PinkSparklyBirdy's journey from Porker to Princess :)

Pinksparklybirdy

Good evening one and all. I wasn't going to start a diary as I never seem to stick to them, but sometimes it's nice to be able to kill a few minutes and take my mind off food, so figure it might not be a bad idea after all :D

As you can see I've been on S&S for about 5 weeks now and it's going ok - I find it weird that I still feel hungry from time to time, even when I've been 100% and am in Ketosis. When I started, I did wonder whether or not I should be doing the men's 5 item a day plan due to my high start weight, but I've been doing the 4 meals. Dunno if this has anything to do with the hunger or not. I have been having little extra bits of protein here and there if the hunger gets too bad - just a couple of slices of wafer thin chicken, which I figure are so low in cals as to be negligible. I try to only resort to it at the weekends, which are sometimes hard as my bf works shifts so I can literally be on my own for 12 hours a day both Saturday and Sunday - particularly as a food trigger for me is boredom!! I have been trying to keep myself busy - I make glass lampwork beads in my spare time, so I spent about 3 hours this morning at the torch, which was rather hot in this weather, but at least it kept me on the straight and narrow and meant I didn't end up eating my lunch until 1.30pm which is late for me.

I have been trying to drink good amounts yesterday and today - I am shockingly bad at drinking, even when not on a diet, and always have been, so fluid intake is a real issue for me. I did well yesterday but today I keep forgetting to drink so I'm trying to consciously think about it every so often. I also have a challenge in the bowel department this week - I had a really bad upset tummy the other day (the shakes sometimes do this to me) so I took some Imodium to help - and ever since then I'm now completely bunged up and nothing is shifting!!! :( I don't even have any laxatives in the house, so I'm just hoping that the veg I've had with my meals today will get something moving soon.

I hope there's no limit on water flavourings... I seem to be getting through loads at the moment!

Well, that's me for today. Weigh in is tomorrow - I'm not anticipating a huge loss, but hopefully will be a few pounds down.

Right, it's "Diary as Therapy" time. I have just had my S&S dinner... had 200g of mixed cucumber, pepper, rocket & celery with Spaghetti Bolognaise and a Diet Coke. I had my 3rd meal of the day (100g chicken) about 2 hours ago, and yet I have an overwhelming urge to go to the fridge as soon as I've finished my dinner and pick at a bit of ham or chicken or something. It's a really strong urge too. Taking a step back from it, this urge is completely illogical because:

(a) I've just eaten!
(b) I can't possibly be genuinely hungry, due to (a) above, but I'd swear on my life that I was.
(c) I'm not aware of feeling any odd emotions like boredom or anything

I am wondering if this is just a learnt response. Have I been going back to the fridge to pick, immediately after eating for so long that it's like an automatic reaction. I even got up and had a good peer in the fridge to see what was in there (even though I know full well that there's nothing to see in there as it's pretty bare). What's that about?!

I did read an article about the new low calorie Mars Bar about 20 mins ago - I wonder if that's the cause?

Ho hum. Well, writing on here is helping a bit, taking my mind off it. It has to be said though, there are times on this diet when I'd happily eat Ghandi's flip-flop!

It's just old habits hun, I'm the same. I'll still open the drudge, stick my head in there, close it again LOL

These things will pass, make a nice big drink in the meantime Xx

Well, the hunger is slightly better today.. though still feeling the urge to munch after eating, which is a bit disconcerting. A few times this week I have had a tiny bit of extra chicken about 30 mins after eating - it won't have many extra cals in it, but I still feel a bit guilty about it.

I mixed my meals up a bit today as I left it really late to have my 3rd pack at work. So I had:

Breakfast: Strawberry Shake
Lunch: Lemon Yoghurt Bar
Snack: 100g chicken and 20g cucumber
Dinner: Choc Crispy Shake, followed by 180g cucumber/rocket/pepper

I'm not a huge fan of the Strawberry Shakes - they taste really artificial to me. Chocolate is definitely my favourite!

Hey! I just wrote you a long post, infact obviously so long it decided I was no longer logged in! So its gone, arggggh sooo annoying, not the first time.

