Personal question (avoid if you're eating your dinner!)

xxlettyxx

Possibly TMI so apologies in advance, but..

.. I'm having trouble 'going'. It's only happening once or twice a week, and this may possibly explain why my weight doesn't seem to decrease during the week. Anyway, I bought some Senna last week and I've been taking them as per the instructions, but they've done absolutely nothing. I've upped my water this week to try to get things going but nada. I can't understand it because I eat branflakes most mornings and lots of fruit and veg. Gahh!

I don't ever suffer with this myself - but a friend swears by fruitjuice. I think you have to drink about half a carton and make sure the loo is free before you do so. Might be worth a try. Take care xxx.

Last edited:
I don't really want to go adding calories by drinking lots of fruit juice :( let me know how you get on 86alpzzyj. I don't feel uncomfortable or anything, just aware that it shouldn't be so infrequent!

I sometime have the same problem... however my solution is not one a GP would recommend... mug of black coffee and a fag!!! x

I never drink coffee so I think the caffine has a stimulating effect on my digestive system... the fag just makes the coffee taste nicer, lol!!!

I have this problem too and agree with Lindsey, a coffee really gets me going! (It also has the added benefit that Im more likely to poop at work where I am getting paid for my hard 'work' lol).
I am thinking of also trying some Ducolax which I have heard good things about.

lol.. if the GP recommend coffee and fags i think i'll scream ;)

If your GP recommends that I'd have them struck off if I was you, lol!!!

I just hope it's not like a nose piecing where if left long enough it closes up.. Lol.. Erm that's probably really weird to type eh, maybe I'm tired now hmmm night night peeps xx

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! Night night xxx

It depends how much you are eating really

Im eating 1000 cals a day and go no more than twice a week now
my body seems reluctant to get rid of anything
if you look at my weight loss by weight some days i will stay the same weight for 4 or 5 days thats due to not going to the toilet

Its quite funny really i picked up about 20 24 packs of Cushelle at asda for like £2 or £3 a pack when they made a mistake around 9 months ago and i think i still have 18 or 19 left
Ive saved a fortune in toilet roll

Girls - have you tried "breathing" it out. OK - now you've stopped laughing I'll tell you what to do. Sometimes you just need to relax so before you sit on the loo, lie down and massage your tummy in little circles gradually going round your tummy button clockwise - it has to be clockwise as that's the way your body works. Then while you're on the loo breathe in while raising your arms up and stretching your finges towards the ceiling. Bring your arms down slowling letting out the breath slowly as you go and bringing your elbows into your side and making fists. Repeat the exercise a couple of times and if muscle relaxation is the problem it should work like magic x

Can I just add that it's not too good to have waste material hanging around in our bodies so I would be inclined to up the calories if that were happening to me (personal choice). Another little trick is to vary the calories over several days to fool your body into getting the metabolism working. Eating fruit (which goes quickly through the body) after a meal will bloat as it creates a queue behind something like meat which will take considerably longer to go through. Try eating fruit at the beginning of the day to start things rumbling. I hope this has been helpful x

i'll PM you on monday for sure hun, like you i know its not healthy to be going so irregularly and hopefully i can pass on some useful information to you xx

Thanks, that'd be really helpful. Starting to feel a bit uncomfortable today

I have this problem too and agree with Lindsey, a coffee really gets me going! (It also has the added benefit that Im more likely to poop at work where I am getting paid for my hard 'work' lol).
I am thinking of also trying some Ducolax which I have heard good things about.

I don't drink coffee so not an option for me, but I might look into Ducolax.

Bet you can't keep a straight face but sure you'll see why I posted it

I've had a read and I think I might give it a try!

It depends how much you are eating really
Im eating 1000 cals a day and go no more than twice a week now
my body seems reluctant to get rid of anything
if you look at my weight loss by weight some days i will stay the same weight for 4 or 5 days thats due to not going to the toilet

Its quite funny really i picked up about 20 24 packs of Cushelle at asda for like £2 or £3 a pack when they made a mistake around 9 months ago and i think i still have 18 or 19 left
Ive saved a fortune in toilet roll

This is exactly what's happening with me. I go once or twice a week and my weight tends to stay the same all week, or even increases until I've 'been'! I'm getting really fed up with it.

Girls - have you tried "breathing" it out. OK - now you've stopped laughing I'll tell you what to do. Sometimes you just need to relax so before you sit on the loo, lie down and massage your tummy in little circles gradually going round your tummy button clockwise - it has to be clockwise as that's the way your body works. Then while you're on the loo breathe in while raising your arms up and stretching your finges towards the ceiling. Bring your arms down slowling letting out the breath slowly as you go and bringing your elbows into your side and making fists. Repeat the exercise a couple of times and if muscle relaxation is the problem it should work like magic x

Might try this, although not at work, people will think I'm crazy if I'm lying on the floor of the ladies rubbing my tummy!

If you don't have enough water in the stools they probably won't be soft so this could be the cause if you are not drinking enough x

Back