Pete's Recipe Book

Hi Metrognome.
No the couscous just soaks up the liquid then gets roasted as a crust, under there the other ingredients are still liquid, and hot! very filling comfort food.............

Pete,

i love you, will you marry me?.....im gonna try all these recipes, making out my shopping list for the week, going shopping tonight and will start on these tomorrow. I cannot wait to try your soups and pizza and pies. These are things i really miss and havent been able to eat for quite some time now so im really glad you have adapted good recipes for them. x

Hi Pastergirl.
I asked the wife but she said I couldn't marry you or anyone else!
Pete

Pete’s Chicken, Lemon & Honey Roast

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 lemon, use rind & juice (ss) (sff)
2 Chicken breasts (s) (ff)
2tbsp honey (2.5 syns per person)
2tbsp light soy sauce
2 sprigs of rosemary
4 garlic cloves (sff)
4 rashers of smoked bacon, with rind removed (ff)
Shake of Garlic salt

Method

In an ovenproof dish sprayed with Fry Light place 2 chicken breasts, each with a sprig of rosemary and then covered with 2 rashers of bacon with the rind removed, wrapped around each chicken. Stab small slits into each chicken.
Preheat the oven to 180c, make a marinade of lemon juice, honey & soy sauce in a small bowl, coat the chicken and then add the garlic cloves, sprinkle with garlic salt, slice the lemon into slices and lie across each chicken breast, cover in Clingfilm and refrigerate. Marinade for at least 2hrs.
Remove from the fridge, allow returning to room temperature, remove the Clingfilm and cook for 10 mins remove from the oven, re-coat the chicken & return to the oven, repeat after another 10 mins, continue until the chicken is golden in colour & cooked. (About 30 mins in total, depending on the size of the chicken)
Serve with a bowl of rice and a side salad.

ChickenLemonHoneyRoastSmall-1.jpg

ChickenLemonHoneyRoast-2Small.jpg

This sounds divine, think we'll be having this next week :) And the instant mash pies, wonder how well they travel.

I Usually bring the slow cooker to the boil then turn down, the longer the better. If you pre-cook the sausages then you can eat it as soon as the ingredients are hot & cooked approx 30mins onwards!

Pete's Mustard-stuffed Chicken with Piri-Piri & Mushrooms

Pete’s Mustard-stuffed Chicken with Piri-Piri & Mushrooms

Serves 4

Ingredients

1tsp basil
1tsp rosemary
1tbsp multigrain mustard
1 lemon, juiced (ss) (sff)
4 Chicken breasts (s) (ff)
8 rashers of smoked bacon (ff)
30g cheddar, grated (1Hea)
45g Mozzarella, ripped into small pieces (1Hea)
Schultz Piri-Piri, mixed with lemon juice to produce a paste.

Mushrooms

125g button mushrooms, sliced (s) (sff)
1 onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 cup of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
1 Tsp “very lazy” garlic (sff)
1 Tsp “very lazy” ginger
1 Schultz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce (4.5 Syn/4 =< 2 Syn)
300mL skimmed milk (6 Syn/2=< 1.5 Syn) or 1Hea

Method

Preheat the oven to 180c.
Mix the cheeses, mustard & spices together, cut a slit in each chicken breast, add the mix then cover the chicken with 2 rashers of bacon each. Place in an oven-proof dish and cover with the Piri-Piri paste.
Wash your hands & utensils!
Cook for 20-25 mins until browned and fully cooked.
In the meantime prepare the sliced mushrooms, spray a pan with Fry Light and add the onion, garlic & ginger, cook for 5 mins add the mushrooms and cook for 5 mins, add the peas, make up the sauce as per the packet instructions, add to the mushrooms and mix until fully cooked and thickened.

MustardStuffedChickenSmall.jpg

Just made the chicken with egg fried rice (pg 16) and it was absolutley deeelish - much better than any Chinese I've ever had. Thanks pete x

Thanks for these Pete - your recipes look delicious, and you've given me some great ideas for dinners :)

I did the chicken and egg fried rice too - yummy, even better than takeaway and really quick and easy.
Keep these recipes coming Pete xxx

Pete's Curried Mince

Pete’s Curried Mince

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
½ pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tsp cumin
1tsp Coriander
1tsp Garam Masala
1tsp fenugreek powder
1tsp turmeric
1tsp madras curry powder
1tbsp sweetener
2cm stem ginger, grated
200g Passata (s) (sff)
200mL water
250g Beef Mince (ff)

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the mince until browned, remove & set aside.
Add more Fry Light and brown the onions, add the fenugreek powder & mix, add the ginger & pepper. Cook for 5 mins then add the mince. Add the spices except the garam masala.
Mix well and cook together for another 5 mins then add the passata & sweetener, reduce the heat and add the water, simmer until the sauce has reduced & thicken, add the garam masala 5 mins before serving.
Serve with rice.

CurriedMinceSmall.jpg

dextersmum said:
I did the chicken and egg fried rice too - yummy, even better than takeaway and really quick and easy.
Keep these recipes coming Pete xxx

I did this yesterday too (with pork instead of chicken). It was delicious! I had the leftovers for lunch today & it was even nicer cold!

Hi Pete, had the chicken with egg fried rice for tea tonight - delicious, much better than a takeaway - thanks very much.

suespain said:
Hi Pete, had the chicken with egg fried rice for tea tonight - delicious, much better than a takeaway - thanks very much.

Me too. It was delish. Used soy instead of oyster sauce so sys even lower. Steamed some broccoli and pakchoi to go with it.

Pete I have just made the mushy pea curry sauce and had it with sausage and chips, it was so so tasty, I really enjoyed it. Love your recipes Pete thanks so much x

Pete’s Beef Spaghetti Bolognese

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “Veg” stockpot
1tsp dried oregano
1tsp dried basil
1tsp sweetener
2 Garlic, finely chopped (sff)
2tbsp tomato puree (s) (sff)
150g button mushrooms (s) (sff)
250g Passata (s) (sff)
250g extra lean beef mince (ff)
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light; cook the garlic & onions until soft.
Add the beef mince, oregano & basil, cook until the meat is browned.
Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, Passata & puree, bring to the boll then reduce the heat to a simmer, then place the “Veg” stockpot on top of the mince and allow to “infuse”. Cook for 5 mins then mix well. Cook for 20 mins until the meat is cooked, serve with spaghetti.
Better when reheated after allowing to cool down.

clip_image001.jpg
Pete's Beef Spaghetti Bolognese (Small).JPG

Back