planned days off

Dietingdon

Silver Member
I have 2 planned days off coming up. Im a little nervous to be honest, although, when I fell off the wagon on Sunday, I soon got back on it on Monday morning, although Im not back in ketosis yet :sigh:
Sunday is my nephews birthday party, and monday is my fiancee's birthday, we are going out for a meal, I want to enjoy it, and not feel guilty, but I dont want to go mad either. How have other people coped after planned days/holidays off?

Ok, at the risk of sounding very 'good two shoes', I don't have a planned day off. I honestly think that there are more important things to experience on days such as birthdays or such like than food/drink. I have a christening in a few weeks and have had my husband's birthday and my son's 3rd birthday since being on the CD and not had any time 'off' and won't for the christening either. Problem is as I see it, there will always be something that comes up constantly. Last time on LL I didn't even have a day off on Xmas Day or my birthday. Apart from being very proud of myself, I honestly enjoyed the occasions just as much and planned some non food related celebration for my birthday. Takes some imagination, but it's fun!

I have a holiday coming up in August, and not sure yet what I will do, as I would like to enjoy a glass of wine while away, but when I think about it, that's only because it's habit that I sit outside my caravan with glass of red wine in hand. I'll enjoy myself just as much with a cup of tea or black coffee, and I'll be at goal much sooner too. Going to sleep on that one and see how I feel, but at the moment I'm steering toward remaining completely SS+ for the two weeks I'm away.

I'm having a planned day off saturday, but i'm not looking at it as a day off, and have planned to be straight back on the shakes sunday. I think if i look at it as a day off plan i'll go mad then get back in to the habit of saying i'll start this day then the next and turns in to a week or 2 off plan.

so i'm looking at it as a nice cambridge day if that makes sense, will start with a shake then have my meal in evening:)

don't feel guilty, and just be strong to get back on plan:D

sorry for the ramble lolxx

My fiancee is a bit anti cambridge as it is, and I know if I say, 'no, we're not going out for a meal' then I'll never hear the end of it. Apart from that, I am looking forward to it.

My fiancee is a bit anti cambridge as it is, and I know if I say, 'no, we're not going out for a meal' then I'll never hear the end of it. Apart from that, I am looking forward to it.

I know the feeling, my bf hates the diet, but i know ya strong enough to get back on track :)

I think we're all human so that alone makes us all very different. Some people do not have days off and that works for them and others need a little yummy yummy off plan then get straight back on it. I say if it works for you, don't worry about it. You need to enjoy life still at the end of the day. Personally, I would find a planned day off would become 2 days, 3 days, 4 days etc etc off plan so I am not allowing myself to consider them ATM! But i haven't got any big events coming up. If I did I would probably have one meal for that then try and get back on it. Enjoy your days. X

I think we're all human so that alone makes us all very different. Some people do not have days off and that works for them and others need a little yummy yummy off plan then get straight back on it. I say if it works for you, don't worry about it. You need to enjoy life still at the end of the day. Personally, I would find a planned day off would become 2 days, 3 days, 4 days etc etc off plan so I am not allowing myself to consider them ATM! But i haven't got any big events coming up. If I did I would probably have one meal for that then try and get back on it. Enjoy your days. X

Like I said, I went off plan on sunday, and was straight back to it on Monday, so Im confident that 2 days will be 2 days. And I will be having my shakes on these days, I dont plan on eating 3 meals each day, just the birthday meals which are booked. I just feel that we all still have lives to lead. Maybe if I have a tight time frame, I wanted/needed to lose weight by, Id feel differently, but I haven't. Yes I want to lose it sooner rather than later, but if the odd day off means Im on the plan for an extra few weeks, I can live with that.

im prob the worst one to answer but you do what you feel is best. My day or two off turned into 4... but im back to 100% today i fully accept ill gain but i know it'll be off next week, no big deal to me i enjoyed every second of it!

I am having a planned long weekend off this weekend, in fact starting tomorrow!

I'm going to be on this diet for a few months minimum, and i can't have a period of time that long without any special events. I'd rather have a break and then get back on it afterwards even though i know it'll take a bit longer overall.

My feelings are take the planned days off and don't feel guilty about it. After all you have to live! Life doesn't stop!

I agree that the enjoyment of an occasion isn't all about the food but let's face it, I love a drink and with drink goes food! Such is the irony of life! X

I hope you don't think I'm judging at all. I'm honestly interested in the answer. It seems that I'm on my own here with sticking to CD more or less to the book. That's my personality type I guess! But, why would you want to start what is a pretty severe diet really and have to go in and out of ketosis and whatever effect that might have on your body? Why would you not do something like WW or SW, where you can factor in 'treats'?

Honestly, I'm not saying that it is right or wrong, but then I can't understand what would make you want to do this, then a few weeks in take days/weeks off it - it's got to be a really tough way to do Cambridge surely, having to fight to get back on and back into ketosis for that matter. I think that stopped me first time round, as the thought of getting back into ketosis again and the horrendous hunger, which is agony truly!

I'm sticking to it by the book too. The way I see it, if I'm going to do something so drastic, I'm going to make sure it works.

I have decided not to take any planned days off, only because I have a deadline to lose as much weight as possible. I was thinking of doing a ss+ to kick start the weightloss again?

I think its fine if you feel comfortable and confident you can get back on it.

I'm s stick to it by the book person too. Going on holiday in a couple of weeks and plan to do SS throughout. Mostly because I don't want to have to do the get back unto ketosis bit but also because I'm an all or nothing type and if I have a naughty day I don't trust myself to get back on the wagon again. And there are always birthdays and such cropping up so it would happen to often.

It's a personal choice though and you gotta do whatever is best for you in the long run we are all different!

I am taking a day off here and there but only for an event, not just for a night off - ie I have a mums night out tomorrow and a wedding next week. Then there shouldn't be anything coming up until mid-august when it is my birthday, and then nothing again yet until xmas.

I dont have a deadline to lose the weight so as long as I see a steady decrease I am happy that a few days here and there are acceptable - got to have a life after all.

I dont really have a deadline either, and am only having time off for a special occasion. Im very lucky in as much as the 1st 3 days, before Im in ketosis, I dont suffer the headaches etc.

I also find the diet pretty easy and I like it and it gets quick results. With ww I find I cheat a lot but I don't cheat on this unless I have my day off- granted took me a bit longer to stop enjoying but I'm happy as I am going here works for me for the next few weeks anyway I need the routine!

Back