Pictures of meals and nibbles

can i just ask, what's the carb count on celeriac? am currently back doing cd but will def be coming back to atkins in 2 weeks time, been watching this post and the recipies look so lush am def going to be cooking them can't wait!!!!

can i just ask, what's the carb count on celeriac? am currently back doing cd but will def be coming back to atkins in 2 weeks time, been watching this post and the recipies look so lush am def going to be cooking them can't wait!!!!

from google..

Carbohydrate and Fiber Counts for Celeriac (Celery Root)

• ½ cup raw celeriac* : 4 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 21 calories
  • 1 oz. raw celeriac: 2.5 gram effective (net) carbohydrate plus .5 gram fiber and 12 calories
  • 4 oz. (¼ lb.) raw celeriac: 10 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 47 calories

got my celeriac. having them later with my lamb stew!

Anyway just made toasties cheese and ham with my oopsies :)
18042010011.jpg

Your getting good at this Vicky. Did you just cut in half and toast, or was it a foreman special?

i might have to go to the big tesco extra see if they have it. trawled sainsburys, asda and little tesco. Do morrisons do it?

Tesco have it, I don't have a tesco extra, just a 'normal' sized one, lol

I've just looked a the label on my celeriac. 2.3g of carbs in 100g, so very good.

that toastie looks lush

i going to try making then this week , when i get some cream of tarter ,

going to make sweet and savoury one

how long do they keep for after ???? thats if they last that long LOL

i got my celeriac. at sainsbury's on line

i just fried in olive oil , they were really nice , good alternative to chips , i had them with a curry

oh my, so little carbs in celeriac, will def be doing them and the oopsies look soooo good, i'm temped to come out of cd sooner than i thought....lol

Cream of tartar should be in the home baking section. I find a good tip is to check at supermarket's online section - if you search for the item it tells you which aisle that sshop stocks it in :)

Just made the oopsies - they tasted awful, so eggy :( and the mim was very earthy - I used Prewett's flaxseed - is there a better one?

Cream of tartar should be in the home baking section. I find a good tip is to check at supermarket's online section - if you search for the item it tells you which aisle that sshop stocks it in :)

Just made the oopsies - they tasted awful, so eggy :( and the mim was very earthy - I used Prewett's flaxseed - is there a better one?

ooopsies are meant to be eaten with something, i tasted mine on their own and i wasnt overkeen, as you say eggy,

but with a slice of ham and cheese melted, it was quite nice :D

Just having my first oopsie. Weird, eggy, but I love it!!

they are eggy but i love them. I think you can keep for couple of days or even freeze. but mine will never last that long! Cheryl yes mr forman helped me :)

I cant wait to try. I even gives me something to take to work. Simple, so im not having to cook. Im not taking anything tonight so relying on the M&S food garage for some meat and salad or the kebab shop to stay open late for me! Bet it dosent though

Back