Pete's Recipe Book

I usually make mine in the morning ready to be reheated later, it does taste better when reheated I think! (I don't think it's too hot & spicy!)

IMG_1257 (Small).JPG

Same here!

Pete’s Spaghetti Carbonara (revisited)

Pete’s Spaghetti Carbonara (revisited)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1Tsp English mustard
3 Eggs (ff)
4 Slices of smoked bacon, chopped in to strips (ff)
6 “Laughing Cow” extra light cheese spread (1Hea)
8 Sainsbury’s” sweet & spicy” chorizo slices (2syn per person)
200g Spaghetti (ff)

Method

In a dry frying pan cook the bacon until crisp, remove and set aside.
In a pan full of boiling water, cook the spaghetti for 8-10 mins until “Al Dente”, drain and cover.
In the meantime, in a glass bowl, add the eggs, cheese slices, mustard and mix together.
Cook the chorizo sausage, when done add to the egg mix, with the cooked bacon and cooked spaghetti, return to the saucepan and mix well; cook until the eggs have set.

Spaghetti Carbonara.JPG

Tried the Peanut Curry
though I added a few peas and baby courgette
it was pure bliss Pete...
defo going to make your Carbonara
bit confused about the HEXA of laughing cow as it serves
two is it 3 laughing cow extra light to a hea ? I though it was
6 per hea

6 laughing cow extra light = 1 HEA, so there is a HEA in the dish, but 1/2 HEA per serving

bilsat said:
Pete’s Peanut Curry

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Not suitable for people with nut allergies

Serves 2

Ingredients

150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
2cm piece of ginger, grated
200mL hot water
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
Handful of coriander

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the chicken until browned, remove and set aside.
Spray the frying pan again with fry Light, cook onion, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder & coriander, cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken, tomatoes & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Place the stockpot on top of the cooking food and allow to infuse.
Add the peanut butter and the 200mL of water mix well & cook on a medium heat until the chicken is hot, and the sauce has thickened, sprinkle the coriander over the food.
Serve with rice & side salad.
(Finish the meal with chilled melon)

Bumping so I can find this recipe tonight! Yum! X

Pete’s Asparagus & Pea Risotto

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 Cup of frozen peas (s) (ff)
1tsp low salt butter (1.5syn)
100g Arborio rice (ff)
250g Asparagus, washed & trimmed (s) (sff)
Lemon juice (ss) (sff)
Knorr “veg” stockpot
Sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper

Method

Wash the asparagus and break each one by bending until it naturally snaps, peel the stems.
Boil a saucepan of salted water add the asparagus & reduce to a simmer , cook for 3-5 mins depending on the size of the asparagus, remove and plunge into a bowl of iced water, remove & dry, cut into small pieces, set aside. Keep 1Ltr of the cooking water, hot, for stock, add the stockpot, leave on a low heat.
In a deep saucepan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion & garlic for 5 mins, add the rice, add the lemon juice & mix, cook until coated, add hot stock 2 ladles at a time, stirring continuous, cook on a medium heat, repeat until the stock has almost been used up, add the peas & asparagus, finish the remaining stock.
Add the Parmesan cheese, a knob of butter & mix, cover for 2 mins & serve.

View attachment 49502

Oooh this sounds so much better than how I was going to have my asparagus... so glad I still hadn't decided between Red or EE day I know what I'm having now... thanks Pete, can't wait to try the chinese recipes

I had the peanut curry on sun Pete & it was gorgeous. Thanks a million for posting it.

