Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

The gym's going well for you! In this heat it is even more impressive. Ah, biccies, my ultimate downfall - I absolutely love them.

Doing any thing nice this weekend?

Hey hey, so I abandoned my computer for the weekend and lazed about reading instead of actually doing anything productive, lol.

I STS when I weighed myself this week, tad miffed seeing as I've been working hard at the gym, but ahving looked at my food diary I noticed that the amount I was earting was slowly creeping up and up; so I've sorted that out.

Back to the gym this morning, the first time I've gone on my own. I did 20 mins on the rowing machine and 40 MINS ON THE CROSS TRAINER!!! Pure stubborn will I assure you, lol. I did get the giggles at 35 mins so I had to pretend that I'd recived a funny text so people didn't think I was completely bonkers, lol.

I better have a loss at the end of this week!

How is everyone?

Oh yeh, I need to admit that I ate a quarter of a cheesecake the other day (weigh day), so the 600-ish calories I burnt today pretty much all went to help burn that off....oh well, soooo freaking worth it!

Far out, forty minutes! Think of that! (And not the cheese cake slip up!) Think of all those (high metabolic rate) muscles you must be making!
I'm going pretty well. I have been treadmilling each night, and am not weighing myself until I do 100km. This should have been tonight, but I'm only up to 89km. (The treadmill is in the same room as the tele, to which hubby has been glued to watch Aussie rules footy since Thursday. I cannot bear the sound of it, so I've been missing out. We did have a brief "chat" tonight about it.) I don't know what I've been doing wrong, perhaps underestimating my calories ?, but hopefully spending more than an hour a night on the treadmill will kick start the scales.
Pink, as well as being inspired by your diet and excercise efforts, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your constantly positive comments all over the site. You seem like a thoughtful, positive and generous young lady, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who appreciates this!
Have a good day!

Cheesecake is too good to ignore. Love it. Still with all the exercise you are doing you have to be losing weight; p'raps you are gaining lots of muscle, that weighs heavier than fat!

I reckon next week you will have a big loss, sometimes it just balances out like that.

Hope you have a really good week.

I'd better have a big loss! Just sat at the table with everyone eating Chinese whilst I ate the leftovers from a healthy meal I made earlier in the week...did sneak a couple of prawn crackers though.

Lol, wow, you made me blush. I do tend to spam this site a bit yeh, it's really helped me, this is the longest sustained weight loss I've ever achieved and I do attribute a lot of my motivation to the thoughtful and helpful comments that I see and recieve on here; so I figure it's only fair that I encourage others the same way.

Oh gods, men and sports, loud sports, never good times. Could you move the treadmill or is it too heavy? I got a really cheap telly from a charity shop and set it up in the utility room (shed) where I keep my trampoline, saves me from having tv battles with everyone else.

Thanks guys :) You really cheered me up after the Chinese envy :)
xxx

ps. I totally have to start using 'far out' more often!

Hope you are having a good day today Emz! No more chinese take-away envy?

It's so hard to be around other people eating delicious food isn't it!?!

I have been lucky so far... I HATE seafood but my husband loves it, so since I have been on Jenny Craig he brings home fish nearly every night or orders sushi! But then last night he came home with brie and saucisson - my favourite naughty treats - so I know how you feel!:cry:

Good luck for a big loss this week! Your gym routine seems more impressive every day!

what im doing, because i love chinese soooo much (used to have it at least twice a week!) is setting myself a goal weight and once i get there im going to treat myself to a meal down the chinese. think im going to say 12 1/2 stone!

may be an idea to do a simlar thing, say i want to lose 2 stone then ill treat myself? then you dont feel like your losing out

My Chinese envy has faded somewhat, I just imagined how minging everyone must be feeling this morning after the greasy extravaganza.

It's so hard to resist when people in the house bring things that smell amazing that you really want and know that you can't have. But it'll be worth it in the end. We all deserve a medal I'm sure of it.

I might think about treating myself after every 2-ish stone, but with me normally if I allow myself a proper treat I start sliding downhill and allowing myself lots of little treats that all add up. I'll see how my self-control is doing lol.

Have been to the gym again this morning, I actually enjoy going alone, I don't feel pressured to get off of a machine before I'm ready becase the other person wants to leave.
I did 20 mins on the rowing machine and **45 mins** on the cross trainer! Had to really push for the last five mins, but I wanted to break the 400 calories mark :D
I think I'm going with mum tomorrow so I'm going to see if she can teach me to use some different machines. One of my mates at uni has offered to help me out at their gym with the various machinery come September, if I can afford the membership. Might be an overdraft jobby, worth it.

