People who post on the CD 100% forum. Please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. We should be able to do that, though the rules need to be as short as possible otherwise people don't read them.

Not that people read them now :D

Maybe I need to put them on a post to bump up ever now and again...just at random? Would that help?
deffinatly, because when joining i thought this group was for people who are doing cd 100% and its only that post that made me realise any different, cheers x

Or maybe I just can't help but have an opinion wherever I go KD!!!:p:p:p (you know I'm kidding...as always!:p:p:p)

Opinions? Opinions? Ahh, I never have those ;)

Good on you though Kelly, and very many thanks...and to all others on this thread of course!:)

How about renaming the forum itself to "Cambridge Diet 100% posts forum"?

And if newbies etc don't get the title and ask what that means, it's an opportunity to point them to a sticky explaining it...

How about renaming the forum itself to "Cambridge Diet 100% posts forum"?

And if newbies etc don't get the title and ask what that means, it's an opportunity to point them to a sticky explaining it...

that sounds really good, it would say it all, and people like me who are 100% on ss but not always posting 100% because of food mentions.
so would i still be able to say went to the zoo didnt touch the picnic just had my shake,
and if i want to say, been to the zoo didnt have an icecream had a black coffee, i would need to go to main cd,
is that right xx

Cambridge diets 100% post forum- that says everything, you're right. We can continue then to support one another through our highs and lows etc. It's not about being perfect it's about getting the support we need. I think that's a great idea. A heading like that could really work.

And KD ....... hopefully it won't all come around again in 2 months time LOL....let me know when it's coming and I'll go on holiday LOL.

that sounds really good, it would say it all, and people like me who are 100% on ss but not always posting 100% because of food mentions.
so would i still be able to say went to the zoo didnt touch the picnic just had my shake,
and if i want to say, been to the zoo didnt have an icecream had a black coffee, i would need to go to main cd,
is that right xx

Not sure if that's right or wrong - I suppose this is what KD is getting everyone's opinions for. :)

I always saw the main CD forum as being just that, the main forum for chat and support, and the 100% part was for a bit of refuge if I just wanted to get my head down and get a different kind of support without the distractions of the main bit. Posted in both depending on what I wanted to talk about and assumed others did the same.

I could therefore never understand why people would object so strongly to being asked to keep their cheat talk to the main bit, and it was only when I twigged that some people saw the 100% forum as a group that I understood why they felt so personally hurt at being asked to post their cheat elsewhere. They felt that they themselves were being asked to move rather than their post, which wasn't the case.

A bit like visiting a friend's house for dinner...if I mistakenly took my dinner to their bedroom to eat and my friend asked me to move to the dining room because that's the done thing, it's not the same as being chucked out of the entire house and I'm sure we'd still be friends if that makes sense :D

Last edited:
A bit like visiting a friend's house for dinner...if I mistakenly took my dinner to their bedroom to eat and my friend asked me to move to the dining room because that's the done thing, it's not the same as being chucked out of the entire house and I'm sure we'd still be friends if that makes sense :D[/QUOTE]
very well explained and can i also add you look sooo good, well done xxx:)

A bit like visiting a friend's house for dinner...if I mistakenly took my dinner to their bedroom to eat and my friend asked me to move to the dining room because that's the done thing, it's not the same as being chucked out of the entire house and I'm sure we'd still be friends if that makes sense :D

Perfect analogy. But what have I told you about this in the past :copon: I'm the analogy queen :D

Sorry...where's that report button gone?? ;)

LOL. Here
report.gif

Though don't press that one. Need the one bottom left :D

Oh...and I probably wont be able to respond to it immediately...cos I'm here on this thread (and looking at another thread that is making me want to go

Loon15.gif

Just bumping up once more to give people a chance to say how they would like this forum to be different to the main forum :)

Hopefully will gradually get things really sorted over the next few days as I wont be around so much tomorrow.

So how will this forum be different?

Caught up finally as been out all afternoon-see posts like "everyone else had icecream but I didn't" don't bother me, neither do "I so desperately want to eat pizza so please distract me"...if I am feeling particularly sensitive I will stick to the strictly SS forum.The posts that bother me are the ones where people either post what food they cheated with,OR basically ask for permission to eat ie "I've been invited to a wedding,BBQ,birthday,leaving do,housewarming,cleaning the floor party and I want to know what I can eat if I'm on SS?", or "Would it be really bad for me to eat carrots and bread on 810?", when we know full well they aren't on the menu for 810!That really annoys me!That sort of post should be on main forum not on here.I think it's good for others to read that you CAN resist certain foods.Not good to be tempted because other people validate cheating by saying you won't go out of ketosis etc.That's my opinion anyway.

see posts like "everyone else had icecream but I didn't" don't bother me, neither do "I so desperately want to eat pizza so please distract me"...

