Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

I know what you mean. I get weighed on Wednesdays with SW. On Thursday I went to France for a day trip and I ate everything I liked! (Croissants, hot chocolate, cake, cheese, pate, crusty bread, cured ham, salami, etc..) All very delicious. As we were driving for a long time, we stopped at the Service Station and I was going to have a KFC for tea. However, I decided not to have one as the sabotaging would have gone too far.

According to my scales at home I put on 3lbs in 1 day - but... I've been really good and sticking to the plan since and I reckon by Wednesday I will have lost it all and more. :p

I will let you know! Fingers crossed.

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-9: 15.5lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Wish I lived alone, it would make this so much easier. There's custard creams, I just wana sit n eat the whole pack (which would be 2000 cals), just had 2 (120 cals)....if they werent in the house I sure as hell wouldnt even be thinking of them...

I know the feeling there, my family get home and bring back all sorts of naughty things (last week it was mini chocolate doughnuts- fortunately I don't like those ones, if it had been sugary ones I'd have been very tempted...). I find it easy enough to avoid things in the supermarket, it's when they're sitting in the fridge that I feel like I'm missing out :rolleyes:

groovy, lemme know how it goes, France is like a mini holiday, calories totally dont count on holiday, lol.

Rigby, Yep, tis bad times. In the shops it's like 'bah I don't need that' but when it's staring you in the cupboard all day every day and when you're watching everyone else eating it it's soo much harder.

Theres now also 2 boxes of sugar coated custard filled donuts....my favourite!!!

SOOO....I've been utter crap allll day, the past 2 days if I'm honest. My motivation is shot to hell, I'm falling back into the whole 'I'm fat, I've always been fat and I'll always be fat, so sod it, gimme a bikkie' thing.

I've done no exercise, since like Thursday. My brother's invited me to the gym tomorrow, but he's as skinny as a rail and I've never been to the gym before, I'm just too embarrassed. And I can't really afford it anyway....

Will get my butt back in gear.

Anyone in Gloucester btw?

Don't worry everyone has times like that, my brain is very good at convincing me that i'm the one exception to the rule and dieting won't make me any smaller so there's no point trying, you just have to try and ignore it. I hope you get back on track easily, good luck :)

you can do it hun! fortunatly for me my parents are very helpful, plus my dad was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so all chocolate and stuff are banned in my house!

Thanks guys, I'm back on track now I believe. Going shopping today and buying loads of healthy stuff so that should help.
Weighed myself today and I'd lost 3lb, so that's pretty nifty :) No idea how it happened, I'm assuming it's all of the exercise that I did last week catching up with me or something....or the scales are wrong, lol.

What's everyone up to this week?

Well done hun! That's great news!

I can't tell you how i've done until Wednesday because I can't trust my scales at home. I have to wait until I go to the SW class. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My scales show me I've lost the original 3lbs I put on whilst in France and an extra 2 lbs off. I don't believe this has happened in 4 days. Mind you, I have been extremelly good but still... I reckon my scales are wrong.:confused:

Did you go to the gym in the end? :p

aw well you dont have too long to see for sure.

no gym, lol, not brave enough for that yet, and properly broke now, bad times.
I am going for a walk in the country tomorrow though, so that should help, might have a bounce on my trampoline later.

Hi Pink, how are you today?

I know what you mean about the negative attitude of "I've always been fat, so what's the point" kinda thing... I think that most days to be honest... This weight loss thing is a total rollercoaster! Some days I don't understand why i am so fat as I think I eat well and not as much as the people around me, then other days I take a step back and actually look at what i eat and what i know about calories and then it all makes sense! I am good at convincing myself that I am doing ok :S but that's what we're trying to change and it won't happen over night so slowly but surely is the way :)

Anyway. Ha that made me laugh about the calories in bananas! I thought the same! I dont like fruit that much and have to force myself to eat it and since i've been calorie counting i've been eating it less and less as i'd rather have a bag of Skips or something for a simular amount of calories!

Oh and just a thought about all the tasty treats in the fridge, perhaps if you had a nice alternative there you'd opt for that one and not think about the donuts etc... so get some low cal desserts from the freezer section in the supermarket. I got some gorgeous Weight Watchers Banoffi Pies for the freezer that take 10 minutes to defrost and aren't many calories at all :) they are sooo yummy and really do feel like i'm being naughty :D hee.

Have a nice day today Pink :)

if im honest, i've been quite naughty all week, chocolate on sunday night after a BBQ! chocolate on thursday night and lunch out on wednesday, but its exercise that helps me lose the weight, i know you may feel embarresed about going to the gym but honestly its the best thing ive ever done.

have you not got a pay as you go gym in your area? thats where i go x

I agree with Ria, going to the gym is the best thing that I've done for losing weight. That and also joining Slimming World. I am annoyed I didn't do it earlier in my life. It's difficult because you have to be in the right frame of mind - and I never was!

