Pickers united support thread!

oh you mean I won't have to wear knickers that could be used as parachutes!:8855:

oh ive not picked today once :D:D:D
im so proud of myself... i have read this article about not picking and it said throughout the day repeat.. "i am great" and other positive comments to yourself and this will stop you picking as the feeling you get from food is up lifting, also reminding yourself how great you are is as well.
xxx

ok I didn't pick once! BUT......I did go out and have 2 glasses of White wine and lemonade!!!! Went out with a big bunch of girls and foe the first couple of hours was knocking the water back then just felt so out of place and everyone telling me I don't need to dry combined with the rubbish week I know I've had sucomed and drank!! Aaarrrggghhh
so mad with myself!! Still today is a new day and a new start!! Maybe a rubbish loss will give me the kick up the bum I need! I've got 1 week before I'm having a few days off so need to work hard at it so come on girls let's stay positive!!!

aaarrrggghhh ! been picking, just a nibble of an oatcake, but thats bad enough! managed to stop and not have anything else.

This diet showed me from Day One how much i picked and how unaware i was that i actually picked loads.
Starting CD, i felt like i needed to tie my hands behind my back. Strange how one unconsciously eats and nibbles. But that is why i ended up here.
I am at the end of the CD and now very aware of those unnecessary Nibbling moments, only hope those old pointless habits do not return
:eek:

how did you manage to stop picking Nibbles?
you are the same height and almost the same starting weight as me! I thought I was 11st 10lb

My 18 year old daughter is very slim,( size 6-8) and eats loads and whatever she wants, when I tell her its not fair that she can eat anything she says " I don't eat between meals and I don't pick" you think I would have learnt from her example but I don't.

how did you manage to stop picking Nibbles?
you are the same height and almost the same starting weight as me! I thought I was 11st 10lb.

I just got to the point where i had to lose weight. I think i was so determined to prove it to my hubby and friends and family, that i could lose weight. A photo shocked me so much in August.
I thought that i was the same size as someone else and the photo showed otherwise.
I started at 12st 13lbs and this morning, my scales show 9st 12lbs, so i feel i am not too worried about reaching my 9st 10lbs goal ( having moved the goal posts 3 times)
I suppose it is just the fact that the nibbles are not just cheating myself but everyone around me too. I just had to do it and the Feel Good Factor is worth every ounce of effort.
The maintaining will be the proof of how determined i am.
This diet was so easy for me, but i just reached the point in time which was the right time to do CD.

well done on the weight loss, you are an inspiration, I did really well at the start, no nibbling, then went on holiday, and since then been nibbling, not much but enough to slow down the weight loss. I'm determined to stick at it, you are right when I nibble I am cheating myself and those I care about.

I had my first nibble in 3 weeks today!! So gutted, a small piece of turkey ham. I don't even know what to think. I got some bars today and they are too rich to eat at a go so will always carry one in my pocket and nibble on it all day. Will have to, this can't happen again.:cry:

Sylvie - big hugs sweetie don't beat yourself over this! You had a nibble (of something that isn't that bad!) now you just need to move on.

Food is not the enemy, how we use it is, so pick yourself up and get back into the swing of things. For me this is the biggest lesson I am learning being on CD, is that if I make a mistake, not to compound it by beating myself up about it and therefore want to turn to food for emotional support.........I am taking control rather being controlled.

Hope the rest of you day is better!

P.s Well done on your fantastic weightloss this week!

hiya trisha - well done at ssing! just saw your ticker said 24.6 and thought I'd better advise/make you aware if you're not already, that CD say you should not SS past BMI25 as your body will be losing lean muscle (not good). You should be on the next step up now, working your way through to maintenance....

well done on getting there! you've done amazingly! just make sure you keep your body healthy and do the right thing by it :) xxx

I have nibbled today and i dunno why i did it i am so very angry now. And so thirsty. I will be back to SS tomorrow and i am going to make myself just have shakes this week instead of bars to help a quick weight loss i really want to be in my LBD at christmas.

Grrr i am raving at myself

i was awful again yesterday a few of you may know it was my 3 year olds birthday party so i was rushing round so much that i forgot to have ANY shakes or anything so i started picking at the chicken nuggets, sausages rolls and pizza!!!!!! i didnt have a great deal and it prob out weighed the not having any shakes etc but then............................................all the family went to the pub adn i ended up getting drunk on white wine and lemonade!!!! am feeling it this morning!!! hitting SS hard this week coz its sat i go to my mum and dads and i NEED them (mum) to say WOW! (long story of weight issues where my mums conserned) i was in bed at 8!! (hubby was worse!!)

SSSOOOO onto today as i said hitting it hard this week!!!!!!!!!

NO PICKING!!!!!!!!! (or drinking!!)

hey emmie, hope your hangover goes soon, you need tons of water to compensate for that!! I felt the same yesterday after I got a bit drunk on sat night (went to see sterophonics in concert!) took me til today to feel better...why do we do these things! still i had a ball so not complaining about it, although might be different story after my wi tonight (eek!) and like you i have a daughter with a birthday, tea planned for tomorrow...got to be very strong for that, might invest in some bars to get me through it.
Good luck with ss 100% this week, you'll be fab!!!

xx

Welcome to my world, I seem to have started the " Eat, Drink and be Merry" diet over the weekend...Only 1 meal a day, but loads of wine and Stella......Back on track (I hope) this morning. Luckily I don't get hangovers, must be all the practise I've had over the years.
We can do this....No more picking!

im glad im not the only naughty one!!!! WOO HOO!! feel better knowing that!!!! we can do this!!!!!!! SS all the way!! (well till sat night!!)
x x x

Back