Plateauing advice??

xlaurax

Hello guys!
Ive lost 17 ibs now, however ive reached the unfortionate plateau:mad:...over the last two weeks ive stayed the same DESPITE me lowering one point last week. This is very disapointing as i have stuck one BILLION percent to it and tripple checked everythings points value. Has anyone had this so early into their weight loss?? (i want to loss at least 7 stone more)
How have people kick started their weight loss after a plateu and can you conquer it? Ive seen something on here of going to very low points to high (ie. mixing it up) but i cant remember it.

Im really desperate to get my weight loss started again and will do absolutely anything! Should i lower my points allowance more..again???

So everyone knows i should be 27 points but ive lowered it to 26 now.
Any advice would be great!

Last edited:
Afraid I can't offer any advice on getting it going again other than stick with it! Are you having enough fluid?

The Wendi plan is where you take the whole weeks points and spread them unevenly over the week to mix it up a bit.

Good luck in getting that weight shifting again.

x

Are you doing any exercise - maybe changing it slightly would kick start your weight loss? You are doing brilliantly by the way!!!!

Has anyone tried the wendi plan and had success to get them through a plateau?? How do you do it?

Hi i've not tried the Wendi plan but I've been doing ww for 9 weeks and i have lost every week without fail. my initial points allowance was 27 but i never went anywhere near that. Only 3 days out of 9 weeks have i gone over 20 points. I know this is a lot lower than my points allowance but i think 20 points is plenty for me, i have 3 meals everyday and various snacks aswell. The only time i go over it is if i go out for a meal (very rare) or if i have alcohol (very rare). I think you have a few options. 1. Keep doing what your doing and see what happens next week. 2. Lower your points or 3. exercise.

Do you mind me asking what a typical day's food is for you? x

Has anyone tried the wendi plan and had success to get them through a plateau?? How do you do it?

I've done the Wendi plan and it worked, you just have high days then very low days etc if you search for it on here or in google (wendy/wendie/wendi plan) everyone spells it different, but it is out there and definitely works, but it's only to be done in your situation as a one off, not on a perm do it weekly plan etc :) either that or if you have your WW books the first week you should have been given a kick start booklet, which is where you just have 18points a day and its meant to kick you off either plan should work, its just about shaking things up as your body has got use to what your doing, good luck xx

Hello I lost every week for 4 months then had a new mirena coil since then I've had 3 gains , I also lost 3 stone in 5 months that was July since July I've lost 8 lbs and it's not shifting? I read on another site loads of tips that can help but it mainly pointed to body adjusting to losing weight how it will let go eventually that's why measuring is good as we lose inches not lbs on scales.
I'd say as long as your weighing measuring everything tracking everyday no picking or odd things like licking spoons and fingers shen cooking , drinking fluid changing whY you eat and exercising gradually building it up you will see a loss , it's hard though but well done on your great loss x

Thanks for all you're replies guys! Since I posted i lost 2Ibs..thank god! Now ive upped my exercise and ive stuck to the wendi plan all week...weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed! Ill post my wendie plan review after then i guess ;)

Im glad it seemed to work for you!! good luck on weigh day x

Wendie worked for me when i STS for a couple weeks x

wendy worked for me the first time I lost weight, I had plateaued for 3 months and as soon as I started something similar to wendy (I wasn't even doing it perfectly, just having one day of high points followed by a very low points day every week) the weight started to fall off again :) and I reached goal losing constantly! This time round I have followed this same principle and I have reached goal in 10 months losing 4.5 stone and have kept on losing weight while in maintenance also!

Back