As was the asparagus and pea risotto.... so so glad I made it

Pete’s Chilli Con Carni & Baked Potato

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Red Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Chilli, deseeded & chopped (s) (sff)
1 Carrot, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “Herb stockpot”
1 Sweet pepper, finely sliced & deseeded (s) (sff)
1tsp cumin
1tbsp hot paprika
1tbsp Sweetener
3 Garlic, finely chopped (sff)
200-225g Baking Potatoes x 4 (ff)
250g Lean Beef Mince (ff)
400mL stock made with a Knorr “dark beef stockpot”
400g Chopped Tomatoes (s) (sff)
400g Red Kidney Beans (s) (ff)
Salt & Pepper

Method

Prick the potatoes with a fork and cook in a microwave for 5 mins, remove, season and place in an oven-proof dish. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 15-20 mins until cooked & browned.
In a dry frying pan cook the mince until browned, add the onions, garlic, carrot, chilli, pepper, cumin & paprika cook for 10 mins add the “herb” stockpot & allow to infuse.

Add the tomatoes & sweetener, kidney beans & liquid, season with salt & pepper & the beef stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a medium simmer until the liquid has reduced & reduce to a low simmer for at least 20 mins. Better the longer you cook it.

Chilli Con Carni & Baked Potato (Small).JPG

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Red Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Chilli, deseeded & chopped (s) (sff)
1 Carrot, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “Herb stockpot”
1 Sweet pepper, finely sliced & deseeded (s) (sff)
1tsp cumin
1tbsp hot paprika
1tbsp Sweetener
3 Garlic, finely chopped (sff)
200-225g Baking Potatoes x 4 (ff)
250g Lean Beef Mince (ff)
400mL stock made with a Knorr “dark beef stockpot”
400g Chopped Tomatoes (s) (sff)
400g Red Kidney Beans (s) (ff)
Salt & Pepper

Method

Prick the potatoes with a fork and cook in a microwave for 5 mins, remove, season and place in an oven-proof dish. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 15-20 mins until cooked & browned.
In a dry frying pan cook the mince until browned, add the onions, garlic, carrot, chilli, pepper, cumin & paprika cook for 10 mins add the “herb” stockpot & allow to infuse.

Add the tomatoes & sweetener, kidney beans & liquid, season with salt & pepper & the beef stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a medium simmer until the liquid has reduced & reduce to a low simmer for at least 20 mins. Better the longer you cook it.

View attachment 57026

that chilli does look good

Pete's peanut curry is also great with a jacket potato.

Keep up the good work Pete! Looking forward to more recipes.

Pete’s Spicy Scotch Eggs

Pete’s Spicy Scotch Eggs

Makes 4

Ingredients

1 egg for dipping (ff)
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp English mustard powder
1 tbsp hot paprika
4 small eggs (ff)
4 Sainsbury’s “Be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausages (0.5 syn per sausage)
6 tbsp Couscous (ff)
Sprinkle of garlic salt

Method

Bring water to a boil with the eggs in; reduce the heat to a simmer for 6 mins. Remove and run under cold water until the eggs are cool, set aside.
De-skin the sausages and mix in a bowl with garlic salt, parsley, mustard, basil & paprika.
Lay out a piece of Clingfilm and place the meat on it, cover with a second piece of film and using a roller reduce to a thickness of about 4-5 mm.
Take the shells of the eggs, remove the top piece of film and roll one egg on the meat until it is covered, cut from the rest of the meat, wet your hands and roll the egg in your hand until it’s all covered & smooth, set aside until all are done.
In a bowl tip couscous and in another one egg beaten with a whisk. Take one scotch egg and dip into the egg mix, then the couscous then set to one side on a plate, when completed place all the eggs into the fridge for 30 mins to firm up.
Heat the oven to 180c and transfer the eggs to an oven-proof dish, cook for 25-30 mins until cooked & browned. Remove & allow to cool.

Scotch Eggs-2 (Small).JPG

Mmm just made the egg fried rice it's absolutely gorgeous, great directions too as I'm hopeless at cooking rice but it turned out edible.

I wasn't too sure about the sauce as I made it up so decided to try just a little of it with the rice at first, tasted it and then made the whole of the rice covered in the sauce....

Looking forward to trying more recipes ...

Back