Pete's Recipe Book

Hey!

I have the recipe for the mousse but it says that I need to freeze for 2 hours.
Is this essential? Or can i just put them in the fridge?!

Thank yooou!

Do you mean the baileys mousse? From a mag? We make it loads it's much nicer not being frozen if that is what you mean. Sorry if I'm I completely off track tho. :)

Pete’s Salmon, Noodles with plum & hoisin sauce (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 pack of egg noodles (ff)
1 Pack of Co-op Plum & Hoisin stir-fry sauce (5.5syns per person)
1 Carrot, finely grated (s) (sff)
1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
2 Salmon fillets (ff)
S & P

Method

Season the salmon, heat up the frying pan & place the salmon, skin side down, allow to cook until you can see that the colour of the salmon has changed half way up the side, turn over & continue to cook until all the salmon has changed colour & cooked.(about 5mins per side)
In a wok, sprayed with frylight, cook the onion until soft, add the carrot, heat for a few mins, add the egg noodles, cook for 5 mins then add the sauce, mix well, cook until everything is cooked & hot.
Serve in a heated bowl, place the salmon on top, skin side up, remove skin & enjoy.

Salmon, Noodles & Plum & Hoisin sauce (Small).JPG

Pete’s Diet Coke Chicken & Rice (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Broccoli head, cut into florets (s) (sff)
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1tbsp Schwartz “perfect shake” Piri-Piri seasoning
6tbsp Passata (s) (sff)
100g Long grain rice (ff)
100g Chicken Cajuns (s) (ff)
330mL Diet Coke

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with frylight, sprinkle the Piri-Piri over the chicken, brown the chicken, then set aside.
Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet, keep warm until the chicken is cooked.
Pour the diet coke in a pan, put on a high heat, add the passata & Worcester sauce, stir continuously and allow to reduce until it thickens & goes sticky, add the chicken & continue to heat until the chicken is cooked & coated with the sauce.
Plate up with a bed of rice, add the broccoli & finely, the chicken, pouring any remaining sauce over the chicken, serve with a side salad.

Diet Coke Chicken & rice (Small).JPG

Egh1987.
You need to freeze it to make it firm, if you put it in the fridge, it will be runny so it's up to you!
Chocko1.
If you leave the chilli out, it will be milder, it's all adjustable, you can reduce the amount of spices as you like.It depends on your tastebuds!

Hi - Made the peanut curry last night. Used a teaspoon of chilli, instead of fresh and used medium curry powder instead of madras. It was lovely but maybe still a tad too hot for my partner and I, although my daughter had some and called us light weights!! :D Anyway, I'm definitely going to make it again but either only use half a teaspoon of chilli powder or half a tablespoon of medium curry powder, instead of a full tbsp. I know this will be a recipe I'll use over and over again, once I've adjusted it to suit our tastebuds. Thanks so much. x

Thanks for the advice with the mousse last week Pete. I actually didnt put it in the freezer and just put in the fridge instead and it was fine :)

Does anyone know the answer to the following by any chance?!
I find it hard to use up my healthy a...and was wondering if it was okay if instead of say 250ml milk or 2 babybels as a healthy extra, could i use up half the milk and then just have 1 babybel as my hea for the day or doesn't that work?

Thanks

Does anyone know the answer to the following by any chance?!
I find it hard to use up my healthy a...and was wondering if it was okay if instead of say 250ml milk or 2 babybels as a healthy extra, could i use up half the milk and then just have 1 babybel as my hea for the day or doesn't that work?

Thanks
Yes - that is okay to do :)

I have always split my hex's on EE as I like milk and cheese every day. It's never stopped me losing weight at all so I would x

Thank you!

How do you split yours charl_young? That may sound a silly question, but i mean is it half and half type of thing? Thanks

Yep! Just half, sometimes I have a piece of bread and an alpen bar also. If we make burgers I put a babybel light in the middle and have the rest as milk for teas and coffee in the day. :)

Pete’s Thai Green Chicken Curry (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

Zest of 1 lime (s) (sff)
Juice of 1 lime (s) (sff)
1medium onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1tsp sweetener (s) (sff)
1tbsp fish sauce (0.4syn per tbsp.)
2 Green chillies, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
100g Jasmine rice or Sainsbury’s Thai Fragrant Rice (ff)
200g chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces (s) (ff)
400ml tin of Blue Dragon Coconut Milk Light, use only 200mL (14.5 syns per tin/4=3.625 syn per person)
Sharwoods Thai green curry paste (2 syns per packet/2=1 syn per person)
Handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped

Method

Heat up a frying pan sprayed with frylight, add the curry paste, cook for 1 minute, add the chicken, mix well, cook for 3 mins then add the onion, chillies, fish sauce, lime zest, lime juice & season.
In a saucepan with the rice in, add 3 cupful’s of water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat slightly, cook until the water has been absorbed, drain & wash the rice under hot water to remove the starch, place the sieve back on the saucepan, cover & allow to steam for a few minutes until all liquid has been used.
Cook for a few minutes then add the coconut milk, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer, cook for 15 mins until the chicken is cooked, add ½ the coriander then leave to stand for 1 minute.
Plate up the rice in a warmed bowl & add the chicken. Sprinkle with remaining coriander leaves

Green Thai Curry (2013) (Small).JPG

hi pete .wont to do the lemon chicken again. but cannot fine it .i have looked on page 60 and 70 .hope you can help .thank you lorna .

Hi There.
Take a look on page 72, my fault, somehow I missed putting it on the recipe index!
Enjoy!
Pete

Hi Pete, what page is your madras recipe on please?

X

Try page 68, enjoy!
Pete

Just made diet coke chicken for first time & it was oh so delicious! Was tempted to lick the plate. Stir fried peppers, onion & tomatoes with chicken & had potato wedges with it & broccoli & cauliflower on side - yummy x

Pete’s Turkey Kebabs (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Tbsp. Dried sage
1 Tbsp. Paprika
1 Tbsp. Carrs sauce flour (3.5 syns/2= 1.75 syns per person)
250g Turkey mince (ff)
Bamboo Kebab sticks

Method

Soak kebab sticks in water for at least 30 mins to prevent them burning.
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well, scoop a portion with one hand & form into a kebab around a kebab stick.
You should make around 8-10 kebabs from these quantities, place on a flat tray & chill in a fridge for at least 30 mins before either cooking on a BBQ or under a hot grill, cook for 10-15 mins, turning from time to time until the meat is cooked to your liking.
Turkey Kebabs (Small).JPG

Just made a batch of the mushy pea curry and had some with SW chips!!
DELISH!!!!!!!!!
Just wondering - how long will the rest of it keep in the fridge?

Back