Pheonix's Diary

I know what you mean Phoenix. When I look in the mirror (clothed!) I feel ok and don't feel like I want to lose a stack more weight. When I'm not clothed I see many bits that I want to be slimmer so I'll carry on for a bit longer and see if I can lose a bit more of that. Hope you have a great holiday xx

ok , back from my hols , ate what I wanted for a week , choccie , wine , baileys , absolutely no holds barred , I have actually not weighed my self for 4 weeks when I was 10.12 and I have been off plan for 4 weeks , so the damage is ....11.2.6 , I nearly fainted as I was expecting to see about 11.7 , its also 6pm when I weighed and Im fully dressed , so hoping my naked weigh in the morning will be even better news , I cant believe Ive been eating pretty much whatever I like for 4 weeks and only gained 4.6lbs Phew !!

will log my morning weight tomoro and every day , starting back on plan in the morning

Ive got a clear run of about 6 weeks until next holiday June 2nd , so Id quite like to get down to 10 stone but Im dreaming obviously as things never go quite so smoothly

weighing the next morning I was 11.1.2 and 3 days on i still am so havnt lost a bean and im being pretty good , not 100% but almost , should have lost something by now , its been 4 days back on plan
Im having the longest period in history , 10 days so far , stopped then started again, the diet perhaps
the bloated feeling is coming and going too , but feel almost back to normal , ie pre pig out
very confused.com why arent i losing my water stores
must try harder to be 100%

Last edited:
Glad the damage was not too bad from your hols. Hopefully after your mammoth period your body will regulate. Well done for having a fun holiday though- we are dieting but still need normality. Good luck this week, hope you stay on track.
julia

10.13.6 this morning

so Im 3lb down since Friday , finally managed a 100% day yesterday so hopefully it will start to come off

Well done on the 100% day and on being back into the 10s :) youre on a roll now x

Thankyou Laura , quiet around here these days isnt it ?

well thrilled that i managed another 100% day , although ill probably get thrown out of slim and save soon as yesterday was porridge and a bar then 2 atkins bars whcih are delicious but not s and s of course

felt a bit bloated and thought maybe 3 bars in one day was not a good idea

but this morning ive lost another 1.4lb so thats almost 5lb since friday , and must be in ketosis anytime soon

just ordered 6 weeks of porridges as i love them and often have 2 per day, im totally off savoury things at the moment , not sure why but i have plenty of chilli and bol to keep me going now for the duration of this stint of 6 or 7 weeks

i think when i reach goal i will still use the porridge and the atkins bars as meal replacements

i definitely look at carby foods with a very suspicious eye now and it stood me well last week on my holiday, i put my small gain of about 3lb this last month off plan to my new approach to balancing out protein , carbs and veg on my plate

perhaps i feel a real change happening :) which will now stay with me for life

Yay! Found your diary! Couldn't find it in the pile!

10. 10. 4 this morning
thats 7lb since I restarted , almost 2 weeks ago , had difficulty restarting and couldnt quite hit 100% for the first 4 or 5 days but got thee in my own time , had a horrendous 5 day sts which really tested my patience but i stuck with it and happily have lost twice in the last 3 days

Im doing a combination of slim and save meals and atkins bars , 4 a day on a good day , 5 on a not so good day
seems to be doing the trick and for once im staying in ketosis , thanks to the net carbs of the atkins bars keeping my carbs very low , even if my calories do go a bit high some days

logging on mfp is an absolute life saver too, and the support and advice is great

if anyone wants to add me im pheonix2010 , same name as on here

You must be so pleased to be losing again! It's good that you've found a combination of packs which work for you. I don't dare try the Atikins bars as I suspect I will like them too much!

I spoke too soon weasey , overate yesterday and put a lb back on
had 4 bars , 4 eggs , 2 cans of tuna and porridge
could have been worse , at least its all low carb stuff , calories totalled about 1400
im bloated and constipated again so ill put the lb down to that rather than fat

but ive had a couple for really tough days , just craving all kinds of things and hungry , but not physically hungry just
an overwhelming desire to stuff my face and have that full feeling , im sure its just psychological , but its so hard to ignore

hopefully ive learnt my lesson and putting on that hard earnt lb is punishment enough

i think its a 2 week slump that i usually hit , and i just need to power through it , the weather hasnt helped , stuck indoors with toddlers all week , going to keep myself busy around the house all weekend and get back on track , at least now i know i can do it , up until now ive actually found this combination really easy to stick to , I have 5 weeks to lose 11lb so now is not the time to start dicking around , im so desperate to be 10 stone , i have organised a weekend away for about 120 people , have to chair our agm and all eyes will be on me . plus my son is coming who hasnt seen me since xmas and i want to make him proud

too much riding on this , not least my self confidence :)

Well done on eating the right stuff! It's so easy when u have a tough day to just stuff your face with any old crap! Good luck you have done great so far! And that 1lb can be shifted

Xxx

Yep - you should be proud of what you chose to eat - so well done. Addressing why you wanted to eat is obviously also going to be helpful. I like to come up with different coping strategies and try them whenever I find myself wanting to eat more. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't but I'm learning more about what works for me.

well after a bit of a break and not doing too bad hovering around the 11stone mark , ive just had 2 weeks completely off any kind of sensible plan

The result being that im now 11st 5, Eeek

Well could be worse , anyway Im trying to get back on , have tried everyday for the past week or so if the truth be known and I get to about 9pm having stuck to plan then it all goes to pot , my late night weak spot again

Ive given myself a good talking to today as I go on holiday in 5 weeks and my jeans dont fit me and my tops feel a bit tight and I really dont want to feel crap on holiday

I want to lose 10lb in 5 weeks, becasue I know I feel ok and reasonably confident at about 10st 10

after that who knows , Id love to finally finish this journey and reach 10stone even but something new will have to click somewhere in my brain to get me over that 10 and a half stone barrier that i can never seem to break

What to do ??

You know that 10 lbs in 5 weeks is perfectly achievable. Try to get your head in gear. I use a couple of techniques. First of all I wrote a list of all of the reasons why I want to lose weight (the nasty real ones) and whenever I feel myself wavering I read the list and really think about each point. I promise myself that I can have whatever it is as long as my reason for wanting it is more important that the reasons on my lst - but they never are. Secondly I have a lot of mini goals and after official weigh in every week I reassess where I am against those goals which are not far away. This really helps me to feel that I'm achieving things. So getting to the next stone level, losing a number of stones, fitting a certain size, fitting a particular item of clothing, being able to zip up knee high boots, fitting into a hotel bathrobe, being able to do a certain number of push ups, etc.

Back