Pete's Recipe Book

Thanks Pete for sharing your fantastic recipes, i'm definitely going to make the cheese and potato pie.

Amazing thread just started the slimming world diet and reading through all these recipes has definately motivated and inspired me! They all look so good and are making me hungry :)

I got my Panch Phoron from Asda but most asian shops should sell it, it's a mixture of seeds & spices!

Welcome Katytatey to SW and this forum.
Please try any of my recipes, any questions please ask! The index for the recipes is at present on page 60.
Pete

I am in HEAVEN ..... Pete your peanut chicken curry is gorgeous! Hubby could not believe it was a diet meal and has already asked when I am going to make it again (we had it for dinner Thursday!!)

What an amazing thread !!! Can't wait to try all your recipes Pete, have just printed off the index :)

Hi Angelajane.
Our ASDA is in a large Asian area so they have a large Asian section! You can also try Asian shops, they should have it, if you look it up on the internet it tells you what's in it.....

Dgirl
It's our favourite! we have it every week, I will have to have to try a "Curry week" diet!

This is my take on this recipe!

Pete’s Chicken Katsu Curry

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Bay leaf
1 Egg, whisked (ff)
1tsp turmeric
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp Garam Masala
1tbsp hot madras curry powder
1tbsp Sweetener
1tbsp soy sauce
2cm Cube of ginger, finely sliced
4 Garlic (sff)
4 Chicken breasts, thinned to 1cm (ff)
200g Cooked Jasmine rice (ff)
240g Wholemeal bread, crumbed (4Heb/4=1Heb per person)
500ml Passata (s) (sff)
Salt & Pepper

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with fry light, cook the onion, garlic & ginger until soft, add the spices except the Garam masala, mix well, and then add passata, sweetener, bay leaf & soy sauce. Bring to the boil, reduce heat & simmer for 20 mins. Remove the bay leaf. Pour into a food processor & reduce to a liquid, return to the heat. If too thick add water. Add the Garam masala 5 mins before serving.
Dry the bread then chop up in a food processer until it becomes breadcrumbs, place in a large bowl, season well. Break the egg and whisk in a bowl.
Lay each chicken breast on a flat surface, trim & remove any fat, Place the chicken inside a layer of Clingfilm, using a pastry roller beat the chicken until it is reduced to a 1cm thickness, remove from the Clingfilm, then dip the chicken in the egg, then the breadcrumbs & place on an oven-proof tray, covered with foil & sprayed with fry light, continue until all the chicken pieces are done. Throw the Clingfilm away.
Pre-heat the oven to 200c.
Cook for 10 mins then turn over, continue until the breadcrumbs are browned, remove from the oven and allow to stand. Using a sharp knife cut into slices. Serve on a bed of rice & pour the curry sauce over the chicken.

Chicken Katsu Curry (Small).JPG

Hi pete i have just started slimming world and would like to congratulate you not only on your tremendous weight loss but also the fantastic recipes you have supplied i lookk forward to trying them out

Pete’s Barnsley Pork Chop

Serves 2

Ingredients

1tbsp Chicken Bovril
1tbsp English mustard mixed in water
1tbsp chives
2 Pork chops, fat removed (ff)
100ml veg stock
100g Shallots (s) (sff)
350g Fluffy Potatoes, peeled & mashed (ff)
Tub of Fromage Frais (ff)
Sprig of rosemary
Veg of your choice

Method

Peel potatoes, boil until soft, drain & mash, set aside & keep warm.
In a small saucepan heat the shallots, add stock, mustard, Bovril & rosemary, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer, cook for 20 mins until it thickens slightly.
Pre-heat the grill. Season the pork & grill on both sides until cooked.
Add chives and 2tbsp fromage frais to the mash, mix, if not creamy add more fromage frais until it is.
Plate up & pour the gravy over the mash & chop.
Serve with a selection of veg.

Barnsley Chop (Small).JPG

pete’s barnsley pork chop

serves 2

ingredients

1tbsp chicken bovril
1tbsp english mustard mixed in water
1tbsp chives
2 pork chops, fat removed (ff)
100ml veg stock
100g shallots (s) (sff)
350g fluffy potatoes, peeled & mashed (ff)
tub of fromage frais (ff)
sprig of rosemary
veg of your choice

method

peel potatoes, boil until soft, drain & mash, set aside & keep warm.
In a small saucepan heat the shallots, add stock, mustard, bovril & rosemary, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer, cook for 20 mins until it thickens slightly.
Add chives and 2tbsp fromage frais to the mash, mix, if not creamy add more fromage frais until it is.

