Picking up the pieces and carrying on ...

:happy096: well done on your fantastic loss you must be over the moon x x.

I just wanted to pop in and say WOW ... fabby loss :)

Hi All,

Just to let you know I lost 1.5lbs. That takes me to 2 stone exactly!!

Got my fourth Silver seven. Weighed at lunctime today at a different class as my normal one is closed. Hope the scales are right!! lol

Really want a nother good loss next week so really going for it now as on hols fomr 31st August for a week so in a way want to create some room for damage limitation, I reckon 4lbs next week would be a nice bumper whilst away just in case the halo slips!!!

Hope you are all having a fabby week, just had dinner, made a lamb biryani as its WI day lol. It was lush.

Wendy x

Been sat here an hour trying to edit and upload some pics after reading Bacardi Kims post about adding hers. Anyway have done it now, be nice to keep a record on here. Going to try and take a decent full legth pic and face shot every few weeks whilst I am losing.

Wendy x

well done !!!

fab losses xx

nice pictures you should be able to see a difference if you add every month or two or thats what im aiming to do.hope you are ok take care x x

Well Monday morning already, the weekend has flown by. It has been so gorgeous down here, like summer has properly arrived for once!!

As for me well I have had a great weekend in Broadstairs with my Sister and two friends. It was my Friends 40th birthday so eating this weekend has been a bit haywire.

Chinese on Friday night plus wine, Fish and Chips Saturday lunchtime, and then went to a lovely fish restuarant on Sunday and had more fish this time Sea Bass with scallops and fennel, oh and a side order of chips!! ( Don't ask).

Avoided more alchohol on Sat and Sun and stuck to diet coke and water.

Have done a fair bit of walking but feel bloated and my scales show me as 2lb up from my lowest weight. Really going to have to do 100% for the next three days befre WI. I think my gola of 4lb this week is out of the window, oh well it took 20 years to put on its gonna take a while to take off!!

Cannot wait to for friday as last day at work for ten days and realy really looking forward to our break in the IOW. OH is really excited as well, he does nto get as much holiday as I do and I have had a few nights away with my friends etc and he tends to miss out a bit so looking forward to spoling him, he really is wonderful and I am a very lucky woman to have him.
In fact my sister joked to me while we were away that I fell on my feet when I met him ( Internet dating lol) way back in 2003 just after my Mum passed away, I like to think she sent him to me to make me happy.

Oh dear waffling now, must be off, duty calls.

Have a great day.

Wendy x

hi there just passing ,thought id say hi and i hope you have a nice 100% week. i used to wish the weight would come of quicker but as you just pointed out it took a lot of years to put it on (i just hope it doesnt take that long to come off hehehe)x x

Hey just popping in to say well done on your amazing weight loss to date you are doing sooo well. :) I hope you get the 4lbs you are after this week. xx

Hey Ladies..

Well hanging my head in shame, my weekend of excess has caught up with me and I gained 1/2lb at WI tonight!!! I know it's not much but very dissapointed in myself.

However it has made me more determined not to gain whilst on hols, so going to be 100% between now and Monday with a small amount of leeway whislt away but have decided not to drink ( Not a huge drinker anyway) so not a real hardship to be honest.

We are going half board and I do have the tendancy to think Ive paid for it I am getting my moneys worth but you know what... I am going to be so different on this holiday. There's a pool so hoping to get in a few swims and we will be doing lots of walking so will take my ped to keep me on the straight and narrow, my sister who is coming with us along with my Dad and 2 friends is also a WW so she will be watching what she eats so hopefully between us we can both come back and stay the same at least.

Had lasagne and garlic bread for dinner and have just had a chocolate eclair, feel a bit sick to be honest!! Let this be a lesson to all of us!!

Have a great week.

Wendy x

Last edited:
Aww don't worry about your tiny gain. You will have that off again in no time. Have a lovely time away and good for you for changing your half board attitude. xx

dont be worrying about half a pound it will be gone again by next week take care x x

HI All,
Back fomr hols and also back to work. JUst a quick update, had a fabulous holiday, did loads of walking went swimming three times and really had a good time.

However I did avoid alchohol and didn't have ice creams or cakes during the day but food wise I ate quite a bit, in fact one day I felt physically ill becuase I had eaten so much at dinner!!!

When will my brain catch up to the way of thinking I want it to do!!!

Anyway after hoping to at least not gain I have done, officially 2.5lbs but having been good since Monday and WI was last night my guess is it was more like 5/6lbs gain!!!! SO another hard lesson learned, in fact was actually not going to WI last night but thought well its paid for (monthly pass) better go and face the music!! Leader was quite inspirational in her talk last night and I was not alone in showing a gain, there were a few of us with unhappy faces!!

SO onwards and upwards, 14 weeks to Christmas, got a target of at least 1lb a week and who knows what will happen.

Be back later for a proper read.

Wendy

glad you enjoyed your holiday and it wasnt much of a gain to say youve been on hols, hope you have a good 100% day ,take care x x

i agree with kim-2.5 is brill to say you were on holiday so dont be too hard on yourself!

goodluck for next weeks wi :)

Glad you had a great holiday
I too have just got back from holiday with a gain (a little bigger than yours I might a add - well a lot) your goal of a pound a week is sensible and achievable - good luck

HI Everyone,

Just a quickie as busy at work today so just a sneaky peak at Mini's.

WI was Wednesday night and pleased to say I lost 4lbs. Deffo back on track now. So lost the 2.5lbs I gained and another 1.5lbs.

Hope you are all having fun and being good.

Wendy x

Back