Pete's Recipe Book

Hi Cruisedolly.
You can convert your bread to breadcrumbs any way you want, I use a mini grinder/chopper as I have one, I do it in stages until they are all done!You don't have to put the spices through a grinder it's just as easy way to mix them with the breadcrumbs.If you are stuck put the spices & breadcrumbs in a plastic bag and holding the open end tight, shake! Good luck with them! You can also use a food processor if you have one...
Pete

Thanks pete, did them in the food processor. Was lovely, only problem is there was a lot of egg left - so omelett or quiche today, lol

How many did you make? If you only do a small amount then use less eggs they are only there to stick the breadcrumbs to the chicken, also eggs vary in size!
Remember that you can adjust the recipe to suit yourself, I find that I alter my recipes several times experimenting with them to see if it tastes better etc.
I retry several of my older recipes and follow my own instructions, only then do I find mistakes/or missing ingredients. As I have said before, These recipes are experimental!

(Just had an Egg Mcmuffin but used a wholemeal bap as a 1Heb for breakfast!)
Pete

Asian Pork Cakes with Noodles

Pete’s Asian Pork Cakes with Noodles

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 lime, juiced & zested (ss) (ff)
1tbsp sweetener
1 Carrot, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 tub of salad cress
2 spring onions, finely sliced(s) (sff)
2tbsp light soy sauce
2cm ginger, grated
4 Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland Sausages 0.5syn each
10cm of cucumber, finely sliced (s) (sff)
100g rice noodles (ff)
Sprinkle of garlic salt
Handful of coriander, chopped

Method

Cut each sausage and tip the meat into a dish, add the grated ginger, sliced spring onion, handful of chopped coriander, zest of the lime, a shake of the garlic salt & mix, wet your hands & form into “burger” size portions.

When ready to cook, place under the grill and cook until browned, turning over several times.

Cook the noodles as per the package instructions. Drain in a sieve & allow to chill.

In a glass salad bowl mix the lime juice, soy sauce & sweetener together then add the noodles, cucumber, carrot, salad cress & spring onion.

Serve with Thai sweet chilli sauce dip.

AsianPorkCakesSmall.jpg

AsianPorkCakes-2Small.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! All your recipes look delicious, I've jotted down a few to try next week. Thank you for sharing :)

Pete's Peanut Curry

Pete’s Peanut Curry

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Not suitable for people with nut allergies

Serves 2

Ingredients

150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
2cm piece of ginger, grated
200mL hot water
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
Handful of coriander

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the chicken until browned, remove and set aside.
Spray the frying pan again with fry Light, cook onion, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder & coriander, cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken, tomatoes & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Place the stockpot on top of the cooking food and allow to infuse.
Add the peanut butter and the 200mL of water mix well & cook on a medium heat until the chicken is hot, and the sauce has thickened, sprinkle the coriander over the food.
Serve with rice & side salad.
(Finish the meal with chilled melon)

PeanutCurrySmall.jpg

Made your butternut squash soup yesterday..yum!

Pork in Teriaki sauce with Mushrooms & Rice

Pete’s Pork in Teriyaki sauce with Mushrooms & Rice

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
3 Garlic cloves (sff)
120g/1 cup frozen peas (ss) (ff)
125g Mushrooms, sliced (s) (sff)
150g Rice (ff)
200g Casserole pork cut into small pieces (ff)
300mL skimmed milk
Garlic, Mushroom & cream sauce 4.5syns/4=1.125syns each person
Knorr “herb” stockpot

Teriyaki sauce

1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp apple vinegar
2tbsp water
2tbsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
Salt & Pepper
Make up the hot stock, bring to a boil, thicken & set aside.

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook onions & garlic until soft, add the sliced pork, cook for 5 mins, add the mushrooms & peas, mix together, add the herb stockpot and allow to infuse.
Mix the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small pan and heat, stirring until it thickens, remove and add to the mushrooms, cook until the sauce has been absorbed into the mushrooms.
Make up the mushroom sauce by tipping the powder into a small saucepan, mix milk until smooth, slowly add the remaining milk while stirring until it thickens, and add to the mushrooms. Cook for 10-12 mins until the rice is cooked.
Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, plate up.

PorkinTariyakisaucewithMushroomsRiceSmall.jpg

Hi Pete, just wanted to say loved your KFC drumsticks. Yesterday I used the breadcrumb mix to make scotch eggs, using 1 weighwatchers sausage for each egg. I cooked mine in my actifry. They were delicious and even my hubby (Mr Fussy Eater) loved them.

