Pete's Recipe Book

Pete’s Oxo Spaghetti Bolognese (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, sliced (s) (sff)
1 Carrot, grated (s) (sff)
1 Celery stick, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Oxo beef stock cube
1 Tbsp. tomato puree (s) (sff)
2 Oxo Spag.Bol. stock cube
60g Parmesan cheese, grated (2Hea/2=1Hea per person)
200mL water
250g extra lean beef (ff)
500ml Passata (s) (sff)
Spaghetti for 2 people (ff)
S&P

Method

In a frying pan, sprayed with frylight, add the beef & the crumbled beef stock cube, mix, and cook until the beef is browned.
Add the carrot, celery, onion, cook until soft, add passata, puree, 2 crumbled Spag.Bol. stock cubes & water bring to the boil, reduce the heat, season with the S & P, cook for 20 mins, covered, until the meat is cooked & the sauce thickened.
Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the packet.
Add the spaghetti to the meat & mix well.
Plate up & sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the spaghetti.

Oxo Spaghetti Bolonase (Small).JPG

Just bought my Oxo spag.bol cubes in Sainsbury's yesterday!
New line!

Pete’s Mini Quiche Salad (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 Slices of Ham, finely chopped (ff)
2 Eggs, whisked (ff)
4 Medium mushrooms, finely chopped (s) (sff)
30g Strong Cheddar, grated (1Hea/2=0.5 Hea per person)
175mL Skimmed milk (1/2Hea/2= 0.25Hea per person)
S & P
Kettle of boiling water

Method

Preheat the oven to 180C.
In a small pan cook the onions & mushrooms until soft, set aside to cool.
In a mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, ham, onion, mushrooms, cheese & milk, season.
Place the mix into 2 ramekins, make a “bay Marie” with a shallow oven-proof tray with a wire rack inside, place the ramekins on the rack & half fill the tray with boiling water, place in the oven & cook for 25-30 mins until risen & cooked.
Serve on a plate of salad.

Mini Quiche salad (Small).JPG

The cauli soup was amazing. I recommended this thread at group this week as I think it has been my secret weapon! Shocked how many people didnt even know about minimins.
So hopefully all petes yummy recipes can help loads to achieve great results like him.
Thanks Pete :)

A big thank you Pete for taking the time and effort to do all these recipes. Have earmarked quite a few to try out. Looking forward to the warming soups in the winter months :)

Thanks, Pete, for all the time & effort you've devoted to this. As one just starting out it gives me real encouragement.

Pete’s Mini Quiche Salad (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 Slices of Ham, finely chopped (ff)
2 Eggs, whisked (ff)
4 Medium mushrooms, finely chopped (s) (sff)
30g Strong Cheddar, grated (1Hea/2=0.5 Hea per person)
175mL Skimmed milk (1/2Hea/2= 0.25Hea per person)
S & P
Kettle of boiling water

Method

In a small pan cook the onions & mushrooms until soft, set aside to cool.
In a mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, ham, onion, mushrooms, cheese & milk, season.
Place the mix into 2 ramekins, make a “bay Marie” with a shallow oven-proof tray with a wire rack inside, place the ramekins on the rack & half fill the tray with boiling water, place in the oven & cook for 25-30 mins until risen & cooked.
Serve on a plate of salad.

View attachment 104240

This looks amazing! so going to try this!

Pete’s Duchess Potatoes, Sausage & Broccoli (2013)

Pete’s Duchess Potatoes, Sausage & Broccoli (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Oxo beef cube
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 Broccoli head, cut into florets (s) (sff)
1 Egg (ff)
1Tsp garlic salt
1 Tbsp. Tomato puree (s) (sff)
1Tbsp Flora “lighter than light” spread (1.5 syn)
4 Sainsbury’s B.G.T.Y. extra lean Cumberland sausage (2 syn/2- 1syn per person)
5 Medium Maris Piper potatoes (ff)
30g Strong Cheddar (1Hea)
175mL skimmed milk (1/2 of your daily Hea)
200mL water
S&P

Method

Boil the potatoes until cooked, drain & mash through a ricer to obtain a lump free mash.
Add milk & the cheese, mix to a smooth mash, season to taste & add to a cotton piping bag with a star nozzle, pipe onto a sheet of greaseproof paper, placed on an oven-proof tray. Mix the egg with a drop of water & egg wash the mash, place in the pre-heated oven for about 15-20 mins until golden in colour.

Cut the onion into small pieces, spray a small saucepan with frylight & cook to soften the onions, add the crumbled stock cube, water & bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer then add the tomato puree & simmer until it has thickened.

Place the sausage in an oven-proof dish & place in the oven for 20 mins, turning to get an even colour.

Boil a kettleful of water, add to a saucepan, add a pinch of salt, cut the broccoli into florets & boil for 4 mins, drain & keep warm until the rest of the food is ready.

Duchess Potato,Sausage & Broccoli  (Small).JPG

Pete’s Duchess Potatoes, Sausage & Broccoli (2013) : My man will love this! Going to cook it next week! Ah i have so many new recipes to try :D

that looks amazing!!! i dont have a piping bag but could 'craft' some lumps and hope they look the same! :D x

haha we had the same idea ;)

Pete’s Mexican Chilli Chicken (2013)
Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, sliced (s) (sff)
1sp Cumin
1Tsp Coriander
1 Tsp Mexican Style Seasoning
1Tsp Smoked Paprika
1Tsp Chilli Flakes
1Tbsp Sweetener
1Tbsp tomato Puree (s) (sff)
2 Corn on the cobs (ff)
2 Peppers, sliced (s) (sff)
3 Garlic, finely chopped (s) (sff)
100g Rice (ff)
100g Sliced Mushrooms (s) (sff)
250g Chopped Chicken (s) (ff)
400g Chopped Tomatoes (s) (sff)
400g Red Kidney Beans, drained & washed (s) (ff)
500g Passata (s) (sff)

Method

Heat a frying pan, sprayed with frylight, add the onion, peppers & garlic. Cook until soft, add the cumin, coriander, Mexican seasoning, paprika & chilli, mix well, add the chicken, tomatoes, passata, mushrooms, tomato puree & red kidney beans, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer for 20 mins until the chicken has cooked & the sauce has thickened.
Serve with rice, cooked as per the packet instructions.
Boil a saucepan with unsalted water, big enough to fit the corn in it. When boiling add the corn, cover & bring back to the boil, remove from the heat & leave to steam for 2-3 mins, remove & serve.

Mexican Chicken Chilli (Small).JPG

that looks amazing!!! i dont have a piping bag but could 'craft' some lumps and hope they look the same! :D x

haha we had the same idea ;)

Ditto. And to use tomato puree to thicken the gravy will saving me synning bisto powder. Fantastic. Have already put sausages on my diary so am going to have a go tonight.

Another great Pete

Back