People who post on the CD 100% forum. Please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with tillyfloss - 1. I would love the forum to be purely for NO mention of 'cheating'

I don't mind food being mentioned, as long as it's regarding SS+, 810, 1000 etc. I don't agree with people being told to eat chicken if they are hungry, as to me that is cheating if doing SS...

I would like it to be stricter, and heavily moderated (if possible, in fact could more mods be appointed at all to give KD a hand?).

I've been 100% the whole way through my journey so far. I've hit the 5 stone gone mark today, and this is the forum I prefer to be on, with, I hope to think, like minded people....

Ah I'm babbling, sorry!

xx

Agree with all 3 points (the ones in bold) so far-I just don't want to read that having a bit of chicken is OK when on SS,or that someone HAD to have something for lunch when in reality it's perfectly possible to go from 9-5 without a shake if you happen to forget one(done it a few times by accident).100% means 100% not 99.9% cos there's a barbeque or a birthday coming up.

When I first started cd I would only come to the 100% forum.. I am now on my 16th week and have only ever been 100% (Im not a saint or anything just determined to stick with it). I read on 100% forum and answer posts but I find I spend more time on cd forum as it really doesnt bother me when others discuss food as at the end of the day it is in our day to day lifes so we cant just ignore it, I am around food all day long and I am sure most of us with kids or partners have food around them too.

I agree with this forum should be 100% as in dont discuss food etc as I can understand that some people find it easier... and the other forum is there to discuss cheats, food, etc..

thanks KD xs

I think talk of cheating or food should be banned in 100%! Keep it for people who come on here to chat about their successes and don't want to be reminded of food! IMO there should be a place on here where your not thinking about temptations!

and the other forum is there to discuss cheats, food, etc..

thanks KD xs

Yep...and of course, talk of being 100% is fine on the other forum aswell :) It's not just for the blippers ;)

I agree with Tilly, if you are having a bad day you have to avoid the 'i just cheated by eating x' posts or it can be hard to stay motivated.
It would be nice to see the 100% forum cheat free - especially avoiding the very negative posts describing exactly what people have eaten/drunk to cheat.
On a seperate note, I was wondering about whether there is an SS+ subforum? Would be useful for people off SS+ (especially the having the meal in the evening)... Just a thought!

Thanks KD

Reactions: KD
Oh, and more importantly, I've seen these thread go off on a tangent (understandably), so very many times, and we've never been able to sort out answers to the original posts.

Time to get it sorted.

Right...back on topic ;)

So how will this forum be different?

So far

1. I would love the forum to be purely for NO mention of 'cheating'

2. Motivational stories of how people got through a day staying on plan...

3. "Found it hard cooking kids dinner" is alright but "Kids had X then Y and I ate a bit of thier Z" is unacceptable.

hi ive just read through all this, i love it here because i AM 100%, so i deserve to be here, i do not talk about cheats or nibbling things because i dont, but i cook every day and will say im so proud of myself i have just cooked p**** for the family or ive been out for dinner and really fancied a pud bit was a good girl, i know when i finish cd i will have to go back to eating allsorts of food, in moderation, i think it is unhealthy not to talk about food, we cant avoid it , its in adverts on tv, billboards, we walk past shops daily. we should not pretend it doesnt exist. but i do agree;
1 no talk of cheats, in a boasting way, (sometimes people are ill and may be told by doc to just have a slice of *****) and may need help. these people may still be dettermined to be 100%
2 deffinatly motivational stories to help,
3 no mention of just ate a bit of kids ***** but im sure it wont hurt
4 but we should be allowed to mention foods we are not eating, we should be able to resist this as a temptation if we can resist the adverts.....
5 this forum at the end of the day should be for anyone wanting and trying to be 100%, if they deliberatly cheat they should move to the other forum,
if this cant happen and it becomes a forum with no food mentions atall then i think it becomes dangerously close to an obsession or eating disorder. which there have been a few scary threads along this line previosly. sorry for the long thread, but this is helping me change my life, and health, and hopefully prolonging my life to
xxx

I'll try to answer this one the best I can Claira. Thanks for your thoughts. Hang on a mo....

Can we please clarify what the point of the support groups are?

