Pete's Recipe Book

Hi Pete,

Im new to this and wanted to say thank you for putting so many recipes up! There are many that look fantastic and have copied a few for inspiration!

Thanks again! :)

Hi Pete

We've just had your tuna, pasta and philadelphia bake, It was delicious and very easy.

I halved the pasta and sauce quantity as it was for two and I was worried that 75g of pasta wouldn't be enough ( the pasta packet said a serving was 75g) but it was plenty when served with the salad.

I'll definitely be cooking this again.

Thanks x

Pete’s Tandoori Chicken

Serves 2

Ingredients

450g Chicken pieces cut into 5cm chunks (ff)
100g fat-free natural yogurt
3Tbsp tomato puree (s)(sff)
2Tbsp Tandoori Masala Powder
1 cm ginger, peeled & grated
1tsp chilli powder (s)(sff)
1tsp sea salt
2tbsp lemon juice (ss)(sff)
*1 cup of rice, cooked as per the package (ff)
* Handful of frozen peas (ss)(ff)
* 1 level tbsp. reduced fat butter 4syns/2=2 syns
*1 onion (s)(sff)
* pineapple cubes (s)(sff)
* tomatoes (s)(sff)

Method

Place the cut chicken in a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, tomato puree, Tandoori powder, ginger, chilli powder, salt & lemon juice, mix together and coat the meat, leave to marinate for between 15 mins to 2 hours for best results.

Preheat the grill to max, line a baking dish with tin-foil, make up the skewers with the meat and lie across the dish, cook for 15-20 mins, or to your liking.

*If you want it with rice, onion & peas then cook the peas with 1tbsp reduced fat butter & add the chopped onion in a small pan, cook it for 20 mins, to be ready when the Tandoori is cooked.

Serve with a side salad.

TandooriChickenSmall.jpg

TandooriChicken-2Small.jpg

TandooriChicken-3Small.jpg

I also just wanted to say thank you so much for this thread, there are many things I want to try... mouth is watering lol

Thank you for taking the time:clap::happy096:

Pete’s Tandoori Chicken

Serves 2

Ingredients

450g Chicken pieces cut into 5cm chunks (ff)
100g fat-free natural yogurt
3Tbsp tomato puree (s)(sff)
2Tbsp Tandoori Masala Powder
1 cm ginger, peeled & grated
1tsp chilli powder (s)(sff)
1tsp sea salt
2tbsp lemon juice (ss)(sff)
*1 cup of rice, cooked as per the package (ff)
* Handful of frozen peas (ss)(ff)
* 1 level tbsp. reduced fat butter 4syns/2=2 syns
*1 onion (s)(sff)
* pineapple cubes (s)(sff)
* tomatoes (s)(sff)

Method

Place the cut chicken in a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, tomato puree, Tandoori powder, ginger, chilli powder, salt & lemon juice, mix together and coat the meat, leave to marinate for between 15 mins to 2 hours for best results.

Preheat the grill to max, line a baking dish with tin-foil, make up the skewers with the meat and lie across the dish, cook for 15-20 mins, or to your liking.

*If you want it with rice, onion & peas then cook the peas with 1tbsp reduced fat butter & add the chopped onion in a small pan, cook it for 20 mins, to be ready when the Tandoori is cooked.

Serve with a side salad.

TandooriChickenSmall.jpg

TandooriChicken-2Small.jpg

TandooriChicken-3Small.jpg
Pete, your recipes are fantastic! I had a cooking day yesterday and did your recipes for Spag Bol, Beef Stoganoff, Sausage & beans and Chicken Caccitorie. Went to the Pound shop and bought packets of 8 freezable dishes for packing all these scummy meals in. All I need now is a bigger freezer. Thank You so much!!!

Any ideas what to do with a 25Kg sack of Fufilli?

Idea 1

Fusilli and (left over)Bolognese sauce

FusilliSmall.jpg

Love those recipes
thank you for the sauce recipes I think that is what I miss most

Here is the 1st attempt at Shahi Murgh....................

Pete’s Shahi Murgh
(Chicken cooked in yogurt)
(Loosely based on the recipe in SW curry heaven)

Serves 2

Ingredients

450g skinless chicken breasts (ff)
125g fat free natural yogurt (ff)
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
1tsp Chinese 5 spice
½ tsp hot madras curry powder
5 cardamom seeds
1tbsp fennel seeds
1 cinnamon stick
1tbs cornflower mixed with 1tbsp of water (1.5 syns)
*100ml hot water
* 1tbsp Mango Chutney (1.5 syns)

Method

Season the chicken with salt & pepper & set aside.
Put the yogurt in a small glass dish and mix with the cornflower (to prevent the yogurt splitting), also set aside.
Spray a large frying pan with Fry Light & add the fennel seeds, cardamom seeds & cinnamon stick, cook on a high heat until the aroma can be smelt (about 2-3 mins) add the other spices, mix together & add the chicken and brown on both sides, reduce the heat to low and add the yogurt, mix well and simmer for 25 mins with a lid on the frying pan.
Remove the lid *and add the water a small amount at a time and mix it well only if the mixture is too dry and you want more liquid, cook for a further 5 mins until it thickens, turning the chicken to coat it all over.
Allow it to stand with the heat off for 5 mins before serving .
Remove the cinnamon stick before eating.

