Pete's Recipe Book

In the new orange book it's 25g=4.5 syns!

I still enjoyed them, had another 5 today to use up the mix! Must add weight this week to get back on target, can't afford to stay outside it!.....................

That's cheating!

Pete’s Tomato & Sweet Pepper Soup

Serves 4

Ingredients

½ litre of vegetable stock made with veg. stock cube
1 onion (s) (sff)
1 Sweet pointed pepper, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 celery, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 carrot, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb” stockpot
1tbsp sweetener
2 garlic cloves (sff)
410g Tin of chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
Splash of Worcester sauce

Method

Fry the onions, garlic & pepper in a large pot sprayed with Fry Light until soft, add the celery, carrot, and cook for 5 mins add the Knorr “herb” stockpot, mix together.

Make up the veg. stock.

Add the tomatoes, sweetener & Worcester Sauce, mix, add the stock bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins, remove from the heat and using a hand blender, reduce to a “lumpy” mix, (or smooth if you prefer) return to the heat and cook for a further 10 mins.

TomatoSweetPepperSoupSmall.jpg

Pete’s Fusilli in Ragu Sauce

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Knorr “herb” stockpot
2 large onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
3 garlic cloves (sff)
1tbsp dried oregano
1tbsp dried basil
410g tin of chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
100g Sainsbury’s British spiced beef (7syn/2=3.5 syns per person)
150g Fusilli pasta (ff)
250g passata (s) (sff)
2tbsp tomato purees (s) (sff)
1tsp sweetener
Seasoning

Method

In a large pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion & garlic until soft.
Add the meat, tomatoes, passata, sweetener and the herbs, mix well. Place the stockpot on top of the mixture and allow infuse. Simmer for 20 mins.
Cook the Fusilli in boiling water for 8-10mins until “al dente”, drain & save the liquid, add the fusilli to the sauce, season, mix well, cook for a further 10 mins, (if the sauce is too dry add the saved liquid) .Serve with a side salad.

FusilliRaguSmall.jpg

Pete’s One Person Omelette

Serves 1

Ingredients

1 Egg (ff)
4-5 medium size mushrooms (s) (sff), sliced into 5mm pieces
1 Tomato (s) (sff), sliced in half
1tbsp herbs of our choice

Method

Slice the mushrooms, enough to cover the frying pan, (they will shrink when cooked).
Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and add the mushrooms, cook for 5 mins until they reduce in size, add the cut tomato, cook for a further few minutes until the tomato is cooked.
Whisk the egg, add seasoning and pour over the mixture in the pan, add the herbs, cover with a lid and cook until the egg has set, serve while hot.

MushroomOmeletteSmall.jpg

Last edited:
wow!

pete, it must take you ages to take all of these photos, type out the recipe and upload all of your gorgeous food on here!!!! just wanted to say a massive thank you!!!

im going to try the baked egg custards this evening.

:)

Enjoy!
I usually make them every week.

bilsat said:
That's cheating!

Pete’s Tomato & Sweet Pepper Soup

Serves 4

Ingredients

½ litre of vegetable stock made with veg. stock cube
1 onion (s) (sff)
1 Sweet pointed pepper, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 celery, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 carrot, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb” stockpot
1tbsp sweetener
2 garlic cloves (sff)
410g Tin of chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
Splash of Worcester sauce

Method

Fry the onions, garlic & pepper in a large pot sprayed with Fry Light until soft, add the celery, carrot, and cook for 5 mins add the Knorr “herb” stockpot, mix together.

Make up the veg. stock.

Add the tomatoes, sweetener & Worcester Sauce, mix, add the stock bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins, remove from the heat and using a hand blender, reduce to a “lumpy” mix, (or smooth if you prefer) return to the heat and cook for a further 10 mins.

Mmmmm this sounds lovely :)

Pete can i just say "you the man" this is the best recipe thread ever, we've got a full house next Friday and saturday and now its gong to be a lot easier to cook with all these ideas

Pete’s Paella-2

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 long sweet pepper, finely sliced
(s) (sff)
1 lemon (ss) (sff)
2tsp turmeric
4 garlic, chopped (sff)
16 slices Sainsbury’s spicy & succulent chorizo slices (38 pack)(16/4= 2 syns) (1/2 syn each slice) chopped finely (ff)
150g button mushrooms, cut in half (s) (sff)
250g Pre-cooked chicken chunks (ff)
300g/1.5 cups of paella rice (ff)
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
500mL chicken stock
* Add sea food if required

Method

Cook the onions, garlic, chorizo sausage, & pepper in a large flat pan sprayed with Fry Light for 5 mins.
Add the pre-cooked chicken, * seafood, mushrooms, tomatoes, turmeric & stock, bring to the boil, add the rice and the zest of the lemon, cut the lemon and add the juice, stir to mix then DO NOT STIR AGAIN
Simmer until the rice is cooked and the stock has reduced to below the surface of the cooked ingredients, remove from the heat add cover for 5-10 mins. Serve with a side salad.

Paella-4Small.jpg

Paella-5Small.jpg

Paella-6Small.jpg

Paella-7Small.jpg

Im so trying some of these out soon

Wow, all so delish! And it just goes to show what you can do with a tight budget. Well done and thank you x

They are so moorish! don't eat them all at once.
Pete

Amazing! So glad I came across this thread, I find slimming world can become boing ... or a least I did until now :D Thanks Pete, my mouths watering already! xx

leah717 said:
just realised I don't have any Belgian chocolate options :(

choices instead are:
~white choc
~ choc orange
~ mint choc

what do you think would be best???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not that I am any kind of kitchen genius like Pete, if I had to choose out of your options I would choose the choc orange! Like a Terry's chocolate Orange Ferrero Rocher ... heaven! :D xx

Back