Planned break

morgie12

Back again 810
I have a 2 day planned break 8th sept and am concerned by some posts where people have felt very poorly by eating carbs. I really want to enjoy the 2 days and will be drinking. Does anyone have any tips on what to eat to minimise the discomfort? Or does anyone have any positive experiences from taking a planned break? How hard is it to get back on track? X

Hi yesterrday it was sister's hen do and we had afternoon tea. I stayed clear of all alcohol as I was driving excuse and ate cucumber sandwiches and drank diet coke and ate a millionaire shortbread and chocolate tasting strawberries and a doughnut! I ate all my shakes too, I took some paraceteomol just in case and drank loads of water last night. Today I feel fine! Back on plan and weighed myself and no change as yet... Also have read from the fourm if you tick to high protein things you should be ok stay clear of high carbs, potato, bread, and pasta and eat veg and meat and you should be ok. Do you have to drink alcohol? I think that is what makes people feel worse as it's a major shock to the system. Good luck and enjoy your break :)

Hi, thanks for the reply x i could say i wouldnt drink but i know i will. When i began the diet at the end of may the party was something for me to look forward to and work towards so am determined to enjoy myself. I think your right with avoiding carbs amd i will prob stick with meat amd salad/veg x

morgie12 said:
Hi, thanks for the reply x i could say i wouldnt drink but i know i will. When i began the diet at the end of may the party was something for me to look forward to and work towards so am determined to enjoy myself. I think your right with avoiding carbs amd i will prob stick with meat amd salad/veg x

I get major tummy cramps on a break if I over indulge on carbs n fats. Not really sure how to cure it tho x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

pleasure enjoy! x

I seem to be the only one who felt fab on my two planned breaks! On both occasions I ate a huge meal. I drank so much on the second occasion that I was sick but this would have happened on cd or not. The day after both breaks I felt full of energy (I was literally) and was very happy - I stepped up the exercise and returned to SS and still lost weight although probably a pound or so less than I would have done without the break.

Yay daisy you have given me hope! I am so hoping I am like you and feel great on my break. X

Im having a planned break at the weekend for my Hen weekend.
Im off to Amsterdam with 17 friends and I know I will over induldge but im hope to get straight back on plan.
G&T will be my downfall, Even more so than the food lol
I will let you all know how I get on but like others have said its best to stick to low carb and high protein x x x

Hi angel, have a fab time in your hen weekend x

Im having a planned break at the weekend for my Hen weekend.
Im off to Amsterdam with 17 friends and I know I will over induldge but im hope to get straight back on plan.
G&T will be my downfall, Even more so than the food lol
I will let you all know how I get on but like others have said its best to stick to low carb and high protein x x x

you deserve it you have done so well enjoy your hen x

Hi angel, how did you get on at the weekend? Have you found it hard getting back on plan? X

morgie12 said:
Hi angel, how did you get on at the weekend? Have you found it hard getting back on plan? X

Hi there
It went very well thanks, the only " food " I had were all allowed on step 2, my downfall was as predicted the gin n slim ( made worse by the fact they don't do slimline on the ship or in pubs in Amsterdam )
The scales are ok / good so far but TOTM so god knows how they will be by Sat.
I managed a 12 mile walk upon our return on Sunday so that should have helped x x x

Back