Have it with rice (ff) and a side salad (s)sff).
* If you like a sweeter taste add the chutney.

(In the first picture you will see that the yogurt appears a bit dark, that was because in the first attempt I added the spices to it but it made the taste very bitter)

ShahiMurgh-1Small.jpg

ShahiMurgh-2Small.jpg

ShahiMurgh-3Small.jpg

ShahiMurgh-4Small.jpg

ShahiMurgh-5Small.jpg

Hi pete

I am a new member just found your thread must say these recipies sound lovely and i definately will be trying them

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Pete, just to say your recipes are brilliant and ill be trying them out. I'm just not too sure which to start with :D
Thanks again for the recipes and pictures!!

A picture says a thousand words!

Pete’s Slow Cooker Beef & Mushrooms

Serves 2

Ingredients

225g stewing steak (ff) cut into small pieces
125g button mushrooms (s)(sff)
1 onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 sweet pepper (s)(sff)
Knorr “herbs” stockpot
300mL beef stock
2 tbsp tomato puree (s)(sff)
100mL Passata (s)(sff)
200mL Low fat yogurt (ff)
1 tsp of cornflower (1syn)
1tbsp water
1 cup of frozen peas (ss)(ff)

Method

Fry the onion & sweet pepper in a large frying pan, sprayed with Fry Light, until soft.
Add chopped beef and cook until brown, add “herbs” stockpot and mix, season with salt & pepper, cook for 10 mins.
Add chopped button mushrooms and mix with the beef, add the stock, passata & tomato puree. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 mins before adding to a slow cooker that has been heated up, leave on “high”, when boiling, reduce to “auto” or “low” for at least 2-3hrs.
Mix 1tsp of cornflower with 1tbsp of water and then add to the yogurt (to prevent the yogurt splitting) turn the heat off and 5 mins before serving, add peas & the yogurt, mix well and serve with mashed potato.

BeefMushroominYogurtSmall.jpg

BeefMushroominYogurt-2Small.jpg

Pete’s Pancakes

Makes 10 pancakes=3.5 syns each

Ingredients

120g Plain Flour
2 Eggs (ff)
300mL skimmed milk
Fry Light

* Add-ons
*Lemon juice
* Nutella 1tbsp=4.0 syn
*Honey 1tbsp=2.5 syn
*maple syrup 1tbsp=2.5 syn
*Sweetener 1tsp=2.0 syn

Method

Sift the flour from a height into a bowl, allowing the air to get in.
Make a well in the middle and break the eggs into it.
Begin whisking the eggs into the flour.
Gradually add the milk, still whisking, until all the liquid has been added and you have formed a smooth batter.
Leave to stand for 15-30 mins.
Heat a frying pan over a high heat until hot.
While the pan is heating, measure 2 tbsp of batter into a ladle (note how full the ladle is to avoid having to re-measure for further pancakes).
Once the pan is hot, reduce heat to medium.
Spray pan with 2 spray of oil per pancake.
Add the pre measured batter mix to centre of pan, and tip from side to side to evenly coat the bottom.
Check when edges become loose (about 20 seconds) and the batter is cooked to the colour you want, turn the pancake over.
Cook the second side till done.
Remove from pan onto a plate and keep warm while you make the remaining pancakes.

Last edited:
bilsat said:
Pete's Pancakes

Makes 10 pancakes=3.5 syns each

Ingredients

120g Plain Flour
2 Eggs (ff)
300mL skimmed milk
Fry Light

* Add-ons
*Lemon juice
* Nutella 1tbsp=4.0 syn
*Honey 1tbsp=2.5 syn
*maple syrup 1tbsp=2.5 syn
*Sweetener 1tsp=2.0 syn

Method

Sift the flour from a height into a bowl, allowing the air to get in.
Make a well in the middle and break the eggs into it.
Begin whisking the eggs into the flour.
Gradually add the milk, still whisking, until all the liquid has been added and you have formed a smooth batter.
Leave to stand for 15-30 mins.
Heat a frying pan over a high heat until hot.
While the pan is heating, measure 2 tbsp of batter into a ladle (note how full the ladle is to avoid having to re-measure for further pancakes).
Once the pan is hot, reduce heat to medium.
Spray pan with 2 spray of oil per pancake.
Add the pre measured batter mix to centre of pan, and tip from side to side to evenly coat the bottom.
Check when edges become loose (about 20 seconds) and the batter is cooked to the colour you want, turn the pancake over.
Cook the second side till done.
Remove from pan onto a plate and keep warm while you make the remaining pancakes.

Is flour not a syn?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

djsmummy said:
Is flour not a syn?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Yup it is. 28g is 5 syns (plain flour)

Back