Pete's Recipe Book

Hi Sammie88.
Thanks for the comment, If you look through the total recipes there is a later version of the pizza that I make using a small frying pan to pre-cook the base, allowed to cool then the topping put on and cooked on a pizza stone!

Mini Pizza-2 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-3 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-4 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-5 (Small).JPG

Thanx Pete
We will definately be experimenting with this one too! We had mushroom and mozzarella toppings last nite and there is so many different toppings and flavourings to play around with, I look forward to eating it again... I had a bit of left over dough so flavoured it with garlic and had a little bit of garlic pizza-bread while my pizzas were baking lol don't think I can post pictures yet cos I'm fairly new minimins but watch this space....

Going to make this tomorrow night maybe with some syn free garlic mushrooms and chips - pizza and chips doesn't sound like it should be diet food but its syn free yay

Thank you for your great recipes Im a big fan of curry so these are great
if possible can you do list of spices you have an use in most of your recipes
your spice rack is impressive!

When I have time I will try to list all the spices I have! The basic ones to have are corrianer, cumin, turmeric & madras curry powder.I also use a lot of garlic salt.
here is an old picture of some of the spices.....

Spice Rack (Small).JPG

Pete! Made your sweet and sour today...added ready cooked frozen chicken chunks into the mix and it was amazing!! <3 big hit with the family to, thanks man.x

Fab, fab, fab, can't wait to make the salmon fish cakes, the spagetti carbonara, mung bean pizza, mung bean wraps, oh boy I could just go on and on and on and on and on and on.............

Pete’s No Cook Cheese Cake-2

Pete’s No Cook Cheese Cake-2

Serves 4

(2.75 syn per portion)
Ingredients

1 tbsp. sweetener
1 tbsp. Philadelphia soft cheese/ Cadbury Chocolate flavour (2/4=0.5 syn per portion)
2tsp Oetker Gelatine granules (free)
6 Sainsbury’s “Basic” Rich Tea biscuits (crushed up) (9/4=2.25 syn per portion)
12cm loose base cake tin
165g Muller Light fat free yogurt “Mint sprinkled with Dark Chocolate” (ff)

Method

In a small food processor, whisk the biscuits until they resemble bread crumbs, then place in a bowl, add just enough hot water to mix together, Place in the cake tin and press down until level, then place in the fridge to chill.
Place 2tbsp of hot water into a Pyrex dish and add 2tsp of gelatine mix together, if it is getting cold then place in a saucepan with hot water on a low heat, continue until all the gelatine has melted.
In another bowl mix the Philadelphia, Muller Light & sweetener add the hot gelatine & mix until smooth, tip into the baking ring and place back into the fridge until set.
Cheesecake-4 (Small).JPGCheesecake-5 (Small).JPGCheesecake-6 (Small).JPG

Hi Pete, made your peanut curry twice now and keep getting asked by the OH to make it! It's flipping gorgeous! Will have a trawl through your other recipes and get cooking :) thank you x

Pete’s Roast Potato, Chicken, Bacon Salad

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Iceberg Lettuce, cut into small pieces (s) (sff)
2 Chicken breasts (s) (ff)
2 Eggs, hard boiled (ff)
4 Rashers of smoky bacon, all fat removed (ff)
4 Tomatoes (s) (sff)
10 Small Potatoes, cut in 4 (ff)

Method

Cook the chicken until browned, turn over & cook the other side, when done cut into strips.
Boil the potato for 5 mins, drain and tip on to an oven-proof tray sprayed with Fry Light, sprinkle with your choice of seasoning, and add tomatoes, cut in half, cook for 30 mins at 180c until crisp.
Grill the bacon, when cooked, cut into large pieces, set aside.
Cook the eggs for 6 mins, peel and slice. Plate up with the lettuce, bacon, potatoes & chicken.

Chicken-Potato & Tomato Salad (Small).JPG

I just joined SW on Tuesday and if i be honest i am very afraid - have tried WW before and go no place so not sure if this will be a waste of time or not - hopefully not. Have hurt my knee so cant walk either at the minute so depending on the receipes Pete thanks, they do look fab.. :)

I'm a novice to cooking and this is my first time venturing into the recipes forum - blimey I've been missing out! I've literally taken half your recipes to try over the next few weeks, including attemping soups for the first time. Thanks very much for putting these up - will let you know how I get on (and keep my eye out for other tasty recipes!)

I just wanted to say a big thank you for these recipes. I am slowly working through them and my whole family loves them :D

Its a lifesaver!

Pete’s Mixed Fish Individual Pie

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tsp Dill
1tsp Chives
2 “Laughing Cow” cheese slices (part of your daily Hea allowance)
3 Medium Potatoes (ff)
6 Clove sticks
45g Low Fat cheddar cheese (1Hea)
120g Salmon Trimmings (ASDA) (ff)
120g frozen white fish fillet (ff)
200mL semi-skimmed milk (part of your daily Hea allowance)

Method
Put the milk, dill, onion & fish into a small saucepan and cook for 10 mins, drain & save the liquid allowing the fish to cool.
In salted water, cook the peeled potatoes until cooked (approx. 20 mins), tip into a sieve and drain, mash the potato into a smooth mash using some of the milk from the fish and set aside.
In a dish mix the mash, fish & cheese together , sprinkle the chives & place in individual pie dishes, grate some cheddar from the allowance over each one, cook at 180c for 25-30 mins until cooked & browned, serve with a salad.

Individual Fish Pie (Small).JPG

Nommy! Do you reckon this would all add up to 1 hexa to make life simple? X

Back