Pete's Recipe Book

Hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well I made the cheese and broccoli pasta quiche last night and it is DELICIOUS!!! Here is how mine turned out:

pasta quiche.jpg

I have plenty more recipes printed off to try.....thanks ever so much for this thread, it's amazing!

Angela x

Pete’s Moroccan Veg Kebabs (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 red pepper, cut into 2 X 2 cm pieces (s) (sff)
1 Red Onion, cut into quarters (s) (sff)
1 Aubergine, cut into 2 x 2 cm pieces (s) (sff)
1 Lime, zested & juiced (s) (sff)
1Tbsp Ras-el-hanout spice
2Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil (2 Heb/2=1 Heb per person)
8 Shallots (s) (sff)

Method

Cut the peppers, onion & aubergine into small pieces, marinade the aubergine in a bowl with olive oil & Res-el-hanout spice, mix well & cover, place in a fridge for at least 1 hr.
Soak any wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hr to prevent them burning, or use metal skewers.
Load the skewers with the ingredients in any order, pre-heat the grill & cook, brushing any marinade left over the veg, keep turning, until cooked & the veg has browned around the edges.
*Or place on an oven-proof dish & cook in a pre-heated oven, turning from time to time, until cooked.
Serve with either rice or couscous.

Moroccan kebab (Small).JPG

Pete’s Cowboy Hotpot (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, sliced (s) (sff)
1 Carrot, grated (s) (sff)
1Tbsp Mixed herbs
1Tbsp Hot paprika
2 large potatoes, (ff)
2 Garlic cloves, crushed (sff)
4 Sainsbury’s B.G.T.Y. Cumberland sausages cut into 4 pieces (2 syn/2=1 syn per person)
150mL Veg. stock
400g Chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
400g baked beans (ff)
400 mixed beans, drained & rinsed (ff)
S & P

Method

Cook the potatoes for 10 mins only, drain & set aside.
Preheat the oven to 180C.
In a casserole pan, sprayed with frylight, brown the sausages add onions & garlic, cook for 5 mins or until the onions are soft.
Add the carrot, stock, paprika, tomatoes, beans, bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat & cook for 5 mins then transfer to the oven, reduce the heat to the “Eco” setting (90C) & cook for several hours.
Remove from the oven & slice the potatoes into thin slices, add to the pan, return to the oven, uncovered, until the potatoes are browned & cooked.

Cowboy Hotpot (Small).JPGCowboy Hotpot-2 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Hiya Pete. Just a quick question about your famous peanut curry. I'm wanting to make it for 4 people , so do I need to double the quantity of all the ingredients ?
Ta loads.
All your recipes look amazing. Looking forward to trying a lot of these out x

Yes just double the chicken,tomatoes, etc but only increase the spices by 1/2 the amount again.

Pete’s Chicken Korma (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 large onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled & finely chopped
1Tbsp Turmeric
1Tbsp Ground cumin
1Tbsp Ground coriander
1Tbsp Madras curry powder
1tbsp Tomato puree (s) (sff)
1tbsp Sweetener
2 bay leaves
6 Cardamom seeds, crushed
100g Basmati rice, cooked as per packet instructions (ff)
150g low fat crème fraiche (5 syns/2=2.5 syns per person)
150g Normandy fromage frais (ff)
300g skinless chicken thigh fillets (ff)
300ml chicken stock

Method

Cook the Basmati rice as per the instructions on the packaging.
Cut the chicken into chunks, removing any fat, place in a glass bowl, add the fromage frais, mix well & cover, place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 mins.
Spray the frying pan with Fry Light, cook the onions, ginger, cardamom seeds & bay leaves, and cook for 5 mins until the onions are soft.
Add the spices, mix well, and cook for a few minutes.
Add the chicken, chicken stock, tomato puree & sweetener; simmer for 20 mins until the chicken is fully cooked.
Reduce the heat, add the crème fraiche and mix, cook for 5 mins, remove from the heat, remove the bay leaves, and serve with basmati rice.

Chicken Korma (2013) (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Hi Pete,I,m new on here .Have read your recipes and they are super.
I wonder if you have any no syns or low syns way of thickening stews etc.
I made a lovely beef stew which was all free,then used lots of syns to thicken it with gravy granules!
I make a huge batch and freeze it.

You could use 1tbsp of cornflower ( low syns) or 1tbsp of tomato puree (free)

Sorry to butt in on ur thread but I use tomato puree added at "browning stage" and throughally cooked out (I use a good 2 heaped tablespoons). It seems to work well enough although sometimes I do add a dessert spoon of gravy granuals to thickened and just syn it!

Thanks for that tip Kaz.

Pete’s Broccoli Soup (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 carrot, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Celery stick, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Leek, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Broccoli Head (s) (sff)
1Tbsp Tomato Puree
2 Veg. Oxo cubes
500mL hot water
S&P

Method
Spray a saucepan with frylight, put all ingredients except the broccoli in, cook until the onions are soft, add 500ml of veg stock made with the Oxo’s.
Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cover & cook for 20 mins, remove cover, add broccoli, cook for 2 mins more. Season to taste.

Broccoli soup (Small).JPG

Back