Please advice

- lindylou

Hi I am not very good on the computer so please excuse all my mistakes. I am finding it very hard to loose weight ,about 1lb every six weeks .I understand calories but not what carbohydrates of which sugars mean, could someone please explain. I really would be very grateful . I am 65 years old and 5ft tall and weigh 8stone 4ounzes now and do not want to put any weight back on after loosing 3and half stone over 3year's
Thank you

An ingredient list has carbohydrates and then underneath tells you how much of that amount is sugars. As sugar is a carbohydrate.

Hi Womblefree Just found your reply Thank you for that. Do you have to watch your intake of this as well as calories, it gets confusing. Am frightened of putting all that weight on again.

Not really. If you are watching calories just watch that. Cutting down on sugar better for health, teeth and energy levels though. You should Google cutting down on sugar and see what you think.

Hi,

Cutting out carbs and sugars is a good weight loss tactic, so maybe that's something to try if your weight creeps up! Although all you have to do is just make healthy food choices and enjoy fatty/unhealthy foods in moderation :)

Hi
I have been reading the forums on this website and others which gives not only hope but also ideas on how I can try to lose weight. In March of the year, the doc weighed me and I was a shocking 83kg! I felt sick and knew that I had to do something about it - With my 49th birthday just round the corner I have given myself 1 Year to lose at least 25kg before hitting the big 50
I am not one to follow groups like SW or WW but I love learning from both and has helped me lose 10kg in the last few month. One of my friends go to SW and she too, helps by advising me on the do and don't but at times I get stuck especially where some of my favourite recipes involve the use if coconut milk which is high in calories and not forgetting the syns in SW.
So thought what if I used quark and coconut essence . Has any body tried this combo??
Please help me Thanks

Back