1 Onion, finely chopped (s)
2 Large Marie Piper potatoes (p)
3 Garlic cloves (s)
4cm Ginger, grated
100g Frozen peas (p)
400g Chopped tomatoes (s)
615g Skinless Chicken thighs (p)

Method

Cut the chicken into small pieces, put in a glass bowl, juice the lemon & pour over the chicken, add the turmeric then mix together, cover & refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
In a frying pan, sprayed with frylight, add the seeds & heat until they “pop”, add the cumin, cinnamon, curry powder, stirring to prevent them burning.
Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, onion, cook for a few minutes then add the chicken, tomatoes, mix & cook for 15 mins.
Meanwhile cut the potatoes into small cubes & cook for 5 mins then drain & add to the chicken, cover & turn the heat to low , simmer for 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked. Add the peas 5 mins before finishing.
Serve with rice of your choice.

Chicken & Potato Curry (Small).JPG

Pete’s Lamb Keema (2015)

Serves 4

Ingredients

½ Lemon juice (s)
½ Turmeric
1 Onion, finely sliced (s)
1 Knorr Curry flavourpot (2 syns/4=0.5 syn per person)
1 Knorr Vegetable stockpot
2 Garlic cloves, crushed (s)
2 Chillies (s)
4cm Ginger, grated
100g Frozen peas (p)
400g Chopped Tomatoes (s)
400g Lean lamb mince (p)
(Waitrose essential British lamb mince lean typically 10% fat) (0.5 syn per 100g)
(Tesco lean lamb mince less than 16% fat) (3.5 syn per 100g)
Handful of fresh Coriander

Method

In a frying pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the onion until soft, add the garlic, chilli, turmeric & ginger, cook for a few minutes, add the stockpot & mix, add the mince & cook until its browned, braking up any lumps. Add Flavourpot & mix.
Add the tomatoes & cook for 20-25 mins until the mince is cooked; add the coriander, peas & lemon juice.
Serve with rice & veg. of your choice.

Lamb Keema-2 (Small).JPG

Pete’s Sweet Potato & Leek soup (2015)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s)
1 Leek, chopped into small pieces (s)
2 Sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped into cubes
500ml cold water
S & P

Method

In a deep saucepan, sprayed with frylight, cook the onion until soft; add the leek, sweet potato & stockpot.
Mix well until stockpot has melted, add 500ml cold water, bring to the boil, reduce heat & cook for 20 mins.
Remove from the heat & using a hand blender, reduce to a smooth soup, season to taste.

Sweet potato & leek soup.jpg

Thanks Pete, this sound yummy. Just one question, as sweet potatoes vary so much in size [well in Ireland they do!] approx what size did you use. Thanks so much for all your fantastic recipes :)

Pete’s Mexican sausage & beans (2014)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr Mexican flavourpot (1.5 syns/4=0.375 syns per person)
1 Tsp rosemary
2 Rashers of smoked bacon, finely chopped (ff)
4 Sainsbury’s B.G.T.Y. sausages (4 syns/4= 1 syn per person)
400g baked beans (ss) (ff)
400g Cannelloni beans (s) (ff)
400g Haricot beans (s) (ff)
500mL Passata (s) (sff)

Method

Cook the sausages in a pan, sprayed with frylight, remove from the pan, and cut each sausage into 4 pieces, set aside.
In a casserole dish, sprayed with frylight, cook the onion until soft, add the bacon, sausages, all the beans & the flavourpot, mix together then add the passata & sprinkle the rosemary over the top, bring to the boil then reduce the heat & cook on a “Eco” setting in the oven or set to 90C, cook for several hrs, serve with rice.

View attachment 158919

Hi pete, really like the look of this! But i might adapt this recipe as a mexican breakfast? I'd remove the sausages, add cubed potatoes and sauté at the beginning and to finish off, add 2 eggs on top and cover untill cooked.

