Pete's Recipe Book

I wasn't convinced to begin with, made it with another recipe off here & was not impressed but Petes version is lovely! Just had it was added chicken, onions & mushrooms with chips & salad, it was gorgeous :)

Hiya people! I really need some ideas, i've had a bad dayyy :'( I was doing so well until it got to be tea that wasn't too bad but i've cut sweet things such as chocolate totally out of my diet but today there was some fruit crumble left from the other night and because of me not eating sweet things i ate it, then i started on the chocolate bars and before i knew it i had eaten every bit of chocolate in the house :'( so what i wanted to know is if anybody has any recipes for syn free cakes or some kind of sweet thing that i can have for my dessert which is free since i don't want to do that again! Feel so horrible in myself... :-( xx

nicolagunn said:
Hiya people! I really need some ideas, i've had a bad dayyy :'( I was doing so well until it got to be tea that wasn't too bad but i've cut sweet things such as chocolate totally out of my diet but today there was some fruit crumble left from the other night and because of me not eating sweet things i ate it, then i started on the chocolate bars and before i knew it i had eaten every bit of chocolate in the house :'( so what i wanted to know is if anybody has any recipes for syn free cakes or some kind of sweet thing that i can have for my dessert which is free since i don't want to do that again! Feel so horrible in myself... :-( xx

I make a black forest roulade that's 1 syn a portion I modified the recipe in the desserts book to make it really low syn am trying to modify it into a tiramisu version tomorrow :D

cat yoyo greaves said:
I make a black forest roulade that's 1 syn a portion I modified the recipe in the desserts book to make it really low syn am trying to modify it into a tiramisu version tomorrow :D

Also I too have had a bad few days eating everything bad in sight eek but I'm back on it now xxx

Thanks for that, that sounds great will have to give it a go! But just another thing and it's a bit off topic but i get confused with things like this... I know that Heinz beans are syn free but at the side it says 100g now a regular tin is 400g is that still syn free? Because i love a tin of beans on a jacket patatoe hahaha xx

Pete’s Garlic Mushrooms
(based on the recipe from the SW mag)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Red Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Sweet pepper, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Lemon, juiced (ss) (sff)
3 Garlic cloves, sliced (sff)
75mL Vegetable stock
150g pack of mushrooms, quartered (s) (sff)
Salt & pepper

Method

In a wok, sprayed with Fry Light, cook the mushrooms & onions for 5 mins, add the garlic, pepper, stock & lemon juice, cook for a further 10 mins or until stock has been absorbed, season to taste.

Served with wedges, beans & egg.

Garlic Mushrooms (Small).JPG

nicolagunn said:
Thanks for that, that sounds great will have to give it a go! But just another thing and it's a bit off topic but i get confused with things like this... I know that Heinz beans are syn free but at the side it says 100g now a regular tin is 400g is that still syn free? Because i love a tin of beans on a jacket patatoe hahaha xx

Yeah still free :)

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

nicolagunn said:

Yep still free

made Pete's Mini Falafels - but i doubled mixture and made falafel burgers instead...forgot to add bread but the result was delicious!!!

served on a small wholemeal bun, lettuce, baby plum toms, red onion, 1tsp mayo, 1tsp mango chutney, 1 slice plastic cheese lites, sw chips and chopped salad (already ate these before i served cos i was starvin marvin!!!
falafel burger 1.jpgfalafel burger 2.jpgfalafel burger 3.jpg

Another delish recipe - thanks Pete xxx

Hi Pete

I have tried to make one of the instant mash pizza's this evening. I couldn't get the consistency of the mash right. Kept breaking up on me. Any tips on what I might have been doing wrong?

Pete your kfc chicken i the way forward. Brilliant. Even my kids loved it (made nuggets for them ) you truly are an inspiration x

Fantastic recipes. I am a soup lover so it gives me lots of ideas. Thanks so much for posting these Pete.

Anyone got any ideas how to make a low ish peanut satay sauce for a stirfry? Really need some inspiration

Anyone got any ideas how to make a low ish peanut satay sauce for a stirfry? Really need some inspiration

This makes loads of sauce so you could reduce to make small amount:

3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) (10.5 syns)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais

Mix peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools. (I add generous helping chillies to give it at bit of a kick)

Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Beat until smooth and serve together with the satay, hot or cold.

Hi Pete

I have tried to make one of the instant mash pizza's this evening. I couldn't get the consistency of the mash right. Kept breaking up on me. Any tips on what I might have been doing wrong?

It is easier to control consistency if you add water really gradually and mix in really well, so you dont get soft wetter spots within the "dough"-ball. Also, I find it easier to press/roll out on a sheet of clingfilm , so you can lift it up to put onto the pizza pan (obviously remove the clingfilm before cooking!); it does hold together better when cooked, so a few defects in the raw pizza base will be OK.

donnajt said:
This makes loads of sauce so you could reduce to make small amount:

3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) (10.5 syns)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais

Mix peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools. (I add generous helping chillies to give it at bit of a kick)

Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Beat until smooth and serve together with the satay, hot or cold.

Thankyou so much. That's dinner tonight sorted :)

Back