Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Picture yourself slim...

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by shenzi, 30 June 2011 Social URL.

1. shenzi

shenzi Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red/EE/Green
    :confused: Evening all,

I was just wondering whether anyone else actually can do this?? I have never ever been slim so when people say to me picture yourself slim mentally i cannot do it, I have no idea what i would look like if i weighed a few stone less. I really wish there was a pill that I could take that changed me to slim just for a few minutes so i could get that image in my head and work with it but as far as i know there isnt!!! Is this just me or can other people easily see themselves with a few stone off, also if you have any ideas that may help with my vision i would very much grateful! :confused:

Have a nice night all and good luck for tomorrow and the many days to come. :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. curvesncurls

curvesncurls Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.5lb(20.29%)
    Diet:
    Primal with Kettlebells
    I've had major probs with this too. I couldn't visualise myself slim cos I've always felt huge. Even looking back at pics where I must weigh less than my target weight, I'm covered up and look bigger than I was. I found weightmirror.com good for this. It's free. You upload a pic and it slims you down. I did it with a pic of me going to a friend's wedding last year. Felt rotten, but it gave me the start to see myself as slimmer, but still curvy (hence the username - was determined to change a "fat" mindset to curvy)!
    HTH

4. shenzi

shenzi Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.18%)
    Diet:
    Ooh thanks curves ill have a look at that just what i needed! My username is normally always curvyems on everything but i thought this time new start new diet new name, have never wanted to be skinny skinny curvy 14/16 would be perfect for me i think!

5. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What a sensible approach to your new diet. So achievable and more importantly, maintainable.

Good luck. I am sure you will achieve your goal.

6. fairy3853

fairy3853 Full Member

Start Weight:
    107.73kg
    Current Weight:
    107.73kg
    Goal Weight:
    85.73kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    A few years back when I was doing WW, there was an advert in the mag for a photo company on line who actualy could send you a picture with you looking 3 stone lighter. You just emailed them a current picture of you and they would "slim You down". I know it was prety expensive, bout £30.00 from what I remember, Ill do a search this afternoon see if I can find the web page.

Might be helpfull...

7. Bellevie

Bellevie Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.46%)
    I've got photos of my in younger days but they feel a bit detached from where I'm at now. To be honest the thing I've found most helpful these past few days is looking through the photos on here; I think it's amazing to see how people change and super motivating; will be checking in a few times a week to keep me going I think!

8. shenzi

shenzi Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.18%)
    Diet:
    I look round my class when they say people have lost 5 stone and they are at target but i would have never have thought they could have been big before hand hopefully one day that can be me! X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.