Pepsi Belly?

Ceeps

I have heard or read somewhere that too much Pepsi (or any fizzy drink) can expand your stomach with all the gas that in it and make you feel hungry more often. Does anyone know if this is just an old wives tale or not. I drink about 3 cans of Pepsi Max a day :eek: so it might explain the large belly :eek:

I don't know but my belly is my best feature as it is quite flat in comparison to the rest of my body and i am a diet pepsi/coke addict easily drinking three cans a day and a 500ml bottle and even more on the weekend so it doesn't seem to have done me any harm lol!!!

I used to drink more than 3 litres of Diet pop a day. Its not good for you, full stop.
However, I drink 2 cans a day now instead and loads of water. My weight loss is still good and I dont bloat from pop.

I dont drink much pepsi but im a diet coke addict and its all i drink, i find sometimes it bloats me if i drink it too fast but more often that not its fine.

I dont think its good for you though, I should drink more water really

They had a section in a diet/food prog a while ago that took an elite athlete and "force fed them " fast food type things. One of them was diet coke. This runner had to drink 3 x 2litre bottles a day and actually put weight on! :eek: It was something to do with the additives. His blood results were skewed too!

I used to drink a lot of diet pepsi/coke especially with my dinner. I have switched to sparkling water for a couple of reasons - it's a heck of a lot cheaper and also there's no caffeine.
I'm not sure on the bloating but I feel better not drinking so much as coupled with the amount of coffee I drink and the fact that I don't sleep too well anyway, it wasn't helping me!
I'm with the others though, it's not good for you so is probably kept to a minimum.
As for it making you feel hungrier - I heard years ago that models survive on diet coke/pepsi to keep them from eating!

Back