Peppermint essence oil???

lostpolarbear

Hi, I got so bored of the same 3 flavours of milkshakes every day so I have been putting a few drops (about half a teaspoon) of Peppermint flavouring (contails extract of peppermint and sunflower oil) into my chocolate milkshakes its so nice!! I just wanted to check if anyone knows if this will take me out of ketosis? I also wanna try the orange essence oil. xx

I know some put Peppermint in, but am not sure if its oil or essence!! Sorry hun, I'm no use.x

You should email Lipotrim direct and ask them to be sure

Someone else said today that they put a peppermint leaf in and blend it - I know thats okay but i wouldnt be sure about the oil.

Ant the orange oil will probably dump you out of ketosis cos of the citric acid.

I would imagine the oil wouldnt be recommended but they will say yeah or neigh

Yeah, i cant remember where i read on here that you can have peppermint extract and orange extract. But i have been using it and it hasnt done me any harm xx

The orange oil cant be used according to my Chemist. It will probably kick you out of ketosis (Ive tried already!). Im using fresh mint leaves in my choc shakes everyday. Fresher taste!!!
Im also using them in hot water instead of the peppermint tea bags......

Starting Weight - 14.1
Week One - 13.6 (-9)
Week Two - 13.0 (-6)

Did it kick you out of ketosis?

See i have been thinking reciently that there may be some connection. I used to use it every day. I did notice that my ketostix wasnt as dark as usual, just pale pink. But never linked it to the orrange extract. I have just stopped taking it to test my theory, will see if it makes a diff. For ages i thought i was dodgy ketostix

Think so! It used to be mid range pink for a while, but is only light pink now. So will see what happens. I haven't had a prob with weight loss though.

its worth a try lizzie ,if your are darker on the stix does it mean you are burning more cals xx
Nope...if it's darker, it means you need more water. You are aiming for a lovely pink colour....so you're doing perfect Lizzy. It will probably be dark in the morning, but as the day goes on and you consume more water it should turn pink.
x

mines at the darkest in the morning but lightens during the day is that right xx
Spot on. If its really dark it means you are dehydrated, but as the day goes on and you glug all the water then it turns a lovely pink colour. You are not looking for it to be too dark.....pink means you are in ketosis.x

Mines constantly pink with a purple hue periodically:D

oooh, it could be my water intake then. I do drink a lot more now than when i first started. Hmm, I have always been in ketosis when having the orange extract so it must be ok. And i had it with every shake a day for ages! Have just got bored of it now so thought i would experiment with the ketostix.

I'm sure the extract is ok....if my memory serves me correct...but the oil a no no.....one is allowed the other isn't, but if you've stayed in ketosis then that must be right.x

Ok well ive emailed LT directly and their reply was 'Risky. You might get away with it, but if you find you are hungry, it would be better to stop this addition.' I have not been any more hungry so I think I will continue to use it.

Back