Pete's Recipe Book

can i check, when you make your scotch eggs, do you cook the couscous first?

Hi Kim_bee.
No I didn't I just tipped it in a bowl and rolled the scotch eggs in it after dipping in the egg first!
Enjoy.....
Pete

Hi Cldb.
I haven't tried freezing it but it should be ok, It never lasts long enough to have any left to freeze!
Pete

Hi Jezzi999.
Thanks for that! I had worked the syn value out on my scribbling pad but forgot to transfer to the Word file.....
I have edited it now!
(good job I have all you proof readers)
Pete

The mushy pea curry freezes really well. I tend to make a HUGE batch of it and freeze it in single portion bags, so I can pull out what I need. Only takes a few mins to defrost in the microwave.

Pete you are an inspiration:D

Loooooove this!!! Thanks so much pete!

thanks!!!! :)

Pete's recipes

Hi All.
Sorry about the loss of the pictures I had exceeded my allowance on photobucket so I had to take out a subscription to get them back! I have paid for the next two years so should be ok.........
I didn't fancy moving all 400+ of them!
Pete
Pete you are so generous sharing all of your recipes that is doesn't seem fair that you have to pay the subscription to keep all those pic! I honestly think that you should allow some of us to re-imburse you in some way?? I'm sure everyone here would agree ...

You're an inspiration to us all :thankyou:

Hi Moideux.
Thanks for the thought! With the upgraded site now I can update direct with text & pictures so I don't need to add anymore to photobucket.
Here is my latest recipe, made it for the first time today & just ate it as a pudding! feel free to alter......
Pete

Pete’s No Cook Cheese Cake

Serves 1

Ingredients

1 small tube of quark
1 tbsp. sweetener
1 tbsp. Philadelphia soft cheese/ Cadbury Chocolate flavour (2 syn)
2 Rich Tea biscuits (crushed up) (3 syn)

Method

In a small bowl, crush the biscuits and add water. Just enough to stick the biscuits together, on greaseproof paper place a cooking ring and fill with the biscuit, press down then place in the fridge to chill.
In another bowl add the Philadelphia and as much quark as required to fill the cooking ring, mix well, add sweetener to taste, remove base from fridge, add mixture, return to fridge to set.
When ready to serve remove from the fridge and using a kitchen blow torch or hot tea towel placed round the ring, heat up the ring and carefully remove it and serve with fresh fruits.

Cheese Cake (Small).JPGCheese Cake-2 (Small).JPGCheese Cake-3 (Small).JPG

Hi Pete, I am a regular follower and lurker on this thread and take inspiration from your conversion of recipes to SW friendly format. I would love to be able to add some more desserts to my repertoire. Any ideas?

I will kick off with my fave icecream which couldn't be easier. A handful of frozen fruit ( raspberries work really well) blitzed with fat free Greek yogurt and a few drops of sweetener if you want. This produces a wonderful whippy consistency. I use a stick blender ut a food processor would also do the job.

Hi Pete. I'm new to this website but last night i made your Yuk Sung for my family, but instead of pork i used turkey. It was deeelish! Deffinately gonna try your cheesecake soon! Just one question... for the sausage rolls, would you be able to use any type of mince? or would it have to be pork. just thinking of different flavours? :)

Perfect timing! Thanks for the cheesecake recipe. I presume you could also bake a fatless sponge instead of biscuit base? Might try with a couple of crushed ryvita and sweetener to see what the result is like.

I cannot explain how freakin excited i am about the scotch eggs i just made from your recipie!! Lol. Theyre in the oven now...used 8 nu u morrisons pork sausages at 1 syn each, made 6 scotch eggs so im reckoning about 1.5syns each if thay sounds right :) cant wait until theyre done, they look great :D

Subscribing to your Thread Pete, Coming off Green Plan and i'm Rusty concerning EE so your Recipes are a Huge help :D

Looking forward to trying some ;)

made the fish cakes last night - supper tasty thank you! x

Pete’s Tuna, Couscous & Roast Veg

Pete’s Tuna, Couscous & Roast Veg

Serves 2

Ingredients

2 Large Carrots, cut into3cm pieces (s) (sff)
2 Large Parsnips cut into 3cm pieces (ff)
2 large Onions, cut into quarters (s) (sff)
100g Couscous (ff)
150g (drained weight) Tuna in spring water (ff)
200ml Stock made with Veg stockpot & water
Chilli Flakes
Schwartz “Spicy season-all”
Salt & Pepper

Method

Spray an oven-proof tray with Fry Light and arrange the veg on the tray spray them with Fry Light and sprinkle with “Spicy season-all” spice. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180c and cook for 10 ins, remove and turn the veg over, spray again with Fry Light and return to the oven for a further 20 mins or until the veg is cooked.
In the meantime make the stock for the Couscous, Put the Couscous, a sprinkling of chilli flakes & salt & pepper, mix with stock, cover with Clingfilm and set to one side.
After about 10 mins open the Clingfilm and add the drained Tuna, mix well and leave to cool.
Serve with the roasted veg and the Couscous.

