Peeved.....(SW/Woman of Year)

Omgosh, I find it disgraceful that SW would turn round and say such a thing, surely it should be who has lost the most weight!?

Well done for losing 6 stone!!! :wow: That is fantastic!!!

:happy096:

Stacey that is so so wrong. i can't believe it. Surely someone must do something about this. You and all the other class winners are truly inspirational to all of us.
All i can say is congratulations on an amazing weight loss. They lost out on some good publicity and shot themselves in the foot.

Hi Stacey,

I'm the same as you, I've lost nearly 6 st too but I was 1.5lb away from going through!!! I am not bothered as I don't like limelight and stuff but the class were outraged on my behalf :eek:

According to my leader its : lost 3st +, be a stone or less away from your top weight/height. I am 1.5lb away from being my top weight, which is 9st 6lb for my height of 5.1 If I had been an inch taller I would have gone through :confused:

So sorry Tracey. You have done so well and 6 stone is amazing!
I agree with the others. Put pen to paper and/or do an interview.
It really is not fair and people should know that. I am disappointed in SW about this.
It certainly does not show SW is a good light and they are not practicing what they preach.
YOU are a our star Stacey. Please remember that!

I agree with all that's been said. You are an inspiration to us all! Surely if they have "criteria" it should be set out at the begining instead of causing all this disappointment?

Thank you ladies so much! Gosh, your support has been overwhelming and it's so nice to know you guy's have 'got my back', so to speak!

Vixxster - will def think about a story when I come back from hols (I'm off to Italy tomorrow and back on Sun).

KnickerbockerGlory - well done you!!! What a great achievement! I can't believe that you were so close to going through. I dont' like the limelight either and KNOW that I would never have actually won but it's the not being allowed to take part that is getting me! I don't like being told I can't do something! *stamps foot* LOL! I can't belive you are in the 9st bracket and still don't qualify!?! It's insane!

I agree with all that's been said. You are an inspiration to us all! Surely if they have "criteria" it should be set out at the begining instead of causing all this disappointment?

Totally agree!

Stacey, this must be one of the longest threads I've followed, and EVERYONE is totally on your side. I feel devastated on your behalf - if your own class members thought that you were the 'most inspirational' person, as does everyone here, well, words fail me. Judimac says it all, and far more succinctly than I could ever have done.

Don't let it get you down, we're all on your side. Do hope that you
have a good break - we'll miss you, and look forward to your return.

GET IT SORTED SLIMMING WORLD !!!!! That is disgusting im am so in shock. Well done honey thats a fantastic loss and so inspirational ( i need to lose 6 stone) YOU ARE A STAR !

6 stone - I cant wait till Ive lost 6 stone I would be ecstatice and I know my family would be immensely proud of my acheivement as well. Keep smiling, its fantastic.

Mrs V - what weight do you have to be to be a consultant? Mine is bigger than me!

Here is a draft of the letter I thought we could send or email in
Address if you wish

To whom it may concern,

It has recently come to my attention that Slimmer of the Year is not all it seems.
Group members vote on the class member they feel is the most inspirational member of their group, this may be the person who has hit target, has lost the most weight, who has done well despite adversity, or just someone who inspires others possibly through their contribution in group meetings.
What no one realised is there is a hidden agenda and class winners are not been allowed to go through to the next rounds because they still have too much weight to lose.
Now this is a terrible attitude for a Sliming Group, now no one would object if there was a criteria in place before group votes were made such as, Club 10 member, member with a healthy BMI or under 27 or even members within 5lbs of target, but for us to vote and then have our trust violated in this manner is shocking, and most importantly what does it do for the self esteem of the class member who is rejected at the second hurdle. How about ensuring that an open vote is truly an open vote or else consultants could issue a list of members who meet the criteria for entry.
So can we please say Slimming World shape up and stop abusing the trust of your members and most of all can you please stop this horrible, horrible rejection of the people that your members have chosen. Overweight people suffer enough abuse, rejection and humiliation in their everyday life so to encounter it from the people we pay to help us and we place our trust in is despicable behaviour if we wanted treatment like this we would sign up to Fat Boot Camp and not your organisation.

Yours a very unhappy and disgusted member,

Add name if you wish

Well this is pi** poor in my opinion. i can understand a minimum loss, but i'd imagine to qulify you would have to lose alot anyway. being within sight of a BMI of 25 is a bit harsh. Surely it's about inspiration and the story as you all say. Does your weight loss have to be within that year as well? i may write a letter to SW magazine. Not impressed with SW about that at all!! Maybe we should all stage a revolt!

Stacey you are an inspiration and i love all the great cooking you do. Keep uop the great work.

We voted for our Woman of the year not long ago and I had no idea that there was a criteria to be met other than she needed to have lost weight.
Slimming World lets members decide their own target and doesn't judge what that target should be. So what if someone has reached target but is still beneath the BMI which SW deems necessary to go forward into the next stage of Woman of the year? Isn't that kind of dictating to us what our target should be but in a more subtle manner?

I think the OP has had a magnificent weight loss and thoroughly deserves a round of applause. I also think that the letter which another poster (sorry, forgot to take note of the posters name) is a very good idea. Maybe when sent in as a petition form, it would have more of an impact. Dare I suggest that one might be started on here? Or is that a form of mutiny...lol?

Coincidently what is the BMI and other criteria which SW requires?

:eek::eek:OMG how awful, loosing 6 stone is not something many people mange to achieve, Stacey you are an inspiration to us all and a winner in our eyes :hug99:

Oh dear, SW have really let themselves down. And all of us. When I joined I was told I could set my own target and that the size I wanted to be was my own business. The C said that SW take each member as an individual and that nobody would impose anything on me. I really liked that attitude. But it seems now to have been misleading.

Clearly, when it comes to publicity, SW have the same attitude as most other companies...You can't be in the photos, because you're not thin enough. It doesn't matter how successful, inspirational and determined you are...You're not thin enough.

Well scr*w them. You're amazing and they've missed out on you.

I haven't yet read through the whole thread as I have to go for now...but the idea of us all writing to both Slimming World head office, and the magazine, is a very good one, I feel - as this is disgraceful!

I shall read through the thread properly later, I promise, but hugs to the OP as I feel she needs tham x

Closing Date?

Does anyone know the closing date for Woman of the Year Awards from Groups?

Our Consultant has mentioned that we're going to vote for this but it hasn't happened at our group as yet.

I would HOPE that she would advise us of the "criteria" BEFORE we vote - mind you, if she doesn't I'll certainly be making sure I ask her - AND I'll be mentioning this situation in group!

I agree with everyone on here. I would have thought SW would have been happy with someone inspirational like Stacey, who has a fantastic attitude. Yet, all they have done is upset her. This could have been avoided if the "rules" had been explained before the voting. Big hugs to Stacey.

Back