Pete's Recipe Book

Hi Cruisedolly!
The trouble is that I like curries to be medium/hot s I would suggest that you start with 1/2 the amount of spices, you can add later if you want to make it hotter.

Ive just been looking on your thread for aggggges and cant find the forero rochet recipe! Ive seen some comments about it but not the recipe! How do you mix the scan bran and choc options together? X

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher-2

Syns 19 in total/24 made <1 Syn each

Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
3 tbsp. of nutella=12 Syn
1 Pack of Options (Belgium Chocolate)=2 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place the scan bran into a food blender and reduce to small pieces.

Place 3 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add up to 3tbsp of warm water as required to make a paste.
Add the scan bran and mix until the liquid has been totally absorbed.

Put a small dish with boiling water next to your work area and place the cake cases out.

Using a small spoon/grapefruit spoon, place first in hot water then scoop the mixture into a cake case, repeat this until all the mix has gone remembering to place the spoon into hot water each time.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. When cold remove from the fridge and roll in the contents of a packet of “options” Belgium chocolate! Rechill if required.

Enjoy and remember total syns are 19 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.
FerreroRocher-2Large.jpg

Thanks for all your great recipes will definately be giving them a go

Pete’s KFC Chicken Drumsticks

6 Chicken Drumsticks (ff)
1tsp mixed herbs
1tsp Knorr Aromat
4 slices of wholemeal bread
1/2 tsp Paprika
Pepper
3 eggs (ff)
Greaseproof paper to cover an oven tray

Place three slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf into the microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes, remove and allow to cool.

When breadcrumbs are cold place into a mini grinder with the herbs, paprika & Aromat and season with Pepper grind to a fine powder, place in a medium size plastic bag.

Prepare an oven tin by covering the inside with greaseproof paper.

Break the eggs into a small dish.

Set oven to 180c

Place the Chicken Drumsticks into a saucepan of water, bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for 5 mins, remove drumsticks and allow to cool.

When cool remove the skin, you should have a moist piece of Chicken.

Firstly dip the drumstick in the egg and then holding the bone of the drumstick, place into the bag, close the open end of the bag and holding it tightly, shake until the drumstick is covered with the breadcrumb mix. Remove and place on the baking tray, adding breadcrumbs where they are missing!
Cook for about 15-18 mins or until the drumsticks look nicely browned…

Hi Pete, want to make this recipe but a bit confused. The ingredients lists says 4 slices bread, but you only mention putting 3 in the microwave. Also, is this recipe for 2 people. many thanks.

I remember reading a tandoori kebab recipe on here but icant seem to find it ...any chance someone could repost or tell me what page its on??

neacy69 said:
I remember reading a tandoori kebab recipe on here but icant seem to find it ...any chance someone could repost or tell me what page its on??

It's in last months mag!! :)

Pete’s Tandoori Chicken

Serves 2

Ingredients

450g Chicken pieces cut into 5cm chunks (ff)
100g fat-free natural yogurt
3Tbsp tomato puree (s) (sff)
2Tbsp Tandoori Masala Powder
1 cm ginger, peeled & grated
1tsp chilli powder (s)(sff)
1tsp sea salt
2tbsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
*1 cup of rice, cooked as per the package (ff)
* Handful of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
* 1 level tbsp. reduced fat butter 4syns/2=2 syns
*1 onion (s) (sff)
* pineapple cubes (s)(sff)
* tomatoes (s)(sff)

Method

Place the cut chicken in a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, tomato puree, Tandoori powder, ginger, chilli powder, salt & lemon juice, mix together and coat the meat, leave to marinate for between 15 mins to 2 hours for best results.

Preheat the grill to max, line a baking dish with tin-foil, make up the skewers with the meat and lie across the dish, cook for 15-20 mins, or to your liking.

*If you want it with rice, onion & peas then cook the peas with 1tbsp reduced fat butter & add the chopped onion in a small pan, cook it for 20 mins, to be ready when the Tandoori is cooked.

Serve with a side salad.

TandooriChickenSmall.jpg

TandooriChicken-2Small.jpg

TandooriChicken-3Small.jpg

Pete’s Tandoori Lamb

Serves 2

Ingredients

260g (Sainsbury’s) New Zealand Lamb neck fillet cut into 5cm chunks (ff)
3Tbsp tomato puree (s)(sff)
2Tbsp Tandoori Masala
1tsp chilli powder
1tsp sea salt
2tbsp lemon juice (ss)(sff)
Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
* Handful of frozen peas (ss)(ff)

Method

Place the cut lamb in a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, tomato puree, Tandoori powder, ginger, chilli powder, salt & lemon juice, mix together and coat the meat, leave to marinate overnight for best results.

Preheat the grill to max, line a baking dish with tin-foil, make up the skewers with the meat and lay across the dish, cook for 15-20 mins, or to your liking. Sprinkle roughly chopped coriander if you like it!
*If you want it with rice & peas then cook it to be ready when the Tandoori is cooked.

Serve on a bed of rice & peas & a side salad.

