:

Despite losing nearly 6st, I still don't qualify and am, apparently, 7lb too heavy to take part - despite the fact that I could very well be within the criteria when it comes time for the finals.

I really can't put into words how this has made me feel. I can't believe that Slimming World, of all companies, would push that you have to be a certain size, weight or look in order to go through to the next round.

I'm downright flabbergasted, outraged, and most of all, hurt and disappointed and feel like my hard work has just been dismissed. :(

I think I need to sit down and write a letter to someone - maybe once I come back from hols.

Aww Hun!!! That is not good!
I had the same reply when I wanted to become a consultant...I was told that I needed to be a certain size in order to meet their standard. I didnt know whether to laugh or cry at the time.
I would put pen to paper if I was you. You really have had a fantastic loss and have inspired so many people including myself. Dont be disheartened by this..you are worth heaps more!

xxxx

That is awful! I am really shocked!

I really, really understand how let down you must feel but PLEASE don't let this detract from your fantastic achievement to date. You have done fantastically well and must feel like a different person. Don't allow petty, small minded rules to make you feel any less fantastic than you should.

I am so sorry, mate

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 stone is fantastic, I'm very impressed - they have missed out on a fabulous story here, there loss not yours hun (not that it seems that way I'm sure)

I repeat - 6 stone, WOW!

Stacey I am gutted for you.
hugs.gif

6 stone is a great achievement, you are an inspiration to us all and I have to admit I love reading your posts and have tried many of your recipies.

I cannot understand what s/w was thinking about turning you down.

In our eyes you are a winner
hugs.gif

I would be fuming too and yes get pen to paper!

Thats appalling. Thats how to make you feel like you have achieved nothing imo! Im gobsmacked! xxxx

WHAT? they hvae a criterea like that?! i know you have to lose a certain amount but wtf!? surly not. Deffinatly write to someone. Thats bloody awful.

*hugs to you* xxx

I'm gutted for you Stacey and I think this is a terrible way to deal with people- as you said, you could have lost 7lbs by then. Don't lose heart though, you're doing fantastically well and who knows, maybe next year you could be the UK's Slimmer of the Year.

Words fail me (for once), How on earth can a slimming club tell someone they are too big to take part after a 6 stone loss. Surely its the story of how you have lost it and the effect it has had on you thats the insperation to others. I always thought that reading about someones journey was supposed to give them motivation and encouragement, no matter what size or shape they are. I don't always want to see pictures of someone who was very large and the now pics of them all slim and gorgeous, it can be daunting and almost seem unachieveable. Seeing someone who is part way through their weightloss to me is more encouraging and attainable. I am gutted for you hun, but you stick to your plan and you should be able to qualify next year and have an even bigger loss overall. Serve em right if you turned round next year and told em where to shove it lol. Your a winner in my eyes and full of insperation to us all. Keep going and don't let them send you running for the fridge, they're not worth it but you are worth everything. xx

OMG how awful!
loosing 6 stone is not something many people mange to achieve, what a let down.
Please dont get disheartened though, you are a true inspiration to all of us x

Thank you so much everyone. You gals have, as usual, made me feel so loved and appreciated! I'm definitely going to write to Head Office. It's a shame that they have this criteria in place.

Next year probably won't be an option as I'm hoping to be living in Canada by then! Oh well, it was still nice to be recognised by my class but I think it should be made public knowledge that you obviously have to be a certain BMI to continue forward in the next stages!

Defo and tbh 6 stone is an achievement in itself and if you are continuing to see the progress to now and then from 6 to the 7 stone and so on! Awful! xxx

What a shame! Your picture looks lovely and I bet you would have made a great contestant.

But - why not turn this into an opportunity? This would make a great story for your local paper. Get together with your consultant and provide them with photos and a positive story along the lines of "just missed out this time, but look what she has achieved, better luck next time". Good publicity for your consultant's class (editorial pieces bring in more new customers than advertisements) and a bit of a boost for you.

Local newspapers love heartwarming stories about local people - especially when someone else has done all the work of writing them and taking the photos!!

Good luck - and keep going.

Oh Stacey, I feel so bad for you, that is totally unfair, you have lost 6 stones for goodness sake, surely another 7lbs could have been accepted.

I can understand you feeling hurt and upset and a letter is needed you can't let this go without protesting about it in some way.

I am so sorry love, but believe me you are a huge inspiration to me. X

I cannot believe this!!! So your achievements don't count for anything because you're not in a weight band? That's so ridiculous! And shame on SW for this! :-(

Get writing to them and say your piece. This is so unfair for you.

Sorry you're sad too - hugs x

*hugs*

Wow I really can't believe that Stacey you have had such a HUGE loss and done so well. Your recipes on here are ace and I am sure your advice and recipes and support on here have been a great help to many minimins!

X

yes, as everyone else has said we are all proud of your achievement, what a fantastic and helpful role model you are,shame SW don't support you more too.
Keep up the good work, you'll be at goal soon:)

Back