Pete's Recipe Book

Can recommend Petes Pork chops in Diet Coke... very nice it was last night.

Pete’s Stuffed Butternut Squash-2013

Pete’s Stuffed Butternut Squash-2013

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Small butternut squash, halved & de-seeded (s) (sff)
1 Red onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tsp cumin
225g Extra lean beef mince (ff)
350ml Passata (s) (sff)
400g Red kidney beans, drained & washed (ff)

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Cut the butternut squash in half, lengthways, scoop out the seeds & remove some of the interior flesh, place on an oven-proof tray, then spray with frylight, roast for 40-45 until it’s nicely browned & the interior is soft.
In the meantime cook onion & chilli until soft then add the cumin, mix well, add the beef & brown then add passata, the drained kidney beans & cook for 20 mins, remove the butternut squash from the oven, fill with the mince & serve in warmed bowls.

Butternut Squash2-2013 (Small).JPGButternut Squash-2013 (Small).JPG

Pete’s Aloo Gobi-2013

Pete’s Aloo Gobi-2013

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Knorr veg. stockpot
1tsp Turmeric
1tsp Cumin
1tsp Coriander
1tbsp Sweetener
1tbsp Panch Phoron
1tbsp garam masala
2 garlic, finely chopped (sff)
2 Bay leaves
200mL Hot water
300g Cauliflower florets (s) (sff)
300g Maris pipers potatoes, cut into 1cm pieces (ff)
410g Tomatoes (s) (sff)

Method

Heat a large frying pan sprayed with frylight, when hot add the Panch Phoron, cook until the seeds start to “pop”, add the onion, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, garlic & stockpot, reduce the heat & cook until the onions are soft. Add all the spices except Garam Masala & mix together, add the tomatoes, hot water & sweetener, cauliflower & potatoes, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and cook for 20-30 until the potatoes are cooked & soft, add the Garam Masala, continue to cook for 5 mins & serve in warmed dishes. Remove the bay leaves & cinnamon stick before eating.
Aloo Gobi-2013 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Pete’s veg soup with macaroni (2013)

Pete’s veg soup with macaroni (2013)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Carrot, cut into small cubes (s) (sff)
1 Onion, cut into small cubes (s) (sff)
1 Red Onion, cut into small cubes (s) (sff)
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped (sff)
1 Celery stick, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1Tbsp Sweetener
3 Bay leaves
100g Macaroni (ff)
400g Red Kidney Beans, drained & washed(s) (ff)
400g tomatoes (s) (sff)
500mL stock made with a Knorr “stockpot”
Salt & pepper

Method

In a deep pan sprayed with frylight, cook the onions & garlic until soft, add carrots, celery, tomatoes, red kidney beans, stock & bay leaves, bring to the boil then reduce the heat & simmer for 15 mins, taste and season as required, add the macaroni and cook for a further 5 mins, remove bay leaves and serve in hot bowls.

Chunky Veg Soup (Small).JPG

In the peanut curry you have 200mL stock, 1 Knorr herb stockpot+water!

Most of my recipes are my own idea.
I think about something I fancy then I look up recipes on the internet, I get a few then pull them apart, convert to SW wherever I can and based on the ingredients that I have, make it! When I first started on SW I converted all my favourite meals, that way it didn't appear to be a "diet".
Enjoy!
Pete

thank you i think i did it wrong but it just.took a bit longer .will be trying more of your recipes .as i realy like the choise of things i can try .you are a big help .to every one .and well done on your weight loss .:0clapper:

I've tried a few and all so far are gorgeous.

Peanut curry amazing
Piri piri chicken amazing
Bns and chicken curry amazing (better reheated)

Gonna try the tuna and mozzarella bake next week. X

I've tried a few and all so far are gorgeous.

Peanut curry amazing
Piri piri chicken amazing
Bns and chicken curry amazing (better reheated)

Gonna try the tuna and mozzarella bake next week. X

Ooo I made the tuna and mozzarella bake this week, its really nice but mine came out a bit dry so maybe add a bit more tomato? We ended up mixing it with some free tomato soup that I'd made the day before :)

Pete’s Spicy Potato Skins (2013)

Pete’s Spicy Potato Skins (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ tsp Garlic salt
½ tsp Cumin
½ tsp Paprika
½ tsp Cayenne chilli pepper
4 Smoked bacon rashers, all fat removed, sliced into small pieces (ff)
4 Floury potatoes, cut into quarters (ff)
60g Cheddar, grated (2Hea/2= 1Hea per person)
S & P

Method

Part boil the potatoes until the flesh is soft, remove & allow to cool, remove the flesh & save for another meal.
Fry the bacon until crisp, set aside.
In a small dish, mix all the spices together. Place the skins in an oven-proof dish, sprayed with frylight, add spices to the skins, cook in a pre-heated oven at 180C until the skins start to brown, remove from the oven, add the bacon & cheese, return to oven & let the cheese melt, remove and serve while hot.

Spicy skins (Small).JPG

lovely recipes, salmon and watercress looks scrummy. will be making lots of these recipes

Hi pete i think you are a true inspiration with all these delicious recipes ( i have tried most of them!!) this is the 1st thread i read before searching for any other recipes, keep up the good work xxx

Back