Peeved.....(SW/Woman of Year)

I was just sitting here thinking, you have lost the equivilent to 3 of my 5 year old! (he's 2 stone, but eats like a pig! obviously doesn;t have my genes!)

Well Done to You! ;)

You're doing really well, and your group obviously feel you're well worthy of this award, and I'm sure you've inspired all of them or they wouldn't have voted for you!

Can hardly believe SW would have such restrictions for the National Award, and presumably these restrictions haven't been put on the Class Award - What criteria do SW actually have for this national award? If you do go to the papers SW isn't likely to get a good review from the journalists with this one!

Best o'luck'n'stuff with your letter to SW - and also during the rest of your weight loss journey! ;)

Last edited:
Rotten! That's so so so wrong Stacey and they haven't a clue what they're missing out on! You are such an inspiration and a help on this board I just wish they would acknowledge how well you have done. I think it's outrageous to say you have to weigh x, or is it BMI they are looking at? If so that's worse, cause BMI is a load of tosh esp if you exercise! Grrr....maybe we should ALL Write letters!

I honestly think this stinks, I would be more than happy to draft a letter we can all print out and send to HQ. I have just realised we will have this in our class as the woman we have voted still has a long way to go to target.
If anyone wants me to draft a letter I'm more than happy to do so I will keep things general so it will be relevant to all.

I am so shocked that this is happening.

BusyMam - that would be great. I'm rubbish at 'official' letter type things! I do think it's a disgrace and a complete con. I knew I had no chance beyond the districts BUT to be told I CAN'T compete because I don't make the BMI or weight criteria (probably based on BMI, I should think as my C was asking how tall I was) is really unfair and a misrepresentation of the whole competition. It also makes me feel like I've let my class down and they should've voted for the target member who would've been eligible to go through to the next round!

I honestly think this stinks, I would be more than happy to draft a letter we can all print out and send to HQ.
I am so shocked that this is happening.

yep I would be more than happy to print out that letter and send it off.

we are behind you all the way stacey

I think BMI is a waste of time to be honest - it's not a true representation at ALL! FFS I'm getting into 10s now in many cases in day to day clothes and my BMI is still just a teensy bit over 25. It's total b*ll*cks.

You fight hun - this is a silly SW rule!

P.S out of curiosity what's the 'requirements'?

I'm with Sticky bo%%o§ks to BMI. I'm still a BMI of 26 and a size 10-12. BMI takes no account of muscle, which is why just about every rugby player in the world can be considered at least overwieght and in many cases, obese.

SW need to seriously look at their criteria - it's not always the target member (or even the consultant, for that matter!) who is the greatest motivator and inspiration to the class.

Why not launch a petition - on a blog, perhaps?

I am so sorry to hear about this and dont quite understand how a company promoting that this is not just another "diet" could discriminate against it's own members, and the fact that you have done so well to loose six stone should be more than enough to allow you your chance at slimmer of the year regardless of bmi. Quite frankly i am discusted! Not everyone starts off at the same weight and everyones body is different, shame on Slimming world. Maybe someone should think of starting a petition against this situation to allow followers of any bmi to participate in slimmer of the year!

Dont let this put you off your journey! I am fairly new here so dont know everyone yet but it seems as though a lot of board members hold you in high regard and to them you are a great inspiration x

Last edited:
I can't really add anything the other girls haven't already posted hun, but I agree that it is disgraceful and I am quite suprised at SW tbh. Really.
I also was told that you had to be a certain size to become a consultant as one of the ladies in my group was enquiring as the C said that she was currently too big, you have to be within a certain amount of pounds to your set target. Again that surprised me.

I'm with the others, send the letter in. In fact, I'd send one the the SW magazine, see if that gets printed. (or more likely, not)

(It also makes me feel like I've let my class down and they should've voted for the target member who would've been eligible to go through to the next round! )

no you have not let your class down, they voted for you because they think you deserve it, which you do

I won this in my group last year, but as I haven't lost 3 stone to get to target, I wasn't eligible to go forward. I lost 2 stone 13 1/2 lb!!!

Not that I wanted anything from it, it was lovely to be nominated from the group but there does seem to be a fair few rules around SOTY and these don't seem to be made public knowledge!

:confused: There are just some things in life that don't make sense and this is one of them. 6 stone loss, in anyones book that is a massive achievement. We you definately inspire me! Keep on with the fantastic work!!!

I am really surprised by this, one of the things that drew me to SW was the fact that they don't make you set a target on your first night. I have still got a lot of weight to loose and even after nearly 5 stones I still do not feel ready to set my target weight.
Stacey you have done incredibly well and inspired so many people with your posts, recipes and pictures. I know that I would rather see a story about someone like you, who I can relate to as oppose to someone who has only had a small amount of weight to loose - no offence to those people in that situation - we all know how much effort is involved no matter what the loss. That's why I am so surprised at that decision. Write to someone about it and air your views I am sure they will be taken into account.

I am quite willing to print off a letter and send it in. i cant believe this.................thats shocking!!!!!

Thats shocking :O. Id definately be writing a very strongly worded letter, and please dont fel like all your hard work was for nothing, 6st is a huge acheivment and you have done fantastically well.

I would definately put pen to paper Stacey, I really can't believe this! As already posted on previous posts, your loss to date is amazing hun and you have inspired so many people on here. I love your recipes and reading your posts. Keep your chin up hun and keep going! xx

Stacey, I am really really quite shocked and appalled. You are ALWAYS on here giving out brilliant advice about the plan and sharing brilliant recipes.

Listen, I am a former freelance journo and I know people who write for the big papers and the ladies' mags. With your permission I could put your story forward to a bunch of them and see if any of them would like to do something. Failing that I could interview you myself and see if I can get your story out there.

If you're interested please do PM me and let me know. No pressure, give it a while to sink in to see how you feel about it, but please do PM me. I'd love to chat to you and get the full story down on paper.

xxx

Back