Pixi's Diary

Thanks :). Dinner never happened in the end so I stayed at home with a really poorly husband and had steak and broccoli. Hoping he will be well enough to take me out tonight! Feeling really good atm. Finding work easier, less tired sleeping well (but waking up too early!) I do need to fit in more exercise but have worked late every night this week.

Happy friday xx

Quick Saturday morning update... Good day yesterday. Lots done at work. Had cheese for breakfast with half an avocado. Lunch was ham salad. Dinner was chinese... I had roast pork with steamed veg and some egg fu yung. Was really good!

Breakfast was left overs from last night. Planning on roasting some chicken wings with a spicy coat for lunch then it's chicken and bacon salad for dinner. I'm really dizzy this morning... Hoping I've not got the husbands germs! He is still unwell and causing havoc!

have a good weekend xx

Quick update for my own record really...

B - a random selection of crispy bacon, half an avocado and some boiled egg with some Mayo and paprika. Yes odd but quite nice!
L - half a mim toasted with peanut butter and a coffee
D - roast beef, cauli cheese and green veg.

House clean, marking finished and ready to settle in for the eve.

P x

Menus are looking yum. Although I can't have peanuts or peanut butter in the house - huge trigger foods for me (see STS this week for details)! Good luck with your next weigh in and keep posting those lovely menu ideas pixi! :)

Hi Pixi
All sounds yum & tasty:) I'm the same as Spinoza - literally can't see a peanut without trigger to stuff them in my face. My will power got tested last Tuesday and I failed miserably!

It was risky as nuts are my weakness! However I've had about a dinner knife full (standard unit of measurement) on half a mim a couple of times and all is well. It feels like a treat too. I think if it was loose nuts it may be a different story!

Its weigh in Wednesday... 5lb off this week. Bit of a shock but pleasing! So over the stone mark now and approaching 20lbs.

Yesterday was fairly standard fare:
B - 1/2 mim
L - ham and cheese
D - cheese burgers with red cabbage coleslaw

and the plan for today:
B - egg mayo with smoked paprika
L - ham and cheese again
D - chicken stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in prosciutto with spinach

Hoping its dry enough for a walk this eve. I've got cabin fever!

Pix xx

Good on you. I can't be within a hound's howl of peanuts these days or they mysteriously disappear.

I am developing a similar problem with that M&S mixed seeds and nuts thingy with soy sauce flavour. Need to stop buying them I think. ;)

Been a busy few days again. But all on track so far.

Thursday:

B - 1/2 mim (although I didn't eat it really...tasted awful I just can't get on with Splenda...going to try some savoury ideas)
L - ham and cheese
D - lamb kofta with cauli cous cous olive feta and mint

Friday:

B - cheese
L - roast beef
D - work night out at Chinese... I had roast pork and green veg with bean curd. Really good.

Who knows what today will hold... My choices are washing, ironing, cleaning the kitchen, marking Yr7 projects...

Happy weekend all

P x

Food sounding good Pix! Any breakfast consisting entirely of cheese is a great one. I was out last night for dinner too and did well - goat's cheese starter and duck breast main with cabbage/bacon and mushroom sides. It was lovely. The accompanying half bottle of chianti was also lovely, although slightly less legal, LOL!

Pixi I've never liked the idea of a sweet mim - I make mine with salt and pepper, and then add pate or cheese (or both) to make a meal of them. I'm going to try oopsies today - can't believe I've never made them before. We have no oven at present though DH hopes to rectify that situation shortly!

That sounds good. I love goats cheese. I made some flax crackers yesterday to try and get some more use out of the excruciatingly expensive bag of flax meal from h&b. They look good and are def crunchy although slightly bitter. I worked out that 3 crackers is roughly the same flax as 1/2 a mim so going to get a nice bit of cheese for after dinner tonight.

saturday:
B - omelette with mushroom, cheese and courgette
L - still full from omelette so had a cheese stick
D - lemon and thyme roast chicken with roasted cauli and spring greens

sunday:
B - scrambled egg, mushroom and bacon
L - chicken and leek bake with legs from yesterday's chicken
D - sea bass with chilie, ginger and spring onion with cauli rice.

all delicious but feel bloated and sicky this morning.... Maybe that's the thought of parents evening..?!

P x

LOL - parents' evening does that to me, and I'm only a parent - good luck! :D

Loving your menus Pixi. I had confit duck leg tonight with celeriac mash and it was just gorgeous. Made oopsie rolls for the first time too for lunch - myself and DH snaffled them all in about 10 minutes hot from the oven - result! :)

That sounds yummy. It's weigh in Wednesday and 2lb off today. Pleased again. Staying with family all of next week and I know it's going to be difficult. We will just do the best we can but there are certain events we can't avoid where there will be no options... My dads birthday paella party for example! Or my sisters birthday curry buffet! If it was just a restaurant event it would be fine but she's already chosen the options and they are not low carb friendly. we also won't be able to weigh in so coming home to those scales will be daunting.

Nothing new this week food wise. On Monday night we had lamb chops with cauli cous cous and last night was chicken and bacon salad. Tonight's plan is cod with green veg and tartre sauce.

P x

Well it's been two weeks since last weigh in.... We have been at my dads house and have done our very best to stay on plan but there were lots of events we couldn't control! My dad ordering pizza for dinner for example, or a birthday party with only sandwiches! I have just weighed in and have lost 1lb. Back on plan since Sunday so hopefully start shifting again soon!

hope everyone is well

p x

Last edited:
Ah well done u!! A lb off is brilliant! Xx

Good woman. A pound off under those circumstances is absolutely amazing!

:)

Good morning:) hope everyone is having a good week. The difference a bit of sunlight makes is amazing! I love coming home from work whilst it's still light.

Well it's weigh in Wednesday.... 5lb off this week. Delighted with this although it's not too surprising after two slow weeks at my dads. Only 1lb til the 2st mark... I can't quite believe this!

Dinner of the week was courgette spaghetti (made with a julienne peeler from Amazon) with homemade pesto (basil, parsley, Parmesan, olive oil) and grilled salmon. Yummy and so pretty too! I also had a 'coyo' (dreadful name and shocking price!) which was a nice change. It's 0.5g carb/100g so 0.625g for the pot. I don't think it will be a regular feature but I thought it may be good for a Thai curry?

Right... It's time for work :-(

love P x

All sounds good - keep going:). Agree the light/sun helps!

Quick update this week as I'm running late. Just over 1lb off today. Looked like it would be more earlier in the week but I think I'm retaining water! Still... I've lost 2st now (since January) so am still smiling.

P x

Back