Fair enough. Everyone happy with that?

if I am feeling particularly sensitive I will stick to the strictly SS forum.
Good plan :clap:
The posts that bother me are the ones ....snip "Would it be really bad for me to eat carrots and bread on 810?", when we know full well they aren't on the menu for 810!That really annoys me!That sort of post should be on main forum not on here.

Agreed :)

Cheers :)

I'm kind of in two minds about this!

With what Tillyfloss said, I agree entirely. I didn't realise for weeks this forum was a non food mentioning one, because everyone was talking about it! I think this should be a seperate forum about sticking to CD 100%, people telling us their motivational stories and how they've stuck to the plan, letting us know their weigh ins etc. I think people seeing the results of people who purely stick to the CD book would be a great motivation, making people want to become part of the 100% forum themselves.

However.... Firstly, not mentioning food is unreasonable as there is food on the higher plans and SS+. So I suppose it should be more along the lines of, 'no talking about food that you aren't supposed to be eating'.

The other problem I have with this, is there might develop a sort of divide between the CD and CD 100% forum, which might be demotivating for those on the CD forum. And for those who spend a lot of time on the CD 100% forum, might feel embaressed or that they can't talk about their slip up because they aren't allowed, and I think sometimes you need someone telling you to stop, because if no-ones around to do so you might do it again.

Thirdly, if someone speaks all the time in the CD 100% forum, their friends are going to be HERE. If they have a slip up, they are going to want to talk to friends more than strangers, who can talk to them personally and remind them of their goals etc. If someone feels like when they've slipped up, they aren't welcome in the CD 100% forum, I don't see that being particularly helpful or supportive.

Fourthly, take my Independence Day group. I made this in the 100% forum because we all intended to stick to this 100%, and not slip up. But if someone does, I want them to feel like they can talk to the group as we've all got close. I doubt a lot of people who aren't on the ID challenge read the thread (could be wrong there, but I doubt it), so it's just us, and when it occasionally happens I feel we can be of more use to each other than people we don't talk to much on the CD forum.
What if you were to move it to the CD forum - well wouldn't that give the idea that it's somehow "OK" to cheat now, because we're in the "cheat forum"? And won't it suggest this challenge is no longer about people intending to stick to 100%? Because it is, and I want people to stick to it 100% - but I know we're all human and sometimes people have hurdles to overcome and need some support and have the odd slip up, but the main goal is to be 100%.

So... perhaps no-one is allowed to start threads in CD 100% saying "boo I've cheated" and all the gory details. But in group threads, I don't think it should be banned.

I appreciate it's a difficult one to work out KD, obviously it is best to go with what the majority want, but that's just what I think.

I like Kelly Mundy's idea.

I think this should be a seperate forum about sticking to CD 100%, people telling us their motivational stories and how they've stuck to the plan, letting us know their weigh ins etc. I think people seeing the results of people who purely stick to the CD book would be a great motivation, making people want to become part of the 100% forum themselves.

Yep. Very motivational. Though it wouldn't be about people becoming a part of the forum themselves. It's not a club, but just a place for 100% posts :)

However.... Firstly, not mentioning food is unreasonable as there is food on the higher plans and SS+.

Talk of food has never been banned on here, and we never intend to ban it.

The rules above indicate that foods on the plans can be discussed. No plans to change that :)

So I suppose it should be more along the lines of, 'no talking about food that you aren't supposed to be eating'.

That's how it is at the moment (even though people don't follow it ;))

More replies in a mo,

Okay Luci-De-Milo...was going to reply a bit more, but got a bit lost there :eek: Sorry.

The question is

So how will this forum be different?

Can you clarify your answer. How will it be different from the main forum?

KD I just wanted to say how happy I am to see that 100% is now called Cambridge Diet 100% Posts! I really believe this is a great step forward for everyone. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and reply to so many of us and for doing your best to make 100% be the best that it can be.

Soppy stuff over now :)
Off to look at the other changes that have been made now, it's looking really well laid out x

:grouphugg:

Last edited:
KD I just wanted to say how happy I am to see that 100% is now called Cambridge Diet 100% Posts! I really believe this is a great step forward for everyone. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and reply to so many of us and for doing your best to make 100% be the best that it can be.

No problem. Pleased that there have been so many positive posts on this thread.

Thankyou :thankyou:

Off to look at the other changes that have been made now,

None yet. I'll need a few days as busy with work stuff.

Nothing major..just some tweaks.

I'm now closing this thread.

Thankyou all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back