View attachment 73586

omg pete,is it wrong that i could eat that now for breakfast !!!!!!!!!

Serves 2

Ingredients

1tbsp Chicken Bovril
1tbsp English mustard mixed in water
1tbsp chives
2 Pork chops, fat removed (ff)
100ml veg stock
100g Shallots (s) (sff)
350g Fluffy Potatoes, peeled & mashed (ff)
Tub of Fromage Frais (ff)
Sprig of rosemary
Veg of your choice

Method

Peel potatoes, boil until soft, drain & mash, set aside & keep warm.
In a small saucepan heat the shallots, add stock, mustard, Bovril & rosemary, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer, cook for 20 mins until it thickens slightly.

View attachment 73586

That looks SO good. Is that stuffing? Shallots - YUMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY x

Yes there are two stuffing balls there as well! Well spotted........Yes there are shallots in there as well, pain to peel though!

Here is the recipe for the red cabbage, NOT SW FRIENDLY THOUGH! but when having in small quantities, it's not too bad!

Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage

1 medium red cabbage
1 Tbsp caraway seeds
1 Tbsp cornflower
3 cloves
3 Tbsp soft brown sugar
4 Tbsp vinegar
50g/2oz butter
300ml/1/2 pint water
500g/1lb cooking apples
S & P to taste

Method

Wash and cut the cabbage into fine shreds.

Melt the butter in a deep saucepan, add cabbage, & fry briskly, shaking the pan frequency.

Stir in sugar, caraway seeds & cloves, leave on a low light.

Peel, core & chop apples, add to the pan.

Mix the cornflower with the vinegar to a smooth paste, add water & pour over the cabbage.

Cook, stirring until the mixture comes to the boil & thickens.
Season to taste.

Reduce the heat, cover & simmer for 1.5hrs.

Stir occasionally. Serve hot with any meat or poultry.

I would like to thank all my fellow SW members who have read my recipes and made comments, thank you all!
It's exactly one year ago that I started to put them on this website after repeated requests but I never thought that there would be over 180,000 "hits" in one year..............
Pete

Pete’s Pasta & Broccoli Curry

Serves 2

Ingredients

1Red Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Red Chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Red Pepper, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1tsp turmeric
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
3 Eggs, whisked together (ff)
60g Cheddar, grated (2Hea/2=1Hea per person)
100g Broccoli (s) (sff)
100g Pasta (of your choice) (ff)

Method

Boil a saucepan of salted water, cook the pasta for 8 mins then add the broccoli, cook for a further 5mins, drain & set aside.
Break the eggs into a bowl, add the grated cheese, whisk & set aside.
In a frying pan sprayed with frylight, cook the onion, chilli & pepper, cook until soft, add the spices & mix together, simmer for 1 min then add the pasta & broccoli, coat well with the mix until it’s all covered, cook for 2 mins on a high heat.
Add the eggs & cheese, season well & cook until the eggs have set and the cheese has melted, serve in a warmed bowl.
Follow with a yogurt as a pudding! (Cools the throat!)

Eedaa per broccoli (Small).JPG

I would like to thank all my fellow SW members who have read my recipes and made comments, thank you all!
It's exactly one year ago that I started to put them on this website after repeated requests but I never thought that there would be over 180,000 "hits" in one year..............
Pete

Ahhh, Pete, it's my favourite thread. I'm making the peanut curry tonight :D Thank YOU.

We love cheese pies and these are a great substitute... I might try them and put a bit of mint and spinach in them too. thanks for the inspiration

Pete’s Filo Cheese Pies

Ingredients

1 pack of Sainsbury’s filo pastry (makes 36 pies) (0.8 syns per pie)
1 Egg (ff)
1tbsp Milk
Pack of Low Low Cheese slices (2 syns per slice)

Method

In a small bowl mix the egg & milk together, set aside.
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Cut a piece of greaseproof paper to fit a metal ovenproof tray, spray with a fine coating of frylight.
On a clean, cool surface place the filo sheets on top of each other & cut into 3 strips about 10cm wide, place all the slices on top of each other, remove one and cover the others with a damp cloth.
Working quickly, brush the filo with the egg wash mix, then remove one cheese slice from it’s wrapping, fold diagonally, place at the bottom of the strip & fold the filo diagonally to enclose the cheese & form a triangle, press down & fold again, continue until the end is reached, place on the greaseproof paper & egg wash. Continue until the tray is full.
Cook for approx. 10 mins, remove from the oven & turn the filo over, egg wash & cook for a further 10 mins until cooked & nicely browned, remove & allow to cool.

View attachment 72452

Back