But I am glad I am now. My gym is new, modern and posh (DW Sports - used to be JJB) and it costs £28 off peak per month which is a great price. Also there is no 1 year contract anymore (just 6 months). I thought I haven't got any excuse now. It's cheap and after 6 months if i'm not happy I can go to another gym. I am really happy with this gym. My spinning instructors are great!

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-9: 15.5lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Heya guys, thanks for all fo the support.
Bon, yeh I'm gona look for some low fa treats, like those activia yogurty things and such. The whole frame of mine thing is a struggle, it's exactly as you said, 'always been fat, why change' but it's the little things in life that add up to make me hate my size, like always worrying about holding myself close to the wallon the bus so I dont push against the person sitting next to me, and whether or not I can clothes shop in certain shops and whether or not I'll fit between the gap between two chairs in class, so yes, I'm fat, but I hopefully wont always be.

Ria, yeh, I'm feeling more and more as though I should go to the gym, I know it'd help massively, I mean you're doing freaking amazingly. Might need to chuck a membership on the overdraft and hope I can get a job when I get back to Cardiff in September.

Groovy, yeh, there's an all ladies gym, which I'd be more inclined to join, it's pretty basic and just in the old town hall, but it's only 150quid a year, however, I dont live in this town all year round, only during the hols, so that means I need to join a gym that has many places over the country like fitnessfirst or something, but I literally only have £30 in my account until my student loa comes in in September...might put it on the overdraft and hope for future employment, lol.

Thank you for all of your support guys, it really does make a huge difference in the way I feel about it all; you're all so inspiring and fabulous, really.

xxx

Pink you won't regret it. Believe me. And the weigh loss will be quicker which is what we all want.

Guess what? After that trip to France and all that scoffing... I got weighed yesterday and lost 7.5 lbs!!! Wooooow! I could not believe it. I am so excited!!!

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-8: 14lbs Week 9-10: 9lbs

Aw wow, well done!

Well you all wore me down, I'm joining the gym tomorrow morning, found a voucher for a free session, so I'll do that and then join, doing a 6 week trial period for £10 a week and I'll see how it goes.

Went out n bought some trainers and a sports bra (which is freaking odd by the way, my boob's have disappeared and I'm not wearing underwire for the first time in about 10 years, lol). Off to buy some trackie bottoms at Asda later.

Bit nervous about it all but yeh...

you'll be ok hun! the first time is the hardest then it becomes mush easier. well done for taking that step forward!! xx

Lol cheers, I'm pretty sure I'll be crap for the first couple of weeks, but hopefully I'll get better. I'm kinda looking forward to trying the rowing machine, and the cross trainer, although I've heard that that one's a killer.
I'll let you all know how it went tomorrow. eep!

I prefer going to the classes because I need a kick up the bum from the instructor and if I try doing things on my own (weights, cross trainer, etc) without supervision, I know I would not last 20 minutes. I need to be pushed. Some people don't need to be pushed. I admire that will-power.

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-8: 14lbs Week 9-10: 9lbs

see i'd hate to go to classes! I just enjoy doing my own thing, wouldnt like someone there watching how unfit i am! lol

I'm with Ria, I was looking at the people with trainers, some of them were shouting at them and some were just sitting staring, lol.

The gym was actually pretty cool, I had my free session and I've signed up fr weeks. I'm no where near as bad as I thought I'd be, I mean I was a bit hot n sweaty by the end, but I thought I'd be breathless and darth-vadering into my asthma pump.

I managed to do 15 mins on the rowing machine, 10 mins on the cross trainer, a few mins on each weight machine and baout 10ish mins on a wave machine (sidewards cross trainer thingy). I felt as though I could ahve done moe of each, btu I went with my mum who showed me how to do everything and I moved on when she did.

I probably wont try the stair master untill next week, just running up the 15 stairs in my house knackeres me so I'd probably embarrass meself on that, lol.

All I can say is thank God for sports bras! lol. Despite the fact I look like i have NO boobs when wearing it, I can totally appreciate it after bouncing around on the cross trainer n such.

Mum's getting a personal trainer in a couple of weeks and she promises to share the knowledge, lol. I'll share anything useful in here :)

Rahhh....i'm hyped on endorphins right now, off to do some cleaning!

xxx

Ah, endorphin white out, love it! I'm with you and Ria- setting my own goals and pushing myself. I went on the treadmill this afternoon for a long session with a little lacy bra on, (actually there isn't anything little about it, but v lacy), which was a really bad idea. The lace was quite abrasive by the end.

Back