Pete's Recipe Book

Correct me if I'm wrong Pete, but I believe it's 4.5 per serving. Seriously good though.
Liz
X

Hi There.
If you are at home to watch it you could use a slow cooker, When cooked in a saucepan you do need to top it up from time to time so you might have to in the slow cooker but I haven't tried doing it that way!

Hi Pete!

I`ve lurked on this thread for some time. In fact I`ve bookmarked loads of your recipes and tried most of those out!
Decided it`s time I "outed" myself and thanked you properly. I`m not a very good or enthusiastic cook so your recipes have been a lifesaver!!

Your peanut curry is now a family favourite. My grandchildren love it and I don`t feel left out having salad while their munching on something scrummy!!

Even my very hard to please hubby enjoys your recipes!!:)

Thanks again, Pete!!

Hi There.
If you are at home to watch it you could use a slow cooker, When cooked in a saucepan you do need to top it up from time to time so you might have to in the slow cooker but I haven't tried doing it that way!

Hi Pete

I tried it in the slow cooker and it was gorgeous !!! Thank you x

Pete’s Tandoori Chicken (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Lemon zest & juice (ss) (sff)
1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Garlic, finely chopped (sff)
1Tbsp light soy sauce
2Tbsp Schwartz perfect shake tandoori blend
2x120g Mullerlight Greek yogurt with coconut (1.0 syn/2=0.5 syn per person)
200g Fresh chicken chunks (s) (ff)

BBQ extras

1 Onion cut in quarters (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, cut into quarters (s) (sff)
1 Tomato cut in half (s) (sff)

Method

In a bowl, mix the contents of one pot of yogurt, tandoori blend, lemon zest & juice & soy sauce, Place the chicken in & mix well, cover with Clingfilm & marinate for at least 1 hr, better if overnight. Before cooking the chicken, dispose of the marinade.
Spray a frying pan with frylight, cook the onion until it’s soft add another tbsp. of tandoori blend & mix well, add the chicken, cook for a few minutes until the chicken has changed colour, lower the heat & cook for 10 mins, add the other tub of yogurt, stir well & cook for a further 10 mins, (add water if the sauce is to thick) until the chicken is cooked, serve with a plate of rice.

Tandoori Chicken (2) (Small).JPG

Tonight's taster night's scan bran sweets......

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher -2 (2013)

29 Syns in total 36 made less than 1 Syn each

Ingredients
2 Pack of Options (Belgium Chocolate) (White chocolate) (4 syns)
3 level tbsp. of nutella (12 syns)
5 scan bran (5 syns)
25g Mixed nuts (8 syns)
Warm water

Method

Place the scan bran & nuts into a food blender and reduce to small pieces. Place in a glass bowl & mix.

Place 3 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add warm water as required to make a paste.
Add the scan bran and mix until the liquid has been totally absorbed.
Using a ½ tsp scoop, scoop a small portion of the mix & shape into balls.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. When cold remove from the fridge.
In two bowls one with white chocolate & the other Belgium chocolate, roll into the colours of your choice!
Rechill if required.
SW Ferrero Rocher (Small).JPG

Pete’s Louisiana Spicy Chicken & Rice (2013)

Pete’s Louisiana Spicy Chicken & Rice (2013)

(Adapted from “Pan-Cooked Chicken Dishes”)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1/2 tsp Paprika
1 Onion, finely sliced(s) (sff)
1 Red pepper, cut into fine slices, deseeded (s) (sff)
1 tsp dried thyme
2 Garlic, finely chopped (sff)
2 chillies, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 tbsp shredded flat leaf parsley
2 tbsp. Schwartz perfect shake “chicken”, herb & spice blend
4 Chicken thighs, de-skinned & de-boned cut into chunks (s) (sff)
6 chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
100g long grain rice (ff)
225mL stock, made from a Knorr “chicken stockpot”
A few drops of Tabasco

Method

Prepare the chicken & cut into chunks.
In a frying pan, sprayed with Fry Light, cook the chicken, seasoned with the chicken blend, until browned, add the peppers & onion, cook until soft, add the rice, chillies, and paprika, cook until the rice is coated with the juices from the pan.
Add the stock & cook for 10 mins, add the thyme, tomatoes, & simmer, covered for 20 mins. Sprinkle a few drops of Tabasco & season to taste.
Add the parsley and serve.

Louisiana Spicy Chicken (2) (Small).JPG

Yes it is on Ee

Pete’s Mixed Fishcakes (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

2 Large potatoes (ff)
150g (Sainsbury’s) Smoked salmon trimmings (ff)
120g (Sainsbury’s) Basic white fish (ff)
1 handful of parsley
1 lemon, zest & juice (ss) (sff)

Method

Peel and cut the potatoes and boil them in salted water in a large saucepan, after 10mins put a bamboo steamer or a colander, on top of the saucepan, with the fish in it, seasoned with salt & pepper, if using a colander cover with cooking foil to allow the salmon to steam. Cook for a further 10 mins.

When the potatoes and the fish are cooked then remove & flake it, remove any skin, and place in a glass dish, drain the mash the potatoes and allow to cool.

Add the potatoes, lemon rind & juice, parsley and salt & pepper, to the fish, scoop up in your hands, a portion of the mix and form into a fishcake, adjusting them to a size that suits you.

Place into a fridge to allow them to stiffen.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook until browned, turn over and repeat.

Mixed Fish cakes (Small).JPG

Really loving these many thanks x

Only just seen this question! First set up bookmarks on Google (that`s what I did)

When you`re on minimins and you want to bookmark something hover over "share". It`s next to the "like"
You`ll then be given some choices, including Google bookmarks.

You`ll be asked to sign in to Google if you haven`t already done so.
Then you can bookmark the item. Hope this helps!

TRY again!! lovin the recipes have spent 2 days copy n pasting them to print out for recipe book at home :) have been doing sw since end of april and now need serious dedication to it after few emotional setbacks in last 6 weeks - well balls to them!! looking forward to munching through these :D Thankyou x

Only just seen this question! First set up bookmarks on Google (that`s what I did)

When you`re on minimins and you want to bookmark something hover over "share". It`s next to the "like"
You`ll then be given some choices, including Google bookmarks.

You`ll be asked to sign in to Google if you haven`t already done so.
Then you can bookmark the item. Hope this helps!

Thank you will give that a try. x

Pete’s Chicken Cacciatore (2013)

Pete’s Chicken Cacciatore (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, sliced (s) (sff)
1 Garlic cloves, crushed (sff)
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. Schwartz “perfect shake, chicken” herb & spice blend
2 Chicken Breasts, sliced (s) (ff)
3 Tbsp. Fromage Frais (ff)
100-150g Rice or Pasta of your choice
700mL Passata (s) (sff)

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
In a frying pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the chicken until its gone white.
In a sauce pan, cook the onions, allow going soft, adding the garlic, basil & passata, mixing well, cook for 10 mins & thickens.
Add the chicken to an oven-proof dish, sprinkle with the spice blend, add the contents of the saucepan & cook for 20 mins in the oven.
Cook the Rice/Pasta of your choice.
Remove the dish from the oven, allow to cool slightly, mix the fromage frais with the contents, and serve. (If it splits, don’t worry, it will still taste ok)

Chicken Cacciatore (2013) (Small).JPG

Back