I understand that blipping is not good and some are 100% and don't want to hear about it. But what about us who are members of a support group that was started in the CD 100%.

If people are able to do it 100% then good for them, i so wish i could do it again as i did on LL. But i have struggled quite a bit for a variety of reasons and there seems little point in me being part of a group that i cannot be open and honest with for fear of breaking the rules and possibly sabotaging other people's valiant attempts at remaining 100%.

Clearly i may have to move groups (if anyone else will have me) to one on the normal CD board cos i really do not want to harm other people's chances.

1 no talk of cheats, in a boasting way, (sometimes people are ill and may be told by doc to just have a slice of *****) and may need help. these people may still be dettermined to be 100%

There's very few on those on the main forum. It's rare that people boast about it. And of course, if the doctor says they need to eat xxxx, they can still get heaps of support on the main forum. So that wouldn't make this forum different.

2 deffinatly motivational stories to help,
Yep. Agree 100% there

3 no mention of just ate a bit of kids ***** but im sure it wont hurt
Agree there.
4 but we should be allowed to mention foods we are not eating, we should be able to resist this as a temptation if we can resist the adverts.....
Moving onto No. 5 as covered in that :)

if this cant happen and it becomes a forum with no food mentions atall then i think it becomes dangerously close to an obsession or eating disorder.
I do disagree here. Having a place to go for a while, away from talk about food will not lead to an eating disorder.

After all, all 100%ers hopefully will be following the plans up, and so will be talking about food on the CD maintenance forum. In that forum, any foods can be mentioned with ease.

Of course, if they are not doing Cambridge properly, and hence avoiding food throughout the plan, then they should be posting on the main forum anyway.

which there have been a few scary threads along this line previosly.
Yes. I agree. Rather worrying at the mo with a couple of members, one of which isn't on CD. But they aren't doing Cambridge 100%, so not posting here. As they post in other forums, we can talk about food to them and help support and encourage them not to be scared of food.

I repeat, having a place to go where you know you wont be hearing about off plan foods for a while, does not mean you are more likely to get an eating disorder.

ok so where do i belong, because i am 100%
i do talk about how well ive done with friends on here about resisting certain foods, i dont mention on all threads only one, which i have built up a great support. i have moments of temptation and talk to the girls and they help me overcome that, i dont want to be on a thread where someone says oh ive just given into xxx cos i know i will loose it and fall off. the name 100% does something to me to not fall off.
and regards to the worrying threads there is one cd user in particular that has made a couple of views, that worried me, i used to work in an eating disorder clinic, x

Claira, I think the point is if you want to celebrate how well you have done resisting specific foods, then you would post about that on the general CD forum. There is nothing stopping people from posting in different areas apart from their perception of 'belonging'.

Is this going to be meant for people who SS 100% or do any of the CD plans 100%?
I think that is where it will get confusing - people on their 810 week are obviously still following the plan 100% but will of course mention food.
If people want a forum with absolutely no talk of food whatsoever there is the Strictly SS forum

Bumping up.

The main CD forum here is for:

All CD plans
Support
Confessionals
Low times
High times
Dairies
Chit Chat
People who stay 100%
People who blip
People who want to blip
People who don't to blip
In fact pretty much anything

This 100% forum

No talk of food outside the plans
No talk of cheating.

That's the only difference. But people constantly talk of food outside the plans and blipping on this forum. Easy to do, especially if you put a diary here. Which is why a diary is better off in the main forum.

So question

In what way do you want the 100% forum to be different to the main forum?

Short answer only please. No talk of whether blipping is good, bad, unforgiveable ..send to the gallows or whatever.

Just!!!

What way do you want the 100% forum to be different from the main forum.

If no answer can be found, then we may need to merge the two forums as there is no point in having 2 the same.

thankyou folks :thankyou:

KD: who is attempting to find an answer for YOU __________________

PS So far

1. I would love the forum to be purely for NO mention of 'cheating'

2. Motivational stories of how people got through a day staying on plan...

3. "Found it hard cooking kids dinner" is alright but "Kids had X then Y and I ate a bit of thier Z" is unacceptable.

motivational stories to help,

I think...so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back