Pete's Recipe Book

Hi Pete. Was wondering if you have made chicken pad thai? I have no idea where to start :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Tiger-Lilly.
here is the modified recipe!
Pete’s Pad Thai (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1/2 cup fresh coriander
1 Knorr chicken stockpot
1 fresh red chillies, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 spring onions, sliced (s) (sff)
12 Cashew nuts (2 Heb/2= 1Heb per person)
100g Green beans cut in half (s) (sff)
150g Thai dried rice noodles (ff)
200g Fresh bean sprouts (s) (sff)
250g chopped chicken breast or thigh (s) (ff)

Marinade for Chicken: 1 tsp. corn-starch dissolved in 3 Tbsp. dark soy sauce (1 syn)
Wedge of lime

Pad Thai Sauce:
1Tbsp. chilli sauce (1 syn/2=0.5 syn per person)
1 Tbsp. tamarind paste dissolved in 3 Tbsp. warm water (0.5/2=0.25 per person)
2 Tbsp. fish sauce, + more to taste
3 Tbsp. sweetener
Ground white pepper

Method

Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions, drain, set aside.
Make pad Thai sauce by combining the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Stir well to dissolve tamarind and sweetener & set aside.
Place chicken slices in a small bowl. Stir together the marinade and pour over chicken. Stir well & set aside for a minimum of 30 mins.
Warm up a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add frylight plus garlic & minced chili, if using. Stir-fry until fragrant (30 seconds). Add marinated chicken. When wok/pan becomes dry, add the chicken stockpot, stirring to keep the chicken frying nicely 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
Add the noodles, & beans, pour the Pad Thai sauce over. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. If you find your wok/frying pan too dry, push noodles aside & add a little more frylight to the bottom of the pan. Add the bean sprouts & continue frying 1 more minute, or until noodles are cooked. Taste-test for seasoning, adding more fish sauce until desired flavour is reached. Toss well to incorporate. Serve with generous amounts of fresh coriander, spring onion, & chopped nuts. Add fresh lime wedges to squeeze over each portion.
Pad Thai (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Pete’s Sausage & Bacon Omelette (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Tsp Oregano
2 Sainsbury’s B.G.T.Y Cumberland sausage (1 Syn/2=0.5 syn per person)
2 Bacon rashers cut into pieces (ff)
4 Eggs (ff)
6 Mushrooms (s) (sff)
60g Strong cheddar cheese, grated (2Hea/2=1 Hea per person)
S & P

Method

Cut the sausage into small rings, heat up a frying pan, spray with frylight, and cook the sausage, bacon & mushrooms. Beat the eggs in a small bowl & add to the pan, continue cooking & mixing all the ingredients together, season.
Preheat the grill, remove the pan from the heat when the eggs are almost set, add the grated cheese & place under the grill, cook until the cheese has melted, serve immediately.

Sausage Omelette (Small).JPG

Hi Tiger-Lilly.
No I haven't tried Pad Thai but I found this recipe on the Internet, it needs slight changes to make it SW friendly!

• 8 oz. Thai rice noodles
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped chicken breast or thigh
  • Marinade for Chicken: 1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • optional: 1-2 fresh red chilies, minced
  • 3 cups fresh bean sprouts
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 1/2 cup fresh coriander/cilantro
  • 1/3 cup crushed or roughly chopped nuts, such as cashews, remember to syn these!
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • Frylightl for stir-frying, and wedges of lime
  • PAD THAI SAUCE:
  • 3/4 Tbsp. tamarind paste dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water remember to syn this!
  • 2 Tbsp. fish sauce, + more to taste remember to syn this!
  • 1-3 tsp. chili sauce, or substitute 1/2 tsp. or more dried crushed chili or cayenne, to taste
  • 3 Tbsp. sweetener
  • 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper

1. Bring a large pot of pot to a boil and dunk in your rice noodles. Turn down the heat to low and keep an eye on them: you will be frying the noodles later, so you don't want to over-soften them now. Noodles are ready to be drained when they are soft enough to be eaten, but still firm and a little "crunchy". Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking. Set aside.
  2. Make pad Thai sauce by combining the sauce ingredients together in a cup. Stir well to dissolve tamarind and sweetener and set aside. Note: this may seem like a lot of sweetener, but you need it to balance out the sourness of the tamarind - this balance is what makes Pad Thai taste so amazing!
  3. Place chicken slices in a small bowl. Stir together the marinade and pour over chicken. Stir well and set aside.
  4. Warm up a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add frylight plus garlic and minced chili, if using. Stir-fry until fragrant (30 seconds). Add marinated chicken. When wok/pan becomes dry, add a little chicken stock, 1-2 Tbsp. at a time, to keep the chicken frying nicely (5-7 minutes, until cooked is cooked).
  5. Add the noodles, and pour the Pad Thai sauce over. Using two utensils, use a gentle "lift and turn" method to fry noodles (like tossing a salad). Stir-fry in this way 1-2 minutes. If you find your wok/frying pan too dry, push noodles aside and add a little more oil to the bottom of the pan.
  6. Add the bean sprouts and and continue frying 1 more minute, or until noodles are cooked. Noodles are done to perfection when they are no longer "hard" or crunchy, but chewy-sticky wonderful! Taste-test for seasoning, adding more fish sauce until desired flavor is reached (I usually add 1 more Tbsp. fish sauce). Toss well to incorporate.
  7. Lift noodles onto a serving plate. Top with generous amounts of fresh coriander, spring onion, and crushed/chopped nuts. Add fresh lime wedges to squeeze over each portion.

