Pin head

misspinkkat

Can hug her knees :)
Things people say, I have had people commenting that I have lost weight, I say 'thanks' they say 'yeah you can really see it in your face' :-s great!!!!! I had a slim persons face in the first place, I swear I'm going to look like a pinhead lol
and I've dropped atleast 3 dress sizes why do people comment on my face pmsl
wondered who if anyone gets strange comments since loosing weight? Xx

Hi Kerena and Megan,

I too, have a very thin face naturally. People started telling me I looked too thin, when I was still overweight (as I am now). I'd say, "I lose from the top down and gain from the bottom up." I have thick legs, wide hips and a muffin top (roll around the waistline) at the moment... but most people think I look fine.

People (especially other women) tend to look at your eyes when they speak to you. I'll bet if you know a few pervy type guys, they'd be able to comment on your figure (in detail).

Also, you probably dressed to disguise your larger shape when you had one, so people are less likely to have realised just how big you were. The looking younger and taller are due to the weight loss -- I had a friend who got a nose job over a summer break (10 weeks off in the States) and when she came back to teach in September... everyone noticed she looked better somehow, and many thought she's lost weight! No one realized it was a nose job. LOL (As if someone could lose weight in just their nose?!)

Anyway, Kerena I doubt you'll look like a pinhead, as you are losing elsewhere and it will be proportional unless you get very thin like those runway models who look like a balloon on a stick!

MinnieMel

i got a comment from a friend ive not seen in a while..... " you dont look like you anymore" eh? who do i look like then?

Haha this thread reminds me what my BIL said not long ago. I hadn't seen him for a while and he said 'wow you have lost weight off your body now. It all dropped off your face first!':mad: Cheers:mad:

Hi Kerena and Megan,

I too, have a very thin face naturally. People started telling me I looked too thin, when I was still overweight (as I am now). I'd say, "I lose from the top down and gain from the bottom up." I have thick legs, wide hips and a muffin top (roll around the waistline) at the moment... but most people think I look fine.

People (especially other women) tend to look at your eyes when they speak to you. I'll bet if you know a few pervy type guys, they'd be able to comment on your figure (in detail).

Also, you probably dressed to disguise your larger shape when you had one, so people are less likely to have realised just how big you were. The looking younger and taller are due to the weight loss -- I had a friend who got a nose job over a summer break (10 weeks off in the States) and when she came back to teach in September... everyone noticed she looked better somehow, and many thought she's lost weight! No one realized it was a nose job. LOL (As if someone could lose weight in just their nose?!)

Anyway, Kerena I doubt you'll look like a pinhead, as you are losing elsewhere and it will be proportional unless you get very thin like those runway models who look like a balloon on a stick!

MinnieMel
lol the nose job bit, funny things people do or dont notice lol
hope you are right about the pinhead thing lol xx

i got a comment from a friend ive not seen in a while..... " you dont look like you anymore" eh? who do i look like then?
lol how funny, I'm quite looking forward to not looking like me anymore :) xx

Haha this thread reminds me what my BIL said not long ago. I hadn't seen him for a while and he said 'wow you have lost weight off your body now. It all dropped off your face first!':mad: Cheers:mad:
lol charming lol xx

I think that as I lose weight I am starting to look the way I "think" I look. When I was at my heaviest, I would walk past a shop window and catch my reflection and be shocked at how big I was! When I was looking I'd forget. I used to joke and say, "I have reverse anorexia... I think I'm thin when I'm not." Now, I know that I need to lose and am going by BMI and being fit.

MinnieMel

I'm starting to get a bit pissed off with it TBH, when I'm out with my OH. She has lost the best part of six stone herself which is bloody fantastic in anyone's book, but people have tended to home in on me, remark on how much I've lost and how well I'm looking and then refer to my OH almost as an afterthought, as if it's 'oh, I'd better gee her up too'.

It's not good. My OH is a lovely, glamorous lady who always pays meticulous attention to how she dresses and does her make up, hair etc. And with her new figure she absolutely looks a million dollars. And I'm a scruffy jeans and T-shirt man, and it's actually starting to get *me* down.

It's better when we go places where we don't know people :D

I know what you mean; I lose a lot of weight from my collar bones so people think I'm slimmer than I am! Grr, wish more weight would come off from other places.

Hi Jim,

Is it possible that people feel more uncomfortable commenting on a woman's weight? It is sort of a no win situation -- if you say, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight and look fabulous." She might think, "What? You thought I was a fat slob before?"

I am not saying at all that your wife would react that way, but I know that a lot of people would say nothing to me until someone else did. It was almost as if they were embarassed to bring up how overweight I was previously. Sort of like it was something of which to be ashamed.

Perhaps, she should take the compliments on her dress, outfit, etc. as a subtle way of praising her overall accomplishments.

She is lucky to have you, as you are so proud and supportive of her. (My OH is very good, as well. And, I have read a few postings on Minimins that reminds me that not all of us are blessed with supportive partners.) And, thank goodness, that we are doing this for ourselves and not for what other people think or say.

MinnieMel

Last edited:
I keep being told I should stop now or ill be too thin! i want to loose another stone!

Hi AlyB,

I think this happens a lot -- and it is probably because people are not used to you being normal size, so you look thin to them.

MM

Hmm, I've been through a bit of a flip-flop recently. I wanted to lose more weight, then decided I'd eat sensible calories and tone up. But now I'm running 5km per session I feel like I'm holding myself back by lugging unnecessary weight around, so I'm back to wanting to lose a bit more weight again.

Trying to find a reasonable calorific balance is a nightmare! Too little and I'm not getting enough fuel for my exercise. Too much and I'll put on weight.

Grrr, why do we have to worry about this stuff!!!

Love this thread, my hb says he doesn't want me looking gaunt again, like mm I am naturally thin faced and if he and others care to remember below the thin face were big bangers and tummy even at bmi 24. So at least if asked so why the long face I can say coz I'm peeped off with people focussing on my face not my bmi x

Well said Mrs. T,

That is my mantra... I have to BE healthy, not just look it!

MM

P.S. Does Mr. T ever say, "I pity the fool." lol

its a tricky one eh!!! ive noticed my neck looks a bit wrinkly!! not liking that, but I thinks thats not helping! I'd take a wrinkly neck to 3 stone any day!!
Its lovely to get the nice comments, but when i mention the next (and last) stone they look at me in horror!!!
my plan is to maintain with ww as im a gold member, and i want to achieve the weight on my gold card so I dont have to pay. Ive been that weight before obviously, but no-one commented then! Perhaps its the speed I have lost the weight too...
I know what im going to be happy at, and im not stopping yet! im still ss-ing, and will probably still have the bars when im maintaining! (im addicted!)

Hi AlyB,

I'm getting a bit of Turkey neck -- but I think it'll adjust and, if not, it beats the alternative!

MM

Back