People who post on the CD 100% forum. Please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD

Gone fishing
The main CD forum here is for:

All CD plans
Support
Confessionals
Low times
High times
Dairies
Chit Chat
People who stay 100%
People who blip
People who want to blip
People who don't to blip
In fact pretty much anything

This 100% forum

No talk of food outside the plans
No talk of cheating.

That's the only difference. But people constantly talk of food outside the plans and blipping on this forum. Easy to do, especially if you put a diary here. Which is why a diary is better off in the main forum.

So question

In what way do you want the 100% forum to be different to the main forum?

Short answer only please. No talk of whether blipping is good, bad, unforgiveable ..send to the gallows or whatever.

Just!!!

What way do you want the 100% forum to be different from the main forum.

If no answer can be found, then we may need to merge the two forums as there is no point in having 2 the same.

thankyou folks :thankyou:

KD: who is attempting to find an answer for YOU

I think it should be for anyone who is attempting to do a CD plan 100% - even if they do have blips.
Personally, this is the only board I come to and feel like I know it's groove, the people, the conversations. I personally would feel like I can't come here for support if I am not 'perfect' and that I feel is the opposite of support.
That's just my opinion.

oh dear tricky one. I post on the 100% because the people I chatter to are doing the plan without cheats, pushing boundaries etc. But I must confess I do bring up food now and then, and want to be able to do so, because I want to be 'at ease' with it and not see it as the enemy. I am putting myself in situations where I might be tempted because I know when I start moving up the plans I'll find it much harder to resist and want to get used to that now.

However I wouldn't want to upset people that can't bear the sound of food (as it were) so maybe I should be on the regular forum. I suppose I feel I 'meet' more likeminded souls on 100%. I'll go with what the majority think!

Had a read through everyones post re mentioning food.

Whilst I don't cheat, and agree mentioning cheats can be demoralising for those are are sticking to plan, I think if I want to mention the f word then I'll only do so on the regular forum as is intended.

Bizarrely I find reading the maintenance etc threads really useful. Trying to learn before I get there, as it were.

Let myself slip without even noticing it! Sorry all....:(

I think 100% forum should be that only and if someone does want help with cheating or whatever then they can post a thread on main forum and their friends can speak to them there. I'm one of the people who is finding it dificult to think about food but want the facility to be open if necessary but on other forum. Thank you KD

Thankyou for your replies.

I think it should be for anyone who is attempting to do a CD plan 100% - even if they do have blips.

But that's what the main forum is for.

I personally would feel like I can't come here for support if I am not 'perfect' and that I feel is the opposite of support.
That's just my opinion.
But there's always support on the main forum.

So how will this forum be different?

But I must confess I do bring up food now and then, and want to be able to do so, because I want to be 'at ease' with it and not see it as the enemy.

Absolutely, which is why we have the main forum.

I suppose I feel I 'meet' more likeminded souls on 100%. I'll go with what the majority think!

I would hazard a guess that nearly everyone is a 'likeminded soul'. Everyone tries to do CD 100%.

I think 100% forum should be that only and if someone does want help with cheating or whatever then they can post a thread on main forum and their friends can speak to them there. I'm one of the people who is finding it dificult to think about food but want the facility to be open if necessary but on other forum. Thank you KD

Thanks Broxi :)

So, a place to be guaranteed no blipping? Not necessarily only for people who are 100% all the time, open for all, but for no blipping messages ever

That would make it different to the main forum.

More thoughts please.

I think this forum should be more "strict" maybe...I know on the main forum people post asking what to do for special occasions etc and answers are sometimes "oh have some chicken it'll be fine" etc.Well i think if someone posts that question here, the answers should be more along the lines of "don't do it" etc.It drives me crazy to read about people almost encouraging others to cheat.We can't ban all mention of food as there is legitimate food on the higher CD plans and even on SS+ but I don't want to see posts about pizza etc on here.Likewise if someone has a blip and does post on here I'm not going to say "oh don't worry it'll be OK" as I don't think that's particularly helpful-it's almost like you're giving that person permission to do it again.I'm more likely to say "be prepared for a weight gain and more cravings,drink the water, stick to it from now on, don't ruin all your hard work".
If we talk about cheats and accept them,or tell people to eat chicken at a BBQ etc then as KD says what's the point of having this as a seperate forum?

Hi KD, we have athread called Butterflies which is for people totally committed to diet and each other. But obviously some people will fall some time and we want to be supportive to each other too. Nobody is talking about food per se but we want to be open to help each other. Should we move to main forum? Not a problem to do so. xxx

Reactions: KD
Well i think if someone posts that question here, the answers should be more along the lines of "don't do it" etc.

Yes and absolutely great in theory, but, in practice that might not work.

People can't help but want to reassure others, and I think will forget they are in the 100% forum when they read back.

Then we'll get lots of messages saying the this and that wont hurt and people are being harsh and not understanding what they are going through.

Great thoughts there though. And certainly answers my question, even though it might not work

what's the point of having this as a seperate forum?

Yep. Still waiting for more thoughts on this :)

Should we move to main forum? Not a problem to do so. xxx

Will answer on the thread in question. Scared this thread might go off on a tangent :D

I would love the forum to be purely for NO mention of 'cheating' I know that is apparently non supportive.... But The main forum is there and like you say it would be nice to have a big difference....
So it would be great to have a place JUST full of motivation 100% CD (regardless of CD plan someone is on)
So:
Motivational stories of how people got through a day staying on plan...
As Rose say's there is a lot of qu's for "How can I do this and it not affect me too much!" I personally think, if there was a place people could see where people do totally 100% they would be surprised at how many of us there are! And that would be really motivational...
If they do decide 'to do the longer journey' for a while, the main CD forum is still there for support?
I find that sometimes when I have a tough day, I have to pick which posts I read carefully, as I jsut don't want to read about people falling.. it's not unsupportive, it's just I am doing this jounrey too and sometimes I need to know there are others like me who are doing OK and who are managing the same problems I am in the same way I want to.. Ie by the book :)

x

Can I just add KD that Like watergirl , I am not against the mention of food per se I don';t want to think of food as the enemy either. And to be honest we are all grown up and know what food is, the problem lies where people talk about how they succumbed to XYZ and how delicious it was then people say... dont worry just put it behind you it won't matter!
Thats hard!
x

Thanks for that Tilly :) Sounds good to me.

I'll put it on my list

1. I would love the forum to be purely for NO mention of 'cheating' I

2. Motivational stories of how people got through a day staying on plan...

Any more thoughts folks?

Can I just add KD that Like watergirl , I am not against the mention of food per se I don';t want to think of food as the enemy either. And to be honest we are all grown up and know what food is, the problem lies where people talk about how they succumbed to XYZ and how delicious it was then people say... dont worry just put it behind you it won't matter!
Thats hard!
x

That's exactly how I feel. You put it so much better.

Can I just add KD that Like watergirl , I am not against the mention of food per se I don';t want to think of food as the enemy either
x

That's exactly how I feel. You put it so much better.

I can understand the need to explain, but can we please try to keep this thread on topic. Otherwise it'll go round in circles again :D

personally I think 100% forum should be that. It should be a refuge from food mentions. Not the F word itself just specific foods if you know what I mean. Eg "Found it hard cooking kids dinner" is alight but "Kids had X then Y and I ate a bit of thier Z" is unacceptable.

Main forum for blip specifics, but I have no doubt both are goo d places of support.

Good one Lexie

3. "Found it hard cooking kids dinner" is alright but "Kids had X then Y and I ate a bit of thier Z" is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back