Pete's Recipe Book

Hi Kerry.
Here is a recipe with garlic in it, you could use it as a base for your sauce!

Pete’s Garlic Mushrooms (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

3 Garlic cloves (sff)
6 Tbsp. Fat free Normandy Fromage Frais (ff)
100g pasta of your choice (ff)
200g Brown mushrooms (s) (sff)
200mL chicken stock
Small tin of Tuna in spring water (ff)
S & P
*Option extra
60g Strong Cheddar (2Hea/2=1Hea per person)

Method

Remove the Fromage frais from the fridge & allow coming to room temperature.
Cut the mushrooms into quarters, in a small frying pan sprayed with frylight, cook the mushrooms for 5 mins, add garlic, chicken stock, bring to the boil & reduce the liquid until it’s almost all gone.
Remove from the heat for 1-2 mins; mix the fromage frais with the mushrooms.
In the meantime cook your pasta as per the package instructions.
Open the Tuna, drain & plate up, add the pasta & mushrooms.
*sprinkle with the cheese if using.
Garlic Mushrooms (2) (Small).jpg

Hi, I have really enjoyed reading your recipes, thank you! I am thinking of making a type of Mexican bean burger, am happy to have a bit of an experiment with chilli, chickpeas, cannellini beans, sweet corn maybe but would be glad of any recipe or assistance anyone may have.
thanks
Paula

All my recipes are on minimins.com as "Petes recipe book!"Just follow the links below.Index on page 93.All my recipe pages are open to all!

The pages on Facebook are just groups to do with SW and only have limited new recipes on them, I have no control who can view them, some are open, others closed, you need to ask to join!

Hi Paula.
I don't have a recipe for a Mexican bean burger but your ingredients sound ok, just drain the liquid out and mix together, season well & try! if the mix keeps on falling apart mix an egg with it first.For a kick add Jalapenos peppers. You can buy a Mexican Style seasoning if you don't have a large choice of spices.
I assume you are a vegetarian as you haven't added any meat, but if you are not then add extra lean beef mince.

Last edited:
Pete’s Lasagne (2014)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Beef Oxo cube
1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Tsp Dried Basil
1 Tbsp. Worcester sauce
100g Brown mushrooms, sliced (s) (sff)
120g Mature cheddar, grated (4Hea/4=1 Hea per person)
250g Extra lean beef Mince (ff)
400g Chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
400g Baked beans (ss) (ff)
Box of Sainsbury’s “Basic Lasagne sheets” (ff)
20cm x 24cm Lasagne dish (Approx size)
S & P

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
Cook the meat in a frying pan sprayed with frylight until it’s browned, crumble the Oxo cube in to the pan, add the onions & Worcester sauce, mix well cook for 5 mins until onions are soft.
Add the tomatoes & basil, cook for 10 mins.
Put a layer of the mince in the Lasagne dish, cover with 2 sheets of pasta, cover with baked beans, cover with pasta sheets, cover with sliced mushrooms, cover with pasta sheets, cover with the remaining mince, add the cheese & place in the oven for 30-40 mins until the cheese has browned & melted.

Lasagne (Small).JPGLasagne-2 (Small).JPGLasagne-3 (Small).JPGLasagne-4 (Small).JPG

Hi pete
thanks for your speedy answer! Yes will have an experiment this afternoon. Not a veggie but love the Mexican bean burgers you can buy with a crispy topping. Was thinking of coating in couscous to give a bit of a crunch- after I have made your Peanut curry which has been tempting me for weeks!
P

Pete’s Red Pepper Curry (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion (s) (sff)
1Tsp Cumin
1Tsp Coriander
1Tsp Turmeric
1Tbsp Hot madras curry
1 Tbsp. Tomato puree (s) (sff)
1 Tbsp Sweetener
2 Red peppers, deseeded (s) (sff)
200g Chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
200mL vegetable stock
S & P

Method

In a mini chopper, puree the peppers & onion, spray a frying pan with frylight, cook the onion & pepper puree for 5 mins, add the spices, continue to cook for a few minutes. Add the tomato , stock & sweetener, season well, bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins. Use as a general curry sauce.

Red Pepper Curry (Small).JPG

Hi Becky.
Yes! give it a try but leave the sweetener out to start with then taste it and only add it if required.
I only made this recipe as I had some red peppers that were going a bit wrinkly and needed to be used quickly!

Pete

Pete’s Chicken & Mixed Bean Casserole (2014)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Chicken stockpot
1Tbsp Hot Paprika
1Tbsp Tomato Puree (s) (sff)
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped (s) (sff)
100g Mushrooms, quartered (s) (sff)
400g Mapolina 5 Bean salad (s) (sff)
460g Skinless Chicken thigh fillet, cut into chunks (s) (ff) (approx. weight)
500g Passata (s) (sff)
S & P

Method

Pre-heat the oven, set on the “Eco” setting (90C)
Cook the chicken chunks in a casserole dish until the chicken is all white, allow to brown, add the stockpot, onion & garlic, cook for 5-10 mins mixing well.
Add the beans & liquid, passata & mushrooms, mix then add the paprika, tomato puree & season well, cover & bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 mins then transfer to the oven if you want a long slow cook. Serve with rice.

Chicken & Mixed Bean Casserole (Small).JPGChicken & Mixed Bean Casserole-2 (Small).JPG

Hi Pete,could you direct me to your index page please,I can't remember what number it's on !
Thank you :)

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Pete’s Orzo & Chicken broth bake (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1Tsp Garlic salt
1 Tbsp Dried parsley
60g Cheddar cheese , grated (2Heb/2= 1Heb per person)
100g Orzo (durum wheat) (ff)
400mL Chicken stock
400g Baxters “Favourites” Chicken broth (6 syns/2= 3 syns per person)
Small tin of Tuna chunks in water (ff)

Method

In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock to the boil, add the orzo & garlic salt, cook for 10 mins or until the stock has been absorbed.
Add the chicken broth & cook for a further 10 mins until the liquid has been fully absorbed,
Pre-heat the grill on the cooker.
Put the contents into a shallow pasta dish, cover with the cheese & parsley, place under the grill & cook until the cheese has melted & started to go brown. Serve with tuna & a side salad.

Orzo (Small).JPGOrzo-2 (Small).JPGOrzo-3 (Small).JPGOrzo-4 (Small).JPG

Back