Picking up the pieces and carrying on ...

Hi All,

Just checking in. Wow it is so gorgeous outside, we are having a lazy weekend just enjoying the garden and catching up on TV Progs on the Sky +.

WW wise I have been doing ok. Although for the first time since I started I actually felt hungry last night and have had moments today where I could do with reaching for the biccies. I know I could have them and count the points but at this early stage I don't trust myself to not eat the whole pack!! I have made do with a pear, marmite rice cakes and some hummus!!

OH is eating what I eat, all be it slightly larger portions, plus a few other bits and in 10 days he has lost 8lbs. He is so chuffed!!

Have done a few loads of washing and put it on the line to dry apart from that just been pottering around the house.

We are having a BBQ tomorrow but have it all planned what we are eating. Nice salads, chicken, and some home made burgers made with extra lean mince. Should be fun.

Have a great weekend one and all.

Wendy x

Hi, sounds like you're going great guns! That was very good resisting the KFC etc on weigh in day. I am afraid I don't have your resolve :ashamed0005: lol!

Hope you have a nice BBQ and are enjoying your wkend x

keep up the good work have a nice barbecue

Hi, sounds like you're going great guns! That was very good resisting the KFC etc on weigh in day. I am afraid I don't have your resolve :ashamed0005: lol!

Hope you have a nice BBQ and are enjoying your wkend x

Thank you Laura, I could cave right now though and we have not long had dinner!!

I have spent so many years shifting 2 stone only to put three back on its unbelievable. I need to lose weight for various reasons but the main ones are health related. I have a hospital appointment in December and I need to have lost at least 4 stone. I need to do it this time, like my title says I literally have been kidding myself for ages. Things have finally caught up with me and I need to find a way out. I need to stick with it this time, I know I can do it. Two weeks nealry done, I am aiming for at least 7lbs a month. Anymore and that will be excellent but I'm not daft, I know there will be times when I am not as strict. I feel good though, I feel in control if that makes sense?

Anyway hope your having a good weekend, we have just had an amazing hailstorm here in Kent/SE London, its over now but the stones were the size of maltesers...lol Than k God they weren'r made of chocolate would have been tempted to run outside!!

Wendy x

keep up the good work have a nice barbecue

Thank you Kim.

I have just realised how to reply using quotes so I am practising now!!

We just had a power cut here just as I was mid post!! Only lasted about 3 minutes thankfully.

Have a great evening.

Wendy x

Hi Everyone,

Well back to work and who wants to work when we have glorious weather like this? I am quite enjoying the heat in a weird way, maybe its becuase in the back of my mind I am hoping it will be last summer being this big? Who knows.
Sleeping isn't too bad, we have a fan either side of the bed and I am embarrassed to admit they have both been kept on all night for tow nights!! Naughty naughty, hate to think what the electric bill will be!!

Had a good day yesterday diet wise, on top of this at the ripe old age of 39 I am also learning to drive, well they do say life begins at 40!! Which I probably will be by the time I pass my test...lol

Today has been ok as well, been sticking with the plan, hoping for a 3lb loss this week but should be happy for at least 1/2lbs.

Having a Morrisons Eat Smart meal for dinner with some greens, I seem to be also addicted to beetroot and have been eating it almost daily along with my fave food, tomatoes, big juicy very red ones, they have to be rooom teperature for me to really enjoy them so muct remember to get a few more out of the fridge. OH is having a Tuna Steak, I am not so keen hence the ready meal, normally I would cook us both the same but it's too warm to slave over an cooker.

Tried the WW choclate slices, Didn't like them, very dry, would rather have had a smaller bit of a decent cake. Only got them becuase they were a £1.00 in Morrisons. Power of advertising I guess, in fact I don't particularly like an WW branded stuff.

Lazy evening planned, enjoyed the tennis last night but fell asleep just after 10.00pm and missed the end. I don't like Murrey but the patriotic part of me anted him to win...

Ok enough chatter, weigh in tomorrow!!! Off to start dinner as feel hungry now.

Bye all

Wendy x

Have had a good day and it was my weigh in early evening. Pleased to say I lost 3lbs. 10lbs in total now. Very pleased.

Just had dinner which was yummy, have enough points for a treat and there is a ripple calling my name in the fridge, will have to check the points but I have 6 left over so hoping that will cover it.

Hope your not too hot and bothered, it has really cooled down here and is much more pleasant.

Wendy

Hey and an EXTREMELY belated welcome well done on your fantastic weight loss so far that's great! 10lbs in 2 weeks!!! Sounds like you've got this down.

I believe ripples are 3.5 but i can't be 100% but with 6 points you defo have enough so enjoy! :) xx

:happy096: you're doing so well!! Is that 10lb in 2 weeks?! :eek: Very well done!

