Pete's Recipe Book

Your welcome, enjoy!

hi everyone just popped on for a little inspiration, not really been on plan since xmas but tomorrows when I get back on it and start again. I will get my 2 stone award :)

Pete’s Moroccan Chicken (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ Butternut squash, de-seeded & cut into cubes (s) (sff)
1 Lemon zested & juiced (ss) (sff)
1 Sweet pepper (s) (sff)
1 Tsp Rose water
1Tbsp Tomato puree (s) (sff)
1 Tbsp. Ras-Al-Hanout
2 Tbsp. Sweetener
2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
2 Onions 1diced, 1 liquidised (s) (sff)
2cm Cube of ginger
4 Large tomatoes (s) (sff)
4 Garlic cloves (s) (sff)
200mL Chicken stock
450g Diced chicken (s) (ff)
S & P

Method

Place the chicken in a glass bowl; add the zest of the lemon & the juice, leave, covered, for at least 2 hrs.
Prepare the butternut squash by cutting in half, de-seeded, and then chopped into 2cm cubes, set aside.
In a food processor, liquidise one onion, tomatoes, garlic, ginger & sweet pepper. Set aside.
In a casserole pan, sprayed with frylight, part-cook the chicken, then add the liquidised contents, Ras-Al- Hanout, sliced onion, butternut squash, stock , puree, sweetener, vinegar & rose water ,season, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cook for at least 2 hrs., covered. Serve with couscous or rice.

Moroccan Chicken (Small).JPG

Pete’s Spicy Louisiana Jambalaya (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Pepper, deseeded & sliced (s) (sff)
1 Leek, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Tsp Tabasco
1 Tbsp. paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed (sff)
2 Tbsp. Schwartz chicken & herb spice blend
8 Slices of chorizo sausage, finely chopped (4 syns/2=2 syns per person)
12 Sugar snap peas (s) (sff)
50g Button mushrooms, Halves (s) (sff)
100g Long grain rice (ff)
250g Chopped chicken (s) (ff)
400g Chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
500mL Chicken stock
S & P

Method

In a large frying pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the chicken for 5 mins, add the pepper, leek, garlic & chorizo, cook for 5 mins.
Add the tabasco, paprika, rice, chicken & herb spice blend, mushrooms, tomatoes & chicken stock bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook until all liquid has almost all been absorbed, add the sugar snap peas & season with salt & pepper, continue to cook until all the liquid has been absorbed then plate up, serve with a side salad.

Spicy Louisiana Jambalaya (Small).JPG

Hi Pete, i would jut like to thank you so much for these recipes, my wife has been on slimming world for a while with uneven results as we ate differently so often went over syns by eating what i was having, since 1 month ago when i found this forum i have been following the extra easy plan with her and using these recipes almost daily. I now cook every meal from this thread and honestly we have never eaten better and in 3 weeks i have lost over a stone and my wife is losing 2 to 3 pounds a week steadily now and are looking forward to achieving target weights in the future. Your recipes are delicious and give us so many options instead of salad and soup. Who knew you could eat Curry on a diet!

In short Pete, you are a legend!

Some weeks I have a curry week with a different curry each day and still loose weight!!

Aww Pete it's really nice you would take your time out to put all these on here! And there all lovely some really good ideas! I'm gona try loads thank you :)

Pete’s Herb Crusted Salmon (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1Tsp chilli flakes, ground up
1Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
1Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. dried dill
1 lemon, zested (ss) (sff)
1 Egg, whisked (ff)
1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 Salmon fillets (ff)
100g Couscous (ff)
Handful of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
Light soy sauce

