Pete's Recipe Book

Gemma6902 said:
Not that I am any kind of kitchen genius like Pete, if I had to choose out of your options I would choose the choc orange! Like a Terry's chocolate Orange Ferrero Rocher ... heaven! :D xx

Awww that sounds fab Will defo have to try this version x

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Gemma6902 said:
Not that I am any kind of kitchen genius like Pete, if I had to choose out of your options I would choose the choc orange! Like a Terry's chocolate Orange Ferrero Rocher ... heaven! :D xx

that's what I went with! they're really yum, had 3 and had to put them away before I ate anymore. got 19 out of my mix so 1 syn each.

the nicest way I've had scan bran so far, thanks pete :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My favourite would be the mint if I had to choose, glad you enjoyed them!

Pete
I cooked your corned beef and pot pie yesterday and took it to work for dinner. It's was so simple but absolutely delicious! Lovely with broccoli and carrots. Roll on lunch time today so I can finish off the leftovers.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Pete, have looked on here and can't find your ferrero roche recipe - could you let me know what page its on, I must have missed it.

suespain said:
Pete, have looked on here and can't find your ferrero roche recipe - could you let me know what page its on, I must have missed it.

I only have multi grain ryvita and scan bran whats the recipie to work with these please

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi There.
I found it on page 4!
Pete

Pete, you are brilliant! I've tried a few of the soups and the egg custards (which were amazing). Am going to give the sausage rolls a whirl this week. You have managed to convice my OH that eating healthily is not boring, infact he's already given me a list of other recipes to try. Thank you :)

Slide over to the dark side! You know you want to:something so wrong (eating loads) is so right.

Come in champagnesupernova. We will have you eating fakeaway kebab before you know it. .... (maniacal laughter whilst stroking white cat)

I love how you've 333 posts (halfway to hell!)... Oh God im soooo tempted, but gonna wait until my weight stalls until i try SW. I think the tandoori chicken may be free on weight watchers Simply Filling tho'... I WILL be making this!

Thanks for sharing all these recipes , I made your tomato soup today but added a little chilli.............stunning

Will be working my way through a few more!

Faggots,Peas & Mash....................

Serves 2

8 syns each person!

Ingredients

4 "Brains" faggots 16/2=8syns per person
6 medium potatoes (ff)
Tin of Mushy Peas (s)(sff)
90g low fat cheddar, grated (1 Hea per person)
Dill

Method

Cook faggots as per package instructions.
Boil the potato and mash when cooked, add cheese and mix well sprinkle with dill, set aside.
Heat the mushy peas and when the faggots are cooked serve with the potatoes,side salad, enjoy!
(sod the syns for once!)

FaggotsPeasMashSmall.jpg

Pete’s one person’s Lunch (cold)

Ingredients

150g Sainsbury’s extra lean escalope’s (beef) (ff) sliced when cool
Iceberg lettuce (s) (sff)
1 Tomato (s) (sff) sliced
1 Cucumber (s) (sff) sliced
1 Chicory (s) (sff) sliced
1 hard boiled egg (ff) sliced
*extras
1tbsp Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” mayonnaise ½ syn
1tbsp Branston 1syn

Method

Hard boil the egg for 6 mins and allow to cool, Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light and cook the beef for 5 mins each side, remove and rest for 5 mins, then slice thinly, set aside.
Prepare your lettuce, tomato, cucumber & chicory on a plate, add the meat & egg.
Add * extra’s if required
When cold wrap in Clingfilm or an airtight box.

BeesSalad-3Small.jpg

Pete’s one person’s Lunch -2

Ingredients

150g Sainsbury’s extra lean escalope’s (beef) (ff) sliced when cool
Iceberg lettuce (s) (sff)
1 Tomato (s) (sff) sliced
1 Cucumber (s) (sff) sliced
1 Chicory (s) (sff) sliced
2 hard boiled egg (ff) sliced
3-4 Cooked salad potatoes (ff)
45g low fat cheddar cheese (1Hea)

*extras
1tbsp Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” mayonnaise ½ syn
1tbsp Branston 1syn

Method

Hard boil the egg for 6 mins and allow to cool, Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light and cook the beef for 5 mins each side, remove and rest for 5 mins, then slice thinly, set aside.
Prepare your lettuce, tomato, cucumber & chicory on a plate, add the meat , potato, cheese & egg.

Add * extra’s if required

BeefSalad-3Small.jpg

Pete's Chicken, Lemon & Honey Roast

Pete’s Chicken, Lemon & Honey Roast

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 lemon, use rind & juice (ss) (sff)
2 Chicken breasts (s) (ff)
2tbsp honey (2.5 syns per person)
2tbsp light soy sauce
2 sprigs of rosemary
4 garlic cloves (sff)
4 rashers of smoked bacon, with rind removed (ff)
Shake of Garlic salt

Method

In an ovenproof dish sprayed with Fry Light place 2 chicken breasts, each with a sprig of rosemary and then covered with 2 rashers of bacon with the rind removed, wrapped around each chicken. Stab small slits into each chicken.
Preheat the oven to 180c, make a marinade of lemon juice, honey & soy sauce in a small bowl, coat the chicken and then add the garlic cloves, sprinkle with garlic salt, slice the lemon into slices and lie across each chicken breast, cover in Clingfilm and refrigerate. Marinade for at least 2hrs.
Remove from the fridge, allow returning to room temperature, remove the Clingfilm and cook for 10 mins remove from the oven, re-coat the chicken & return to the oven, repeat after another 10 mins, continue until the chicken is golden in colour & cooked. (About 30 mins in total, depending on the size of the chicken)
Serve with a bowl of rice and a side salad.

ChickenLemonHoneyRoastSmall-1.jpg

ChickenLemonHoneyRoast-2Small.jpg

Back