A ripple is only 3.5pts so you have plenty to cover it :)

It's very muggy here, not particularly sunny or anything just really 'close'

well done on your weight loss keep up the good work

Good Morning One and All...

Have been MIA for a few days as the time flies by and I end up coming on to read and not post! Naughty naughty!!

Just a quickie though as getting ready for work. Lost another 2lbs last night at weigh in. So 12lbs in total now in three weeks, not bad going. Also Time of he month started yesterday and I was worried as previously when I was dieting I would show a gain around this time.

Anyway hope you are all well and I will be back later to update my Diary properly....

Wendy x

Last edited:
Welcome to ww - yes I know how late I am and sorry for that
but I too have been MIA for a while now
great weight loss so far
if you keep this up you will be able to tick off your first two targets before too long and that will be such a motivator for you

H xx

but another reason for me wanting to lose weight is I feel I have never met my true potential in life, work, social life etc. There are so many places I want to see and exciting things I want to do and try but being so big has always held me back. I am not a shy wallflower type but I am hesitant and careful. I know losing weight does not change everything in our lives, I am under no illusion that a weight loss of 5 stone equals fabylous life but I know in my heart of hearts I would at least feel better in myself and what is more important than that?
Wendy x

Hello & welcome - sorry its belated - your words above echoed my own thoughts soo much - I feel exactly this

Went for my weigh in and had a 7lb loss. Really pleased, I really like the Group leader she is a no nonsense plain speaker and I like that kind of person.
Wendy x

Well done - this is fab x

Pleased to say I lost 3lbs. 10lbs in total now. Very pleased. Wendy

And more fab !!

Lost another 2lbs last night at weigh in. So 12lbs in total now in three weeks, not bad going.

Well done !!! You are doing brilliantly

Bev xx
Wendy x

Oh Dear I managed to slip onto page three, must remember to come in and post on my Diary as want to be able to look back in a few months and compare how I was feeling to hopefully how I will be feeling.

Went to WI tonight, Didn't stay for class as no talk tonight, pleased to say I have lost another 3lbs, so a few mile stones reached tonight.
Got another Silver 7, my 5% award for 15lbs off and also my first stone award which I will get when I go back in two weeks as on holiday next week.
Also under 20 stone which I have not been for two years so it's a good feeling all round.

Going to Butlins with my neice and two great neices for five days. We are going half board and I have vowed to either stay the same or lose over next two weeks, going to be really good between now and Monday and then really good when we get back with a little leeway whilst we are there, will also go swimming with the little ones and hopfully burn a few pounds away.

I don't feel any different though, but in hindsight it's nto until I have lost about 2 stone I start to feel it. Face feels a bit slimmer but thats about it lol. I carry a lot of weight around my middle ( worse place) but have thinner legs, so nto a good look but hey who cares!!!

So been busy at work, have been on a tainign couurse today and avoided all the pastries which was soo hard but had a very nice chicken salad wrap which was yum, waiting for OH to get in and will then have dinner and a well deserved glass of Rose.

Have a great evening.

Wendy x

You have done SO well
have a great holiday and remember to enjoy it - even if you are being careful with the food choices :)

Hi Everyone,

Well back from holiday and already two days done back at work.. Why does it go by so quick. Had a lovley if tiring week and avoided all the power failure in my area ( Kent). My DH was at home though and luckily we have a gas cooker so he was still able to do his dinner.. Bless..lol

Well food wise week went ok, although my scales showed a gain when I weighed myself Sunday Morning. I have been good fomr then though so I am hoping to STS.

The thing that is worrying me though is I never went mad, had no snacks in between meals and tried to make healthy choices, I hardly drink and had two halves of shandy whilst away, I did succumb to the lure of a Maccy D's ( Fillet of fish fries and a diet coke ) one day and a burger king meal on another day ( whopper with fries and diet coke). For breakfast had cereal most days and avoided toast, did have bacon and eggs and tomatoes some days but avoided the sausages.
Did loads fo walking so although not expecting to have lost anything I was very disspaointed that scales showed me 5lb up fomr my WW weight!!!
Now to me this means I will forever be on a diet to actually just maintain my current weight!!! Oh I don't know, I must have ate too much, probably portion control was the key. I am trying to make ammends as we speak but I feel so flippin hungry its mad!!!

Hvaing chicken breast with veggies tonight, might make some BNS Chips, tried them after reaidng about them on Fitz'z thread and they were Yummy, DH loved them as well.

Ok enough from me, WI tomorrow so the WW scale will tell the whole truth lol

Wendy x

P.S
How to I change my thread title?

hiya

good luck for WI, you sound as though you were well behaved food wise on holidays and the WW scales are very accurate as well, so dont worry too much about what your own say today (i know its easier said than done)

xx

Back