Thank you Pete. You're a star :)

I have modified it a bit more so watch this space next week!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Pete. Was wondering if you have made chicken pad thai? I have no idea where to start :confused:

if you know anyone who has the new SW fakeaways book, there is a syn free recipe in there for pad thai :)

Pete’s Pad Thai (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1/2 cup fresh coriander
1 Knorr chicken stockpot
2 cloves garlic, crushed

Marinade for Chicken: 1 tsp. corn-starch dissolved in 3 Tbsp. dark soy sauce (1 syn)
Wedge of lime

Pad Thai Sauce:
3 Tbsp. sweetener
Ground white pepper

Method

Make pad Thai sauce by combining the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Stir well to dissolve tamarind and sweetener & set aside.
Place chicken slices in a small bowl. Stir together the marinade and pour over chicken. Stir well & set aside for a minimum of 30 mins.
Warm up a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add frylight plus garlic & minced chili, if using. Stir-fry until fragrant (30 seconds). Add marinated chicken. When wok/pan becomes dry, add the chicken stockpot, stirring to keep the chicken frying nicely 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
Add the noodles, & beans, pour the Pad Thai sauce over. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. If you find your wok/frying pan too dry, push noodles aside & add a little more frylight to the bottom of the pan. Add the bean sprouts & continue frying 1 more minute, or until noodles are cooked. Taste-test for seasoning, adding more fish sauce until desired flavour is reached. Toss well to incorporate. Serve with generous amounts of fresh coriander, spring onion, & chopped nuts. Add fresh lime wedges to squeeze over each portion.
Pad Thai (Small).JPG

Pete’s Pad Thai (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1/2 cup fresh coriander
1 Knorr chicken stockpot
2 cloves garlic, crushed

Wedge of lime

Pad Thai Sauce:
3 Tbsp. sweetener
Ground white pepper

Method

View attachment 134638

My mouth is watering just looking at it! Thanks Pete!

Hi Pete I was going to do your knorr curry tonight but haven't any passata can I use a tin of chopped toms
Do u think instead? X

Yes no problem, I use whatever is in the cupboard! You might need to boil off any excess liquid, that's the only difference.

Best one to date!

Pete’s Baked Bean Curry Loaf -3
(2014)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr Curry Flavour pot (2syns/4=0.5 syn per person)
2 Eggs (ff)
120g packet of Sainsbury’s Indian style curry savoury rice (ff)
400g Baked beans (ff)
6” cake tin
S & P

Method

Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, when cooked drain in a sieve.
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Open a tin of baked beans and mix the Knorr flavourpot with them, add the rice & allow to cool, season well.
Mix all together & tip into a 6” cake tin, lined if not non-stick. Cook for 20-25 mins then insert a skewer, if it comes out clean, it’s cooked, if not cook for a few minutes more.
Tip out of the tin & allow to cool, slice with care as it is crumbly!
Tastes lovely hot or cold!

Baked Bean Dahi (Small).JPG

hello Pete
I am new to SW but have done various diets over the years, I will try these soups as I find that they get me through the working day better than anything else, which one is your favourite.

Jayne

Thanks Peter for taking the time to type up and share your recipes, have been on SW for approx 10 weeks now and have been guilty of repeatedly having the same meals and am getting bored so your recipes will really inspire and help.

Hi jayne.
I like this one the most.

Pete’s Roasted Pepper & Tomato Soup (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 Garlic Clove (sff)
1 Carrot (s) (sff)
1 Celery Stick (s) (sff)
2 Red Peppers (s) (sff)
200mL Vegetable stock
400g Chopped Tomatoes (s) (sff)
S & P

Method

On a gas flame, blacken the peppers then put them into a plastic bag, seal the bag & allow to steam.
After a few minutes, remove & clean the blackened skin off, remove the seeds then add to the food processer, with the onion, garlic, carrot & celery stick.
In a saucepan, sprayed with fry light, add the chopped up ingredients & cook until soft, add the tomatoes, stock, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20 mins, remove from the heat & using a hand blender reduce the soup to a smooth constituency. Season well & serve in a warmed bowl.

Roasted Pepper (Small).JPGRoasted Pepper Soup (Small).JPG

Hi Diamondintherough!
Welcome to Sw and this forum,you can download the index of all my recipes by following the link, please enjoy them, feel free to change them to suit what ingredients you have, if you find it makes it better then tell us all!
Good luck on your journey, I've reached the end of mine....
Pete

Back