Pete's Recipe Book

Made a huge pot of the potato and leek soup today :)

Pete’s Spicy Scotch Eggs

Makes 4

Ingredients

1 egg for dipping (ff)
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp English mustard powder
1 tbsp hot paprika
4 small eggs (ff)
4 Sainsbury’s “Be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausages (0.5 syn per sausage)
6 tbsp Couscous (ff)
Sprinkle of garlic salt

Method

Bring water to a boil with the eggs in; reduce the heat to a simmer for 6 mins. Remove and run under cold water until the eggs are cool, set aside.
De-skin the sausages and mix in a bowl with garlic salt, parsley, mustard, basil & paprika.
Lay out a piece of Clingfilm and place the meat on it, cover with a second piece of film and using a roller reduce to a thickness of about 4-5 mm.
Take the shells of the eggs, remove the top piece of film and roll one egg on the meat until it is covered, cut from the rest of the meat, wet your hands and roll the egg in your hand until it’s all covered & smooth, set aside until all are done.
In a bowl tip couscous and in another one egg beaten with a whisk. Take one scotch egg and dip into the egg mix, then the couscous then set to one side on a plate, when completed place all the eggs into the fridge for 30 mins to firm up.
Heat the oven to 180c and transfer the eggs to an oven-proof dish, cook for 25-30 mins until cooked & browned. Remove & allow to cool.

View attachment 57200

ooh going to try these but if i made them with turkey mince would that be syn free?

They should be! Let us know how you get on with a pic if possible.......

Hi they turned out fine really impressed, having cous cous means I have saved my healthy extra I can't post photos as yet as I'm still a newbie.
also I made the peanut curry and wow I can see why everybody is raving about it its gorgeous

Hi Pete

I'm new to this site and love your thread. I've already been out to get the ingredients for some of your recipes. I can't wait to try them

Hi Cldb.
Welcome to this forum & my thread, please enjoy the recipes as others have done, take pics and when you have 50 posts you can put them on the site.
Eating these I have lost over 6.5 stones in just over 1 year so they do work!
Good luck and if you have any questions , just ask........
Pete

I made your beef stroganoff for tea today. OMG it was amazing. Thankyou so much. I've now copied loads of your recipes to try. Well done on your loss and can't wait to see new recipes from you.lol.xx

Wow Pete what a great loss! I cooked your chilli and it went down well with the whole family. Gonna try and attempt the sauce for your tuna tagliatelle tomorrow but replace the tuna with salmon fillet. With all your recipes I can have a different meal each night without getting bored.

Thanks so much! It has taken me three days to get through this whole thread writing down the ones I want to try! Im so excited, going to do your beef curry tomorrow night! :)

Pete’s Stuffed Potatoes

Pete’s Stuffed Potatoes

Ingredients
Serves 4

1tsp of English mustard powder
4 Baking Potatoes (ff)
4 rashers of smoked bacon cut into small pieces (ff)
*8 slices chorizo sausage (0.5 syn per slice)
112g Philadelphia extra light cheese (1Heb on green) (3 syn per person)
Cajun mix
*Option
Method

Cook the bacon & *chorizo in a frying pan until crisp, remove and set aside.
Wash potatoes and dry, with a fork scrap the sides and prick them.
In (600w) Microwave 4 large potatoes for 10-15 mins, until soft, remove and cut into half. Allow to cool, scoop out most of the cooked potato, leaving a shell of potato and skin about 6-8 mm thick, Put on a baking tray.
Mix the removed potato, cheese, Cajun powder and add the bacon, mix well, return to the potato jackets. Bake for 20 minutes at 180c.

Serve with a fried egg and the beans.

Potato Jackets (Small).JPG

Spicy Mexican Tomato & Jalapenos Soup

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Red Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Carrot, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Celery stick, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1Tbsp Jalapeno chillies (s) (sff)
2Tbsp Sweetener
400mL Chopped Tomatoes (s) (sff)
500mL veg stock
Handful of fresh basil leaves, ripped
Salt & pepper

Method

In a deep saucepan, sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion until they are soft, add the celery, carrot & chillies, cook for 10 mins.
Add tomatoes, sweetener, stock & basil, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer for 10 mins, remove from the heat and using a hand blender, reduce to a smooth soup, return to the heat for a further 10 mins. Can be allowed to cool then reheated.

Spicy Mexican Soup (Small).JPGJalapenos (Small).JPG

Pete’s Pork with Raspberry Sauce

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 garlic clove, finely chopped (sff)
1 red onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tsp mustard powder
1tbsp tomato puree
Tbsp. sweetener
2tbsp sweetener
2tbsp red wine vinegar
4 pork lions (ff)
100g raspberries (ss) (sff) (1.5 syns when cooked)
Selection of seasonal veg (s) (sff)

Method

In a small saucepan, cook the garlic, onion, mustard, tomato puree, sweetener, red wine vinegar & raspberries, bring to a boil and reduce to ½ the quantity, add 100-150mL hot water and blend with a hand blender, simmer until meal is ready.
Prepare the veg & cook for 5-10 mins depending on what veg is used, drain & keep warm.
Cook the pork in an ovenproof dish sprayed with Fry Light at 180C for 10 mins, turn over and continue cooking until the pork is cooked. Plate up and pour the sauce over the veg & the pork.

Pork Dinner with Raspberry Sauce (Small).JPGRaspberry Sauce (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Pete’s Spanish Chicken Serves 4 Ingredients 1tbsp paprika 1tbsp sweetener 1tbsp tomat

Pete’s Spanish Chicken

Serves 4

Ingredients

1tbsp paprika
1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp tomato puree (s) (sff)
2 red peppers, sliced (s) (sff)
2 onions, finely sliced (s) (sff)
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
4 garlic, finely sliced (sff)
4 chicken breasts, de-skinned (s) (ff)
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (1Heb per person)
8 slices of Sainsbury’s spicy & succulent chorizo slices (1.0syn per person)
400g Borlotti Beans (s) (ff)
400g chopped tomatoes (s) sff)
Salt & pepper

Method

Heat a frying pan with the virgin olive oil in it, add the chorizo, onion & garlic, cook for 5 mins until the onion is soft & the chorizo juices have flavoured the oil.
Add the chicken & brown all over.
Add the peppers, tomatoes, sweetener, bay leaves & paprika, bring to a boil then reduce the heat, add the beans & tomato puree, cover & simmer for 20 mins or until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove the bay leaves before serving.

Spanish Chicken (Small).JPG

Peanut curry... OMG. Ive made curry loads of times, and I was a bit sceptical about adding the peanut butter as, much as I love PB, it seemed a waste of syns.

But NO! It's glorious! :)

Amazing stuff Pete!

best curry i have tried and i dont even like peanut butter

Wow mushy pea curry was fab! I was so sceptical but we all loved it! Curry rice n chips (slimming world chips) for tea! I'm loving slimming world. I've still got some of this curry left do you think I can freeze it?

Back