Just a suggestion. Obviously not everyday but as a weekend treat? :) it's almost a Huevos Rancheros. :) xx

Hi Moideux.
The ones I used were approx 10cm long!
Pete

Pete’s Egg Custards (2015)

Serves 6
Free if you use your Milk as Hea

Ingredients

3 Large Eggs (p)
350mL Skimmed Milk (1Hea)
4 Heaped Tbsp sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg

Method

Preheat the oven, set at 150c.
Warm the milk, whisk the eggs, vanilla & sweetener.
Pour the warm milk onto the eggs mixture, stirring as you go.
Pour into ramekins and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Use a tin with a wire tray inside, place the ramekins on it and fill the tin with boiling water until it is halfway up the ramekins.

Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 mins or until they are set.
Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.

Custard Cakes-1 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Pete’s Macaroni Cheese & Broccoli bake (2015)

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ tsp English mustard
1 Broccoli head, cut into florets (s)
60g Strong cheddar cheese (2Hea/2= 1Hea per person)
100g Macaroni pasta
395g ASDA smart price macaroni cheese (3 Syn/2=1.5syn per person)
S&P

Method

Empty the contents of the macaroni cheese into a food processor & reduce the contents to a paste.
Boil a saucepan of water, when hot add the macaroni & broccoli, cook for 10 mins, drain & set aside.
In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together, keeping half of the cheese.
Pre-heat the oven to 180C & prepare an oven-proof pasta dish, empty the contents of the mixing bowl into the pasta dish & cook for 20 mins, covered for the first 10 mins, sprinkle the remaining cheese & cook for a further 10 mins until the topping has started to turn brown.
Maccaroni & Brocolli bake(Small).JPG

Hi Pete, just to let you know that i have subscribed to your blog, there are some lovely recipe ideas here that i cannot wait to try out :drool: lol

Hi Nazia.
Welcome to my recipe page, please enjoy my recipes as I have done!
Just remember to check the syn value of the older recipes as sometimes they change when SW bring out the latest book, I am updating as fast as possible but as you can see I have a few to do!
Pete

Pete’s Egg Custards (2015)

Serves 6
Free if you use your Milk as Hea

Ingredients

3 Large Eggs (p)
350mL Skimmed Milk (1Hea)
4 Heaped Tbsp sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg

Method

Preheat the oven, set at 150c.
Warm the milk, whisk the eggs, vanilla & sweetener.
Pour the warm milk onto the eggs mixture, stirring as you go.
Pour into ramekins and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Use a tin with a wire tray inside, place the ramekins on it and fill the tin with boiling water until it is halfway up the ramekins.

Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 mins or until they are set.
Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.

View attachment 164608

Making these today, looking forward to them

Pete’s Pasta, Bacon & Cheese bake (2015)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely sliced (s)
1 Chilli (s)
1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
4 Slices of Bacon, cut into small pieces (p)
60g Cheddar, grated (2Hea/2=1Hea per person) Or (12 syns/2=6 syns per person)
75g Pasta
100g Mushrooms, sliced (s)
400g Chopped tomatoes (s)
S&P

Method

In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the pasta “al dente” (5-8 mins), drain & set aside.
In a frying pan, part-cook the bacon for 5 minutes, remove & set aside.
In the same frying pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the onion & chilli until soft, add the stockpot & mix well. Add the bacon & the mushrooms; cook until the mushrooms are soft. Add the pasta, herbs, salt & pepper, cook until almost all the liquid has been absorbed, and sprinkle with the cheese then place under a hot grill until the cheese has melted.
PBC Bake (Small).JPGPBC Bake-2 (Small).JPGPBC Bake-3 (Small).JPGPBC Bake-4 (Small).JPGPBC Bake-5 (Small).JPGPBC Bake-6 (Small).JPG

I joined Slimming world at the end of January and stumbled upon this page while looking for something else. It's packed full of great ideas, so I've subscribed.
The recipes/photos look amazing and I'm really looking forward to making them and loosing weight. The egg custards look gorgeous and unusually, are a nice syn-free treat when I have a sugar craving!
Thanks Pete, you're an inspiration! :D

hi everyone, just wanted to say well done pete on keeping this page going with regular updates, i follow you on facebook as well.
just a quick question, have you done any recipes on the sp yet plz? im struggling with what to serve with each meal
thanks

Hi Pete

Just wanted to say your cheese bacon pasta bake is currently bubbling away. Can't wait to try it, smells delicious!

Back