Pete's Recipe Book

Making the pan fried chicken.....

P1000036.jpgP1000037.jpgP1000038.jpgChicken leek mushroom & mustard.jpg

I have just spent the whole weekend on and off flicking through your recipes. You really are an inspirational man, why haven't the slimming world magazine team done a double page spread on you? and you /they should surely be publishing a book of these recipes and photos! Carry on with what you're doing - you are making a difference to so many of us. God Bless You.

Here it is:

Pete’s Peanut Butter Curry
(2013)

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Not suitable for people with nut allergies

Serves 2

Ingredients

150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp tomato puree (s) (sff)
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2cm Ginger, grated
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
200mL hot water
700g Passata (s) (sff)

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion, pepper, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, coriander & madras curry, cook for 2 minutes, then add the chicken, passata & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Make up stock with the stockpot + the water & add the tomato puree to the pan, mix well. Reduce the heat when boiling, simmer for 10 mins then add the peanut butter, mix well and continue to simmer for another 10 mins.
Serve with rice, (dyed with turmeric if liked) & side salad.

View attachment 101241[/QUOTE]

Pete’s Stand “N” Stuff tortillas (2014)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr dark beef stockpot
1 Tbsp. Worcester sauce
1 Tbsp. dried thyme
Pack of Old El Paso tortillas (bowl shape) (4 syns per “bowl”)
3 Medium potatoes cut into wedges (ff)
250g Lean beef (ff)
400g Red kidney beans (s) (ff)
400g Chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
S & P

Method

In a saucepan, cook the wedges for 5 mins, drain then in a single layer, place on a flat oven tray, spray with frylight then sprinkle with your favourite seasoning, cook for 30 mins in an oven at 180C.
In a frying pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the onion until they are soft. Add the mince & cook until the meat is browned, add the Worcester sauce & dark beef stock, cook for a few mins, add the tomatoes, thyme & red kidney beans, season, cook until the liquid has almost gone & the beef is cooked.
Take 2 of the tortilla “bowls” & heat in a microwave for 30 secs only plate up with a small side salad.

Tortilla bowls.jpgTortilla chilli.jpg

Last edited:
Pete’s 1 Bite strawberry cupcakes (2014)

(Based on a SW recipe)

Makes 36 cakes
1.5 syn each

Ingredients

½ Tsp Strawberry flavouring
2-3 Drops of vanilla essence
3 Eggs (ff)
6 Heaped Tbsp. of sweetener
60g Low fat spread (12 syns)
110g self raising flour (18 syns)

To Decorate

8 Level Tsp of icing sugar plus extra for dusting (8 syns)
A couple of food colouring
Fresh strawberries cut into chunks (s) (sff)

Method

Preheat the oven to 160C; put paper cases in a mini muffin tin. Whisk together the eggs, low fat spread & sweetener, Sieve the flour & fold in the flour, add the vanilla essence & strawberry flavouring
Spoon into the paper cases & bake for 25 mins, remove & cool on a wire rack.
Mix a few drops of water with the food colouring with the icing sugar, spoon on the cakes, Garnish with the strawberries then dust with icing sugar if required.

P1000050.jpg

Wow!! Have just spent the past 3 hours looking through all these recipes and I am so excited to try them! Feeling rather hungry after looking at all that tasty food! Pete, you are an absolute legend for creating this thread :king:

Sorry no!
Pete

Hi Pete,

I have followed your thread for a few years now and have read how popular your Peanut Curry is. Well I tried it for myself tonight and it was absolutely gorgeous! My daughters aren't too keen on peanut butter so I split the curry in 2 and put it in ours and I must say it was delicious either way. Even my husband, who prefers jars of sauce said it was better than a jar.

Well done & thank you.

I absolutely love your recipes and shall definitely be trying a whole heap of them.

Also love the idea of photographing meals - shall be giving that a go and posting them on here, though I doubt they will be to your fabulous standard!

Clare
x

Tried the McDonalds Trio this week Pete, fantastic, thank you for another great recipe

Loved the peanut curry! I made it yesterday and I'm going to have it for tea tonight but my question is, will it keep ok for another day so I can have it for tomorrow's tea aswell?

Thanks x

Back