I hope that everyone's doing well :)

I can't believe you are doing so long on the cross trainer! good on you for resisting the chinese. What does minging mean?
I can't move the treadmill, we do have a second tele, but it's in the granny flat in the back yard, which isn't heated. (We are in a dark, cold part of winter) It is possible to take a portable heater out though! My husband has agreed to a bit more compromise, so we will see how that goes.
I think this is a great site too, really supportive!
When do you next weigh in?

Lol, I'm amazed about the crosstrainer; when I first joined here I read that someone had done 45 mins on the cross trainer and I thought they were amazing. But I just get really competitive with myself, like, I can do five more minutes than I did last time. I think I'll be sticking with 45 minutes as my upper limit for the next week or so though, aching a bit now.

Minging means like gross or disgusting, or ugly, depending on the context.

Ah I see, well hopefully the footy season will be over soon then. Could he plug headphones into the tv and you listen to music or something?
Where abouts in the world are you sorry? Lol, I just assume that everyone's British, lol.

This site really is amazing. Everyone on here is fab.

Um I weigh in on Saturday or Sunday, probably Saturday this week, it should be Sunday really, but I'm not patient enough, lol.
How about you? Where's your blog btw? I was having a scroll about on the site and I can't find anything, could just be me being special, lol.

Hi really Pink,

Lame, I know, still, I smiled. I liked your writing. If I had any critism to make at all, it would be at times it's a bit too wordy. Three adjectives, when two would convey your message. There is an Australian writer called Helen Garner, much celebrated, whose prose is quite similar. I think you would enjoy her.

I'm Australian, I live in south east Australia, where the winters are cold. We had fog, frost, and rain today, which was less than charming. Oh well, when the fog lifted the sun shone for a few hours before it started raining, I should stop whining so much.

I don't have a blog. Most days I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch, mm, and afternoon tea, I thought I might bore someone to death with a blog. It's a good thing today, because I've had a good old fashioned binge-probably a good 1000 calories, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t! I haven't done that for so long, thought I'd finally overcome emotional eating, no, it hasn't done me any good, yes, worse, I feel worse than I did before, oh sh*t!

Time to dust myself off and get cracking! Hope you are having a good day!

Hahaha really pink, yeh!
Aw cheers, yeh I'll check her out. I do have a thing with chucking in a load of adjectives, and having ridiculously long sentences, trying to sort that out. I'm glad you pointed that out, gives me something to work towards.

Aw bless, in England we're having our month of sunny weather, but I expect we'll be joining you with the rain and such soon enough.

Aw hun, what set off the binge? Well it's done now, the important thing is to get over it and move onwards; and if you still feel bad about it you can always go for an extra walk or something. Don't worry, everyone messes up and goes on a right bender. Hugs.

I'm having a lazy day today, when the alarm clock went off this morning I was supposed to get up and go to the gym, but I just couldn't make myself. So, I think I'm going to aim to go tot he gym on Mondays and Tuesdays, have Wednesdays off and then gym it again on Thursday and Friday, and then maybe one day of the weekend. I think my body needs the rest inbetween days. It does mean that I have to be extra careful of what I eat on the days I dont go to the gym, but it should be ok.

I downloaded this awesome application onto my phone called 'My fitness pal', they've got a website too but it's much more convenient on my phone. You enter in everything you eat and all of the exercise you do and it calculates how many cals you've eaten and how many you have left for the day.

What you up to today?

I think it's better not to go to the gym everyday, if you get too exhausted by it you could lose motivation and your body needs time to recuperate. Just my two cents.

I was going to use my fitness pal but I heard that it always tells you that you need 1200 calories regardless of what you enter, maybe that was just a glitch that's all sorted now.

Yeh, the rest is a good idea. I felt a bit groggy yesterday without my endorphins n stuff but my body needed the rest.

Um on mine it says that 1200 is my goal/limit for the day, every time I enter food into it it tells you how many cals you have left for the day, and if I enter exercise, I obviously have even more calories left. It's pretty good actually, I didn't realise exactly how many calories I consumed by snacking.

Been to the gym this morning, did 20 mins on rowing machine and 45 mins on cross trainer, burnt about 600 cals overall.
My mum's got a personal trainer as of next week, so she's gona share whatever tips she picks up so that might be helpful :)

Got my results from uni today, passed everything, got the equivalent of 3 As, 3 Bs and a C, pretty chuffed :)
Will really need to get bum in gear next year though! Want to graduate with a first.

How's everyone?

Had a real treat last night, had strawberries and meringue and then left a plain mini-milk to melt in it, low cal alternative to icecream or cream, was LUSH! and probably about 100 cals.

hey hun, just popping in to say hi! been catching on on your diary and looks like you're doing brilliant so far, good job the other day at the chinese! :)

Congratulations on your exam results, they are fantastic!

The dessert sounds lovely, what is a mini-milk?

Back