Hope youve had a good day, will come back tomorrow and try again! x

Well done for the 5wks ans your loses are great. Good luck for the weigh-in x x

Well, it's official. I am not having a good SnS week. I have been really craving real food all week long and feeling quite hungry all the time. I don't really know why... don't have a TOTM so it can't be that. Several times I have come SOOO close to jacking it in and eating a proper meal. I've overeaten nearly every day this week, but it's been a case of damage limitation. I had an extra meal on Thursday. Yesterday I had some chicken after my 4 meals. Today I had extra cucumber and celery after I've had all my meals. It's not ideal, but at least I haven't spectacularly fallen off the wagon or anything....

Hi hunnie, you may feel you've been over eating but from what youve said its all been acceptable things, its not cheeseburger and fries! Try not to be too hard on yourself, you have obviously thought about what sort of extra things you have allowed yourself and they all sound like positive choices to me. If that is what you need to do for a bit to keep you from the hunger then accept it, make it part of your plan so you don't feel like its cheating. As you said starting off at a higher weight like me you could well need that little bit extra. Hell girl its hard to carry our weight around on 500 cals a day! xxxxx

What day are you on now?

Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps you are right about the higher bodyweight thing.. I hadn't really thought about that. t I'm on Day 4 of week 6... so I guess that makes it Day 46?

Don't be so hard on your self Sparkly as you've only made good choices so you should be proud of that.
In the past you wouldn't of made such good decisions so you're learning skills for the future.
As Rachael says maybe you should just go for the 5packs a day until you get your weight down a little.
I don't think it will do much damage to be honest as you wont be eating unnecessary carbs.
Stick with it and you'll be back on track. I have every faith and look forward to hearing your weight updates x x

Thanks for the support guys, it's much appreciated. I think it's just that you hear so many people on here saying that they are 100%, that you feel a bit of a failure if you aren't!

Youre half way through wk 6 that is a reason to be proud of yourself, continue to make those good food choices to stave the hunger. Being hungry is just the pits, is there a particular time when your hungry? I used to have 2 meal packs together and 200g veg in the evening as that was my hungry time and that helped loads. I dont now as I dont get as bad, although I am hungry nearly every day and sometimes it is just a battle of wills:sigh:

You can do it, you are doing it!! xxxx

Thanks for the support guys, it's much appreciated. I think it's just that you hear so many people on here saying that they are 100%, that you feel a bit of a failure if you aren't!

Awww you are not a failure! You also hear lots who are not! Take no notice of my diary hun, Im a control freak! ;)

There's no particular time of day I'm hungry... today I was hungry when I woke up, so I had 2 packs together for breakfast. I thought that might fill me up for a while, but no, by 12.30pm I was ravenous again. I had my 3rd pack at 1.30, and then my final pack with veg at 6pm. I've felt pretty consumed with thoughts of food all day! Perhaps I've got worms! :D

I find its all timing or spacing that helps. That's why I find weekends harder

At work I don't eat anything till gone noon, sometimes as late as 2pm, ill have another pack before 5pm. Then that leaves me three for the evening (have 4 or 5 if training)

If I'm peckish ill have water first, then some veg, then last resort the pack. Tonight I did a baby cauliflower with seasoning, that tide me over till a pack around 11 since its weekend!

Splitting bars and or protein portion could help too. Fried egg with a nice mug of tea, or split bar in half

Thinking out loud, hope somethin is helpful

Xxx

Sparkly I've just noticed all your amazing loses :wow:
They are a great achievement and you should be so proud of how well you have done.
Everyone has a little wobble along the way (mine was last wk) so don't beat yourself up.
29lb in just 5wks is so much I'm just gob smacked x x

Hello all, feeling more positive today. I am going to try 3 packs a day plus protein for a week and see if that makes a difference to my hunger levels. I also think it might satisfy my lust for "real food" a bit, which is what's causing the problems at the moment. Lets see how it works out. I'm also making sure I drink loads today, and continuing to take my L-Glutamine and Chromium to see if they help with the cravings.

It helps that the plan is so flexible, can mix and match your days. I have the odd four day but mostly three and protein

Chromium is fantastic stuff

Keep it up that really helps Xx

Hey Pinksparklybird! Just been reading through your diary-well done. Our start weights were similar. Are you still feeling hungry? I noticed one thing-you said in your diary that you're having diet coke-if you drink diet coke, it may be keeping you out of ketosis as it contains citric acid-so that may explain the hunger!?! Just a thought!
Well done on your awesome weight loss! I fell off the plan at start of July after 10 weeks, and have only just got back on 2 days ago-but already lost 9.5lbs of the 18lb gain-so it truly works! Heres to getting into the teens, and into the 100's x Jo x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Back