People who post on the CD 100% forum. Please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this going to be meant for people who SS 100% or do any of the CD plans 100%?

Yes...any of the plans, which is why foods on the plans can be discussed.

Current rules for this forum as above and agreed by other CDers in the past after previous threads concerning this

Cambridge Diet 100% Forum! The Cambridge Diet 100% Forum is for those following any of the Cambridge plans 100% - this includes SS+, 810 and upwards. No cheats, blips or non-legal food talk is allowed in this section. Any posts containing talk of cheats, blips or non legal food will be moved.

Sorry KD being a pain but can i clarify....

Are we are allowed to discuss food? Thing is... If I am going to wrote about a fab day i have whilst going out for the evening BBQ, whilst avoiding the goodies... I am prioud of that and think others will be motivated....

for instance in a post i made yesterday on the other forum.... " I sat in the cinema whilst all those around me were eating popcorn, nachos, and sweeties...." The thing is it was hard because they were eating 'those' things.... not just because they were eating!
As said before we all know what food is and the word popcorn won't send someone in a frenzy to eat it! But knowing that someone out their has resisted it even though it was literally all around, might help someone to realise they can do it to!

So for isntance saying....

"I went to the cinema and there was all this lovely popcorn, and I was soo tempted, the smell was lovely...." IS NOT acceptable!
BUT
"I went to the cinema, I was surrounded by people eating popcorn, and I am so proud of myself for resisting, as this is tough for me!" Maybe should be accetable??

Sorry i know i waffle but do struggle to use 10 words where 100 will do :)

x

Tilly this was the point i was trying to get clarified. I would have thought any mention of food would send the SS's nuts. I think we have to post on the normal CD board but i a sure someone more au fait with the rules will come along and tell us.

Are we are allowed to discuss food?

The rules as they stand are only foods on the plans can be mentioned, but I realise this can be difficult.

Sometimes just mentioning a food can trigger. Hey..I belong to a forum where not only can't you post about any food, but not allowed to mention your weight, what you've lost/gained or anything. Yeah...long story :D

So..on a tangent myself :eek:

I can see a problem with a total ban of "no off plan food" being mentioned, which is one of the things I was hoping could be clarified myself by asking what people want from this forum

"I went to the cinema and there was all this lovely popcorn, and I was soo tempted, the smell was lovely...." IS NOT acceptable!
BUT
"I went to the cinema, I was surrounded by people eating popcorn, and I am so proud of myself for resisting, as this is tough for me!" Maybe should be accetable??

At the mo, both would be off the rules, but I can really see a case for this if others agree.

But how to explain that within the rules at the top of the post. That would now be an issue.

We do need to make those guidelines absolutely clear so that there are no blurred edges...otherwise it all falls apart (as it has done)

Sorry KD being a pain but can i clarify....

Are we are allowed to discuss food? Thing is... If I am going to wrote about a fab day i have whilst going out for the evening BBQ, whilst avoiding the goodies... I am prioud of that and think others will be motivated....

for instance in a post i made yesterday on the other forum.... " I sat in the cinema whilst all those around me were eating popcorn, nachos, and sweeties...." The thing is it was hard because they were eating 'those' things.... not just because they were eating!
As said before we all know what food is and the word popcorn won't send someone in a frenzy to eat it! But knowing that someone out their has resisted it even though it was literally all around, might help someone to realise they can do it to!

So for isntance saying....

BUT

Sorry i know i waffle but do struggle to use 10 words where 100 will do :)

x
ecaxtly this is what ive been trying to find out from what i can tell no mention is allowed at all xxx

Tilly this was the point i was trying to get clarified. I would have thought any mention of food would send the SS's nuts.

There has never been a no food mention ban on this forum. SSers who want that, can go to the Strictly SS forum.