Tuna,Couscous & Veg (Small).JPG

Attachments

• Tuna,Couscous & Veg.jpg
    Tuna,Couscous & Veg.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 281
Your recipes are brilliant Pete, I am never stuck for things to make - I cannot WAIT to make your cheesecake!! Thank you!

bilsat said:
Pete's Pizza made from Instant Mash

(Tested on the wife)

Serves 4

Ingredients

½ pack of Sainsbury Instant Mash (250g)
½ TSP of Garlic Powder.

Method

Add three ripped leaves of Basil.
Mix together then add hot water until the mix is like bread doe.
Add 1 egg and mix.
Spray a 10" Pancake pan with 2-3 Fry Light shots.
Press the mix into the pan and press down as thin as is possible.
Cook one side for 3 mins then turn over and cook other side for 3 mins.
Allow to cool.

Put Passata in a pan enough to cover Pizza base, add 1 TSP Tomato Puree and a few drops of "Worcester Sauce", heat till thickened but DO NOT BOIL.

Coat the Pizza base with the Passata,
Add your choice of "Toppings"

Cook 1 Red Onion with Balsamic Vinegar until soft.
This was my choice of Toppings Onion, 40g Mozzarella balls, 2 slices of Lean Ham, sprinkle with 28g of Mild Hard Cheddar and place on Pre Heated Pizza Stone at 180/190 and cook until the cheese is bubbling.

Eat with Salad.

Sainsburys Ham Sainsburys
7 wafer thin breaded ham slices Cows Milk Mozzarella

Per 2 Slices Per 40g

Cal=36 Kcal=81.6
Fat=0.4g Fat=6.16g
Total Sugar=0.6g Sugar=0.5g
Salt=0.8g Salt=0.43g
Sat Fat=trace Sat Fat=4.0g

Sainsburys
Mild Hard Cheese

Per 28g

Kcal=110
Fat=9.1g
Total Sugar=0.2g
Salt=0.5g
Sat Fat=6.2g

---------------------------------------------------------------
Pete's Pizza from Instant Mash

Pineapple & Ham

Serves 4

Ingredients

Use 125g from a pack of Sainsbury Instant Mash (250g)
One Tsp of mixed herbs.
1 onion chopped lengthways (s)(sff)
6 Basil leaves

Method

Mix together then add hot water until the mix is like bread doe.
Add 1 egg and mix.

Spray a Flat Pan with 3-4 Fry Light shots, wipe across pan.
Press the mix into the pan and cover in Clingfilm, rolling out with a rolling pin as thin as possible, remove Clingfilm.

Cook one side until light brown then using a large dinner plate warmed up and slightly wetted, place on top of pizza base and turn over, add 2-3 Fry Lights then return the pizza base to the pan and cook other side 3-6 mins depends on thickness.
When cooked to the correct colour, leave on pan and add tomato base.

Put Passata in a pan enough to cover Pizza base, add 1 TSP Tomato Puree and a few drops of "Worcester Sauce", heat till thickened but DO NOT BOIL.
Coat the Pizza base with the Passata

Add One slice of Lean thin sliced ham, cut into small strips, also cover with small pineapple wedges and use 4 of your allowance of Extra Light Laughing Cow wedges broken up and spread around the pineapples.

If the base is stuck to the pan then reheat and you will find that it will be easier to slide to your oven stone.

Place on Pre Heated Pizza Stone at 180/190 and cook until the cheese is bubbling.

Eat with Salad.

If you want better cheese then use 45g of Mozzarella cheese balls and 25g of low fat Cheddar grated on. But it will increase the Syn value!

I was brave to try the smash-pizza tonight ( I had a backup pasta bake in the fridge incase it tasted awful) ...
but to my surprise, and my fiancé, it was very nice and we look forward to using this recipe again! And this is coming from a chef! Thanx

Back