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
Cook the onion & peas in a small saucepan, sprayed with frylight.
Line two small ovenproof dishes with a piece of tinfoil, large enough to fold over & cover the salmon, set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the egg, set aside.
Mix together in a medium size bowl, the chilli, chives, parsley lemon zest & dill, set aside.
Place the salmon into the egg then cover with the herbs & spices, place each salmon into the oven dish, pour the soy sauce around the base of the salmon, loosely cover with foil, Cook covered for 5 mins, remove & uncover, return to the oven & cook for a further 5-10 mins until the salmon has changed colour & cooked.
While the salmon is cooking, prepare the couscous as per the packet instructions.
When the salmon is cooked, plate up, mixing the onion & peas with the couscous.
Serve with a side salad.
Herb crusted Salmon.jpg

Pete’s Chicken Bhuna (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ Tsp chilli powder
1 Tsp turmeric
1 Tsp cumin
1 Tsp paprika
1 Lemon, juiced (ss) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 Red pepper, deseeded & sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1 green pepper, deseeded & sliced thinly (s) (sff)
100g green peas (ss) (ff)
100g Snap peas (s) (sff)
100g Fat free natural yogurt (ff)
150g Basmati rice (ff)
200g Chicken stock
460g Chicken thighs, skinless (s) (ff)
Handful of Coriander, chopped

Method

Mix the yogurt with half the turmeric, the cumin, paprika, chilli powder, lemon juice & garlic in a large glass bowl, mix well then marinade the chicken in the mixture for at least 15 mins. Set aside.
In a large frying pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the onions until cooked but not browned.
Add the marinaded chicken & peppers. Cook for 10 mins.
Add the rice, stock, peas, the rest of the turmeric & cinnamon, cover & cook until all the liquid has been absorbed, leave covered for 5 mins with the heat off. Garnish with the fresh coriander. Serve with a side salad.

Chicken Bhuna with cinnamon rice (2014) (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Pete’s Chicken Bhuna (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ Tsp chilli powder
1 Tsp turmeric
1 Tsp cumin
1 Tsp paprika
1 Lemon, juiced (ss) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 Red pepper, deseeded & sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1 green pepper, deseeded & sliced thinly (s) (sff)
100g green peas (ss) (ff)
100g Snap peas (s) (sff)
100g Fat free natural yogurt (ff)
150g Basmati rice (ff)
200g Chicken stock
460g Chicken thighs, skinless (s) (ff)
Handful of Coriander, chopped

Method

Mix the yogurt with half the turmeric, the cumin, paprika, chilli powder, lemon juice & garlic in a large glass bowl, mix well then marinade the chicken in the mixture for at least 15 mins. Set aside.
In a large frying pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the onions until cooked but not browned.
Add the marinaded chicken & peppers. Cook for 10 mins.
Add the rice, stock, the rest of the turmeric & cinnamon, cover & cook until all the liquid has been absorbed, leave covered for 5 mins with the heat off. Garnish with the fresh coriander. Serve with a side salad.

View attachment 125453

This looks right up my street - thanks Pete!

Sooo Im waiting patiently!! while my OH is attempting the mushy pea curry dish for the first time & I must say the aroma in this house is lovely.

Sooo hungry & cant wait to try it....thanks Pete will def be trying some more of these recipes :)

Thanks to all my loyal fans , I have had over 1/2 million people reading these recipes since January 2012!
:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Thanks to all my loyal fans , I have had over 1/2 million people reading these recipes since January 2012! :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

I think that's a bigger thank you from everyone whose tried them ;) thanks so much for taking the time to do this Pete

It's a big thank you to you Pete for experimenting and giving others the opportunity to try out your recipes. Our favourites are chow mein, yuk sung and peanut curry. We are partial to the sausage and egg muffin also. I look forward to trying more soon

After a loooong 108 pages - its taken me the whole day to get there lol.

pete... i LOVE ur recipes... ive already tried a few and have gone through ALL of ur recipes now and written down ones im goin to try.

can i ask something though. With ur instant mash recipes hav u ever used just normal mash? As instant mash just doesnt agree with me - makes me feel ill. Im just curious as ide love to make the sausage rolls and pies :)

Thanks

p.s. cannot wait to try homemade double sausage and egg muffins... i miss these as a treat

Back