Please could you help....

Snugglepuss

Silver Member
me plan my saturday......??

I'm having friends round on saturday and we are off to the pub and then having a cheeky chinese takeaway (i figured it would be better than a meal out).
What are the healthiest starters and mains??

Thank you x

I'm totally out of practice on Chinese & takeaways as I haven't been to SW since July but look forward to the replies as chinese is our downfall!

I don't really get chinese so can't tell you any good dishes, but if you have a food directory there is a section on take away food in the back.

If you're not doing EE that day, I'd say a veggie dish and rice would be best and have a green day - though clearly on EE you'd have more freedom.

xx

I would have a soup for starters, prob chicken noodle, followed by chicken chow mein :) not sure on syns but definitely some of the more healthy options :)

Hi Mate- got this article for you
x
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Out on the China-town. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
eating_out.jpg
A great appetiser that offers a fuller-sized starter for small-size Syns is hot and sour soup at only 5 Syns per serving!
Chinese cuisine provides loads of meaty choices for an Original day! Tuck into a 160g serving of spare ribs (about 4 ribs) for 8½ Syns, or for just 4½ Syns* enjoy beef with mushrooms. There are chicken dishes galore with chicken in oyster sauce at 4½ Syns*, chicken and black bean sauce (5 Syns*) chicken and mushrooms (5½ Syns*). If you fancy rice with your Original dishes, 100g (about a medium portion) of boiled rice is only 6½ Syns!
Rice and noodle dishes make excellent Green options. A serving of chicken chop suey with noodles is a fab 5½ Syns* while chicken chow mein is 7 Syns*. For a veggie option, stir-fried mixed vegetables are a sound 6½ Syns*. Top up with loads of Free boiled rice for a Chinese banquet!
Fancy seeing the future? The future’s slim, with fortune cookies at around 2½ Syns each.
*Per average take-away serving
Hong Kong phooey…
Watch out for dishes that include oil, batter and filo pastry (eg spring rolls, crispy duck, seaweed and prawn toast). Maximise your Free Food choices to really enjoy these appetisers!​

Thank you for your replies, CP thats great info and helps alot :) xx

Do an EE day, to make it easier on yourself. Then you can have chicken/prawn chow mein, chicken/prawn chop suey & rice or even chicken/prawn & chashew nuts for relatively low syns (none of them are more than 5 syns total). Stay away from the prawn crackers - 2 crackers are 1.5 syns!

Thanks JB i think i might, it will be my first one though.....i'm right in thinking im only allowed 1 hexA and 1 hexB?

Yep! I only do EE, the other plans are too restrictive for me. It will give you freedom to enjoy more chinese dishes, but with you still in complete control. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your day!

Thank you JB :) x

Back