Pete- thanks sooooo much! I have printed out your recipes and I'm off shopping for ingredients tonight! Can't wait to get started! You are a gem x

Pete, your a genius, I think all who read through this thread will deffinately agree with me
Thanx again Pete

Sausage Cassoulet

Pete’s Sausage Cassoulet

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Garlic, finely chopped (sff)
1 Medium size leek, chopped into 2cm pieces (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb” stockpot
1 Red onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
4 Sainsbury’s “Be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausages, 0.5syns each
4 Rashers of smoked bacon, sliced thinly (ff)
4x5g Chorizo slices, sliced thinly 0.5 syns each
50g Couscous
400g Tin of chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
400g Tin of cannellini beans (s) (ff)
1tsp Thyme
1tsp Rosemary
1tsp Basil

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180c.
In an oven-proof casserole pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the garlic, bacon, chorizo & sausages & cook the sausages until browned on all sides, remove the sausages & set aside. Add the leeks & the herb stockpot, mix well.
Add the tomatoes, beans & herbs, & continue to cook for 10 mins.
Make up the couscous as per the packet instructions.
Add a layer of the couscous to the casserole dish, add the sausages, then part cover with the remaining couscous so that the sausage is still visible. Cook in the oven until the sausages are browned and the couscous has absorbed the juices and browned.

SausageCassoulet-2Small.jpg

SausageCassoulet-3Small.jpg

Instant Mash Pizza-5

Pete’s Instant Mash Pizza-5

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ tsp basil
½ tsp rosemary
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp garlic salt
½ red onion, sliced lengthways (s) (sff)
1 Egg (ff)
125g Sainsbury’s Instant Mash (ff) (250g pack)
Passata (s) (sff)
Toppings
45g Mozzarella 1Hea
30g Cheddar 1Hea
Or
45g Reduced fat Cheddar 1Hea
½ Red Onion, cut into rings (s) (sff)
8 Slices of Chorizo sausage (0.5 syns each) (ff)
Pineapple slices, juice drained (2.5syns per 100g) (s) (sff)
Mushrooms as required, sliced (s) (sff)

Method

Mix all the ingredients in a Pyrex bowl with hot water to form “bread dough”.

Heat a pancake pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the pizza mix, flatten out as thin as possible in the pan with a spatula, cook until the mix will freely move around the pan, remove from the heat, using a flat plate or tray lightly sprayed with Fry Light, place on top of the pan, turn over, spray the pan again & slide the pizza mix back into the pan, cook until it is free to move again.

Using a cooking mat or a wire rack slide the pizza mix on to it & allow to cool.

Heat the oven to 200c and heat up a pizza stone if you have one or use a cooking mat when the oven is hot, add your choice of toppings and cook for 20-30 mins or until the cheese is bubbling and the base cooked & crisp.

InstantMashPizza-5Small.jpg

InstantMashPizza-5-2Small.jpg

InstantMashPizza-5-3Small.jpg

InstantMashPizza-5-4Small.jpg

Pete’s Sausage Cassoulet

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Garlic, finely chopped (sff)
1 Medium size leek, chopped into 2cm pieces (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb” stockpot
1 Red onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
4 Sainsbury’s “Be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausages, 0.5syns each
4 Rashers of smoked bacon, sliced thinly (ff)
4x5g Chorizo slices, sliced thinly 0.5 syns each
50g Couscous
400g Tin of chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
400g Tin of cannellini beans (s) (ff)
1tsp Thyme
1tsp Rosemary
1tsp Basil

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180c.
In an oven-proof casserole pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the garlic, bacon, chorizo & sausages & cook the sausages until browned on all sides, remove the sausages & set aside. Add the leeks & the herb stockpot, mix well.
Add the tomatoes, beans & herbs, & continue to cook for 10 mins.
Make up the couscous as per the packet instructions.
Add a layer of the couscous to the casserole dish, add the sausages, then part cover with the remaining couscous so that the sausage is still visible. Cook in the oven until the sausages are browned and the couscous has absorbed the juices and browned.

SausageCassoulet-2Small.jpg

SausageCassoulet-3Small.jpg

pete does this go solid like a meatloaf when its cooked, it does look good
thanks

Back