TandooriLambSmall.jpg

TandorriLamb-2Small.jpg

Hi Cruisedolly.
Well spotted ! I have never noticed that before, it should be 4 slices!....sorry.
As for how many it depends how many you want to eat! Based on using 4 slices =2 Heb so if you made it for two people then thats (1Heb per person) (remembering that 2 slices from a 400g loaf of wholemeal bread are (1Heb)
Pete

Last edited:
Thanks Pete, your slow cooker beef curry is in the pot at the moment - smells delicious. I took your advice and only used half the cumin and didn't put any chili powder in as I didn't have any. Got some ice cream for my hubby for desert just in case, lol.

Pete’s Tandoori Chicken

Serves 2

Ingredients

450g Chicken pieces cut into 5cm chunks (ff)
3Tbsp tomato puree (s) (sff)
2Tbsp Tandoori Masala Powder
1tsp chilli powder (s)(sff)
1tsp sea salt
2tbsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
* Handful of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
* 1 level tbsp. reduced fat butter 4syns/2=2 syns
*1 onion (s) (sff)
* pineapple cubes (s)(sff)
* tomatoes (s)(sff)

Method

Place the cut chicken in a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, tomato puree, Tandoori powder, ginger, chilli powder, salt & lemon juice, mix together and coat the meat, leave to marinate for between 15 mins to 2 hours for best results.

Preheat the grill to max, line a baking dish with tin-foil, make up the skewers with the meat and lie across the dish, cook for 15-20 mins, or to your liking.

*If you want it with rice, onion & peas then cook the peas with 1tbsp reduced fat butter & add the chopped onion in a small pan, cook it for 20 mins, to be ready when the Tandoori is cooked.

Serve with a side salad.

TandooriChickenSmall.jpg

TandooriChicken-2Small.jpg

TandooriChicken-3Small.jpg

Stupid question but would there be any way to make this without using skewers??

You could coat the food then place on a tray covered with tinfoil under the grill and keep turning!

Hi Cruisedolly.
You can try any recipe with what ingredients you have, you might discover a better recipe, if it works tell all! If not only tell us!..................
Pete

Pete all i can say is keep posting new recipes!! the diet seems so much easier and fun since i have followed a few of your recipes!! my husband loves them too, our favourite so far is the paella! just working our way through them now!! thanks again!! :)

Starting weight 12st 5lbs

Target weight 10st 10lbs

Egg Fried Rice & Ham

Pete’s Egg Fried Rice & Ham

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced (sw) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & thinly sliced (s) (sff)
1tbsp Oyster Sauce (1 syn/2=1/2 syn each person)
1tbsp Light soy sauce
2 medium sized Eggs, lightly beaten (ff)
2 spring onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
120g/cup frozen peas (ss) (ff)
120g/cup of pre-cooked rice (ff)
100g----150g Pre-cooked meat sliced (ff)

Method

Heats a wok, sprayed with Fry Light, when hot, add the eggs, using chop sticks beat until scrambled, when cooked remove from the wok and set aside.
Wipe the wok out, spray again with Fry Light, reduce the heat to medium and cook the onions, pepper, chilli, pre-cooked meat & peas for a few minutes then set aside.
Spray the wok again with Fry Light, add the rice, the eggs, soy sauce & oyster sauce, season with salt & pepper & cook until hot.
Return the meat & veg to the wok, mix well and cook for 5 mins until cooked.
Serve with a side salad.

EggFriedRiceHamSmall.jpg

EggFriedRiceHam-2Small.jpg

EggFriedRiceHam-3Small.jpg

EggFriedRiceHam-4Small.jpg

EggFriedRiceHam-5Small.jpg

EggFriedRiceHam-6Small.jpg

EggFriedRiceHam-7Small.jpg

EggFriedRiceHam-8Small.jpg

Need help with this recipe

Pete’s KFC Chicken Drumsticks

6 Chicken Drumsticks (ff)
1tsp mixed herbs
1tsp Knorr Aromat
4 slices of wholemeal bread
1/2 tsp Paprika
Pepper
3 eggs (ff)
Greaseproof paper to cover an oven tray

Place three slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf into the microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes, remove and allow to cool.

When breadcrumbs are cold place into a mini grinder with the herbs, paprika & Aromat and season with Pepper grind to a fine powder, place in a medium size plastic bag.

Prepare an oven tin by covering the inside with greaseproof paper.

Break the eggs into a small dish.

Set oven to 180c

Place the Chicken Drumsticks into a saucepan of water, bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for 5 mins, remove drumsticks and allow to cool.

When cool remove the skin, you should have a moist piece of Chicken.

Firstly dip the drumstick in the egg and then holding the bone of the drumstick, place into the bag, close the open end of the bag and holding it tightly, shake until the drumstick is covered with the breadcrumb mix. Remove and place on the baking tray, adding breadcrumbs where they are missing!
Cook for about 15-18 mins or until the drumsticks look nicely browned…

I'm trying to make this recipe - but a bit stuck as to what to do with the bread when it comes out of the microwave. Do I blitz it in the food processor to make breadcrumbs? Also, it says to put the breadcrumbs and spices in a mini grinder. I have a small coffee grinder and a mini chopper, but there is too much bread to go in them. Will it work in a food processor? Sorry for all the questions - not very good at cooking from scratch, lol

Back