Pineapple, thought I'd share...

I've just ordered a peeler/corer from Ebay as I ended up in A&E yesterday afternoon after slipping with a knife while trying to peel and chop pineapple on Saturday night :cry:.

Strangely enough I've kind of gone off pineapple at this precise moment in time!

I've just ordered a peeler/corer from Ebay as I ended up in A&E yesterday afternoon after slipping with a knife while trying to peel and chop pineapple on Saturday night :cry:.

Strangely enough I've kind of gone off pineapple at this precise moment in time!

oh no, hope your ok and still have all your limbs, if not think of the weight loss hehe ;)

hope all ok xx

oh no, hope your ok and still have all your limbs, if not think of the weight loss hehe ;)

hope all ok xx

I still have all my limbs but my left hand is in a bit of a mess, very swollen atm. Antibiotics, 2 lots of painkillers and a tetanus shot required. Have taken today off work as holiday to do as the Dr instructed and elevate and rest my hand to help try and ease some of the swelling. Seems to be improving compared to yesterday so fingers crossed (on the right hand as the left are not currently fully functional!) in another couple of days it'll be almost back to normal.

Weight loss would be good though as I've been a bad bug and been off plan for months. Plan on eating all the naughty things out of the cupboards during January and then start afresh, online this time though!

So in theory if i eat pineapple with my post workout protein shake it should make my body absorb the protein better/faster?

Anyone ideas if this is correct as i might start doing this.

Two ways to ensure that the pineapple you buy is ripe -

1) smell it. It should smell of very ripe pineapple. If it doesn't smell of anything, don't buy it.
2) try to pull out one of the leaves at the top. It should pull out easily. If it is a struggle, don't buy it.

They say that u should turn ur pineapple upside down for 30 mins before cutting it so that juices move all the way through #pineapplefacts

Two ways to ensure that the pineapple you buy is ripe -

1) smell it. It should smell of very ripe pineapple. If it doesn't smell of anything, don't buy it.
2) try to pull out one of the leaves at the top. It should pull out easily. If it is a struggle, don't buy it.

Thanks for that - I've never known how to tell that they're ripe.

I usually buy pre prepared pineapple as its easier but works out expensive so I bought a whole one last week and cut it all up and put it in Tupperware in the fridge. The first portion I had straight from cutting was lovely but the next day it was mushy and had changed colour. Is that normal? Any tips?
Thanks x

I usually buy pre prepared pineapple as its easier but works out expensive so I bought a whole one last week and cut it all up and put it in Tupperware in the fridge. The first portion I had straight from cutting was lovely but the next day it was mushy and had changed colour. Is that normal? Any tips?
Thanks x

You need to put some of the juice on it or lemon juice that will stop it browning

I rushed to sainsburys and got a pineapple tonight......omg I forgot how nice fresh pineapple is! Yum yum yum a whole pineapple gone between the oh and fruit bowl pack lunch tomorrow.....oops :)

Back