At the mo it's no food mentioned off plan...but this could change if people want (see above)

kd could we not continue with these mentions of how well we have done but have a bit in threads title saying food mentions xxx
hopefully this would keep people happy but still no mention of cheats, cos this is for 100% xxx
many thanks xxx

Sorry to barge in here, I don't normally post on this forum as I'm a little bit of a devil where CD is concerned!
Just throwing an idea into the mix here but what would everyone think about having a food dump on the other site? Basically you can go on there and say things about being tempted by the popcorn at the cinema or that you 'cheated' with a bit of chicken (not really a cheat but it can feel like that to some). Have a thread purely to say what you want to get off your chest about food and the only people who can read it is other people who post their dumps on there or someone like me who's a bit of a sadist and likes to torture themselves with the idea of food!:D:D:D
What do you think?

If i refer to my day and was out having lunch or whatever, I would say I stayed on plan and had an 810lunch. I don't go into detail of what i had, how much I enjoyed it but i have said that I was pleased that I stuck with my plan when I was surrounded by everything I used to eat. This way I'm still supporting all plans and its great to read posts from all plans and find real inspiration from everyone at their different stages.

We are surrounded by food all the time and so yes it's fab to come on the 100% when you feel you'd like to get away from it. I have surrounded myself with others when they are eating because i felt the earlier i did this the easier it would get. It's really worked for me.

kd could we not continue with these mentions of how well we have done but have a bit in threads title saying food mentions xxx
hopefully this would keep people happy but still no mention of cheats, cos this is for 100% xxx
many thanks xxx

Good one :clap:

So off plan food can be mentioned, but in the context of what others are eating (without too much explanation!) and how it was avoided.

Along with Food mentioned in subject heading. Is that what you mean?

cos this is for 100% xxx

Yep..but just to clarify. This forum is for 100% motivational messages, not necessarily 100% dieters.

Kellymundy. I think that is a BRILLIANT BRILLIANT idea you clever thing. xxx Ooh what does KD think I wonder? x

S
Just throwing an idea into the mix here but what would everyone think about having a food dump on the other site?

We have a few of these scattered around the boards for everyone to use. Think we have one on the CD main forum by Blue Grapefruit. We could have another...even on this forum.

That would work too I reckon :)

I do believe we might be getting somewhere now.

Fantastic :clap:

Good one :clap:

So off plan food can be mentioned, but in the context of what others are eating (without too much explanation!) and how it was avoided.

Along with Food mentioned in subject heading. Is that what you mean?

yes this is what i mean so in our little group thread butterflies next to the title would say food mention,:)

Yep..but just to clarify. This forum is for 100% motivational messages, not necessarily 100% dieters.

yes this is what i mean so in our little group thread butterflies next to the title would say food mention,:)

there was a point made in another thread about hitting the nail on tha head and an explanation of 100% posts and 100%people could this be put in the rules bit at the top because this is really helpful especially if your new , thanks again xxx:)

Oh thank god for that :) Battery is dying back soon

LOL. When this is over, I put my batteries back on to recharge ready for 2 months time when it all starts again ;)

This time must be different. We must always be clear about what this forum is for and how you folk can help to keep it that way.

Moderators are always around to move, delete and whatever, when it's pointed out.

It was never The Mods vs The Members. Just trying to find how you want this forum to be different, and how we can best serve that for the good of all :)

Funny how a non 100% CD'er can be helpful in some ways on this forum!;):D

Ah yes. Maybe because you are used to the main forum. Know it to be a friendly and supportive place and so don't feel threatened that you may be losing a place of support.

So perhaps (and some others) can see what this forum could be, without letting the fog get in the way :)

there was a point made in another thread about hitting the nail on tha head and an explanation of 100% posts and 100%people could this be put in the rules bit at the top

Yes. We should be able to do that, though the rules need to be as short as possible otherwise people don't read them.

Not that people read them now :D

Maybe I need to put them on a post to bump up ever now and again...just at random? Would that help?

Ah yes. Maybe because you are used to the main forum. Know it to be a friendly and supportive place and so don't feel threatened that you may be losing a place of support.

So perhaps (and some others) can see what this forum could be, without letting the fog get in the way :)
Or maybe I just can't help but have an opinion wherever I go KD!!!:p:p:p (you know I'